Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Marvel: Upcoming/Released Movies + More

Postby Wolvine » Thu May 08, 2014 2:27 am

stevetony absolutely, so much of comics canon makes a lot more sense as you read it as tony being grossly and self-destructively in love with steve, although if he reciprocates is a lot less likely. also rhodeytony bc gay bffs and actually uh tony and everyone bc he's disgusting and sleeps with everyone. starkquill is growing on me, i'll admit. clint in my head is the trashy disappointing son

ty stone is a gloriously awful character he's definitely up there in my list of favourite jackasses.

most people who aren't comics savvy didn't catch that he was crossbones, or the references to stephen strange and moon knight. i'm actually super super happy with how they handled sharon. they established her as this incredibly rad agent before setting her up with steve. i was worried they were going to put her in just as his love interest right away, but nothing's happened yet and i'm so glad about it because sharon is a brilliant character with no mopey super soldier holding her back.

i'm not convinced he was too serious. asking him to drop the shield? absolutely batroc-esque. we did only get a few minutes of screentime, and besides, it is a pretty dark movie. the ahonhonhons wouldn't have fit.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotnoodle101 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:44 am

While I can see Steve not realizing it, I can't quite imagine him just not feeling it. They got /married/ in another 'verse, I seriously doubt it's unrequited. They just can't pull their heads out of their asses. I ship Tony and Ty hard. And Tony and Sunset, and all three of them together. It's weird, and I don't pretend to understand why. I also ship him with Indries and Rumiko. Generally dark-haired women who want to hurt him. o.o I liked Sharon, just hoping they don't shamelessly fridge her. Looking at you, Remender.
~A cool exec with a heart of steel~

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hotnoodle101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Wolvine, have you ever thought of requesting books from your local library? Oh, and, I was confused by your abbreviations (MCU, AOU, CW, TWS). I could guess what some of them were, but I would like clarification (Thanks!)
I'm sorry, Koolkat. It wasn't Leech (Though it was a good guess). Leech isn't evil. I, too, wonder how Scarlet Witch does it. I guess we'll just have to find out.
A couple other funny Youtube channels are:
Cinema Sins (Features swearing, sometimes covered by *beep*) https://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaSins
Screen Junkies (Features "Honest Trailers") https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOpcAC ... 9Z6GERVi1A
σρєи уσυя єуєѕ, αи∂ fєєℓ αℓινє.
ѕρяєα∂ уσυя ωιиgѕ, αи∂ тαкє fℓιgнт

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr SoundCloud
I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 pm

seeing as my local library would likely be in thai, i don't think i'd have much success on that front. i am attanding bangkok comic con tomorrow though, so maybe there might be some issues in english there if i'm lucky.

sorry about the abbreviations, i unfairly assumed that you'd all know what they mean. just to be sure- MCU stands for the Marvel Cinematic Universe to distinguish it from comics, such as the main branch (616), Ultimates (Ults) or even Marvel Adventures (MA) I guess. AOU refers to the upcoming Age of Ultron, CW to the 616 event Civil War and TWS is The Winter Soldier.

Ahh I haven't read House of M thoroughly yet, as when I picked up the issue originally I was fresh new to Marvel and had no idea what was going on, but if memory serves she isn't actually in control when she makes sure that there are "no more mutants." since they can't even say the word mutant without getting sued by Fox, it seems unlikely that we'll see anything of the sort in the Avengers side of things, but it's possible I guess in the X-men line, if they ever manage to stop using Wolverine for every single movie. Do they even have rights to Wanda? She's been a more influential Avenger than an X-man, and it's weird they've put in Pietro and not her. I'm really not aware of the MCU all that much, particularly the X-men.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Sat May 10, 2014 9:01 am

Haha... I just knew it would be super obvious.

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Sat May 10, 2014 3:41 pm

let's talk about gotg though, i'm so pumped for the movie. so so so excited. guardians of the galaxy is a great series, really fun and dumb and really the perfect superhero movie. groot looks so cute im furious about it, he's literally a giant talking tree he has no right to be so moe. i've been listening to hooked on a feeling on repeat for the past five days i think i need help.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rant » Sun May 11, 2014 2:36 am

Wolvine wrote:seeing as my local library would likely be in thai, i don't think i'd have much success on that front. i am attanding bangkok comic con tomorrow though, so maybe there might be some issues in english there if i'm lucky.

download comicrack and then go to a site which hosts the comics you want in .cbr form, and download or torrent them.
Rant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Sun May 11, 2014 2:03 pm

Okay people! I just watched The Amazing Spider-man 2 today!
All I can say: BEST. FRIGGIN'. MOVIE. EVERRRRR!!! EEEEEEEEEEEK!! ♥♥♥ Anyways, I don't want to go in to detail due to spoilers, but I've had this feeling all day since watching it that I am over-aware of every single thing. I am not even joking. People must'v thought something was wrong with me... The whole thing was really messed up.
Plus, we have a special appearance: Paul Giamati! I just finished watching John Adams so... yeah.

Olavie wrote:I've had an overdose of awesomeness.

So yeah... I was so disappointed when no one else wanted to talk about how awesome the movie was.

I've also created my own mutant OCs. It's weird, this is the first time I've ever actually brainstormed for ideas concerning self-created characters (Bree and Madison Steller). And they actually feel like real comic characters. I imagine their stories in my head as if I were reading a comic.

I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Sun May 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Rant wrote:
Wolvine wrote:seeing as my local library would likely be in thai, i don't think i'd have much success on that front. i am attanding bangkok comic con tomorrow though, so maybe there might be some issues in english there if i'm lucky.

download comicrack and then go to a site which hosts the comics you want in .cbr form, and download or torrent them.

im ashamed to say i do that, its the only practical way i can get comics. i'm catching up on infinity/the hickman (new) avengers run. im a believer in 'try then buy' so one day when ive got some disposable income i'm going to go back an buy all the comics i like.

i was actually really disappointed with tasm2?? i dont know i just didnt like it that much. i knew what was coming from the moment we walked into the theatre, and a lot of it seemed to be kinda... i dont know. not great? idk. i felt they trivialised mental disorders a bit with the comedic handling of max, when it was clear he was not a healthy man. it shouldnt have been something they played comedic music to in the background. also idk i felt like they should have left harry's transformation until the next movie? it all seemed to happen too quickly to me.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Blackhawk » Sat May 17, 2014 3:56 am

Hey guys! I'm Agent Blackhawk! I love all things Marvel and Clint Barton is my future husband (if you couldn't tell from the sig and avatar). The Avengers and the X-Men are my favorites. I religiously read All New X-Men and Infinity. Some of my favorite characters are Clint Barton, Tony Stark, and Logan (Wolverine.) My favorite ships are FitzSimmons (Cutest ship in the history of ever), Clintasha, and Pepperony.*End extremely shortened introduction*

Anyway, I just listed a new #StandWithSHIELD necklace in my Etsy shop here, if anyone's interested.

I may be on the side of the...........

...............................ᴀɴɢᴇʟs...

but don't believe for...................

a second that I'm......................

........................ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.

Eᴛsʏ - DailyBitsOfGeek
Agent Blackhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me