music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby laura palmer. » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 am

hi @jazminelowen!
i havent listened to atl, but
if im correct, theyre putting
out a new song tomorrow? or
sometime this week? i think i
read it on nme !

another review by yours truly
white blood cells by the white stripes
1. dead leaves and the dirty ground
2. hotel yorba
3. im finding it harder to be a gentleman
4. fell in love with a girl
5. expecting
6. little room
7. the union forever
8. same boy you've always known
9. we're going to be friends
10. offend in every way
11. i think i smell a rat
12. aluminum
13. i cant wait
14. now mary
15. i can learn
16. this protector

white blood cells is the third studio album to be released by the white stripes. it was released july 3, 2001. the white stripes are composed of only two members, meg white and jack white. the white stripes started in 1997 and lasted until 2011. they released a total of 6 studio albums, and several live ones. the most well-known live album was under the great northern lights, which also came with a documentary on the white stripes tour, that encompassed every single territory of canada.

i grew up listening to the white stripes. it was always my father's favorite band, so they became the soundtrack to every roadtrip, every trip to the store, and even just hanging around the house. my favorite album was always white blood cells, because of it's lyrical content, and overall sound. the genre is rock, or hard-rock. not metal. just plain old, hard-rock.

my favorite track on the album is 'we're going to be friends', track number 9. it's a cute and nice song, about a kid falling in love with a girl at school. it's a very "pure" song. jack white is an excellent guitar player, and he especially proves it on this album. specifically, tracks 1 & 4, in my opinion. [dead leaves + fell in love w/ a girl].

my favorite lyric is "she said are you alright, and i said i must be fine because my heart's still beating." im not sure exactly why but i very much like it. hotel yorba is also a lovely song, and the fact that they are banned from hotel yorba for recording the song in it without permission just adds to the whole ideal.

the album is very nice, and if you're into bands such as the arctic monkeys, the strokes, the black keys, the racontuers [jack is a part of this band], and foo fighters, then you'd really like the white stripes. let me know if you check them out !!

i give this album an 8/10 !
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bails. » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:23 pm

favorite artist, and why; Queen. I was raised on their music, and just that whole 70s+ era(s) in general. Their beats and Freddie's voice just captured me the most and I have no idea why.
favorite song, and why; By Queen it's Bicycle Race. In general I can never stick to one, but currently it's Screen by Twenty One Pilots.
favorite lyric, and why; If memories are shadows
We'd best not waste the light
Echoes of aphasia
Have haunted you tonight
This is from the song Forget Me Not by Marianas Trench. I like this lyric because he (Josh Ramsay) wrote this song for his mom, who was diagnosed with lewy body dementia and it shows just how literally it's affecting him. It's direct and different from MT's other songs.
favorite album, and why; I can't decide between If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack by Sleeping With Sirens and Vessel by Twenty One Pilots. I joined the Clique in the beginning/middle of that era, and Truce really got to me. Same with SWS, but I got into them just recently, and it was Roger Rabbit that was my first song and made me want to hear more of their music
favorite genre; Punk/Rock anything along those lines. I like Skrillex as well... I quite like classical music too. I'm pretty all over the place.
favorite music news source [if any]; HAHAHAHAHAHA twitter and Rolling Stone.
least favorite artist, and why; I don't really have a least favorite. Everyone makes pretty OK music, some are just better than others, but I respect all of them nonetheless.
least favorite song, and why; Closer by The Chainsmokers just because it's played 24/7 and it's been over four months.
favorite music service Spotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.); I have a ton of CDs and no record player, but I seriously love live records, especially for Twenty One Pilots because it just makes you feel safe and are being hugged by Tyler and Josh themselves.

Also for anyone wondering, I'm also into Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, Train, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Halsey, Melanie Martinez, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, and Three Days Grace to name a few.... heh... whoops.
gay pirates, vampires and predestined half dragons, anything by casey mcquiston or neil gaiman, tea, and a healthy dose of hbo max. chronically tired but caffeinated. occasional studying

they/she
psych major, gender and women's studies minor
local book and library enthusiast

.bails.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:24 am

@.bails.
welcome to the group !!
ah yes, a twenty one pilots fan !! screen is really good, if i had to pick a fav from vessel it would be fake you out or truce. i wish we could go back to the vessel era, of small shows and rad merch. i love the merch now though too hahah, but vessel was definitely my favorite 'era'.
ah yes, live recordings for them are amazing. i got blurryface live for christmas, and listening to it is literally the best feeling ever. i always feel so safe and it brightens my mood.
we seem to have lots of bands in common ! mcr, fob, halsey, melanie,and p!atd!!
have a good day !
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crescent Moon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:24 am

Woah! I been on CS in quite a while! Might as well jump back into things with a quick review...I think.

Okay, so lately I have been listening to a group called RKCB and I must say I am not disappointed with the music that they put out. I haven't listened to all there songs, although there is not many. However, I must say out of the ones I have listened to "Elevated" has been my favorite. I found them on Spotify and I really recommend giving some of their songs a quick listen!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ about me ♥
ℍ𝕖𝕪! 𝕀'𝕞 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟,
𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤
𝕀 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℕ𝕖𝕥𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕩, 𝕋𝕙𝕖
𝕍𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕦𝕡.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ links ♥
𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕞𝕖
𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥

◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻

Crescent Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bails. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

Okay, so if you aren't a Twenty One Pilots fan you don't have to read this.

Anyway, I've voiced my opinion on this on my twitter and to my friends already when the HDS music video came out, so i thought I could post it here as well.
We all know there are many theories on the video, but not many people take previous videos into consideration. At least, not that I've seen. My theory is that in the Car Radio video, he finds that performing, seeing fans, writing music, and things like that make him happy and give him hope. In the Heavydirtysoul video, Josh saves him from Blurryface by beating his drum harder and harder each time the car loops around. The final time, Tyler jumps out of the car and joins Josh on the road to play music and perform. We know that Josh saved him. We know that Josh tried to help him. BUT it was Tyler's decision to jump out and join Josh. He could have stayed in the car with Blurryface and destroyed himself. But he didn't. He chose to be with Josh instead. In that, Tyler is portraying that while Josh and the Clique were essentially his crutch and bandages, it was primarily him that decided he didn't want to be with Blurryface and commit metaphorical or literal suicide.
The Heavydirtysoul video sets an example and sends a message to the fans that you have your crutches. The things that help you through difficult times and things like that, but it is you that really decides whether or not to listen to the people around you and get help or not.
gay pirates, vampires and predestined half dragons, anything by casey mcquiston or neil gaiman, tea, and a healthy dose of hbo max. chronically tired but caffeinated. occasional studying

they/she

.bails.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skeleton, » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:59 am

@.bails.
ahh i love that idea
that could be true considering blurryface is a character describing tyler's insecurities, and the deep meanings each song has.
skeleton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bails. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:48 pm

@skeleton,
IKR LMAO
the HDS video in general has a lot of theories that could be taken differently, and I find that different videos for the album Blurryface have different meanings that all sorta tie together and create one meaningful message, yknow?

they/she

.bails.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:26 am

@.bails.
woah i really like that theory.
my personal one was that the
reason the car kept going towards
josh and swerving at last minute
was tyler is afraid his blurryface
will hurt josh, but he doesnt let
it. and the reason at the end of
the mv he's back in the car is
because he has a blurryface
each and every day. tyler needs
blurryface to survive. idk if that
made any sense i just woke up
hahah
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bails. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:57 pm

@realjoshdun

Nah, that actually made perfect sense. I really like that theory as well, it could also play a part in the main message. Just out the top of my head, "even though you have your own blurryface everyday, don't let it hurt others"? lol idk

they/she

.bails.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raya36 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 am

favorite artist, and why;
Picking one favourite artist is really hard since I listen to so many different bands but close to the the top would have to be Linkin Park and Papa Roach. Although at the moment Papa Roach is sitting more at the top for me after Linkin Park's latest release, Heavy. Linkin Park was the band that really got me into rock and the music I listen to now. Papa Roach is more the style I like now though. I also saw Papa Roach live recently.

favorite song, and why;
Once again this is really hard for me to answer since it changes all the time. Currently I really love Blackbird by Alter Bridge.

favorite lyric, and why;
Usually goes along with my favourite song. Right now it's "Let the wind carry you home. Blackbird fly away. May you never be broken again."

favorite album, and why;
I usually listen to songs more by the artist than by the album so I don't actually have a favourite album at the moment.

favorite genre;
Rock all the way!

favorite music news source [if any];
Don't really have a favourite unless following allnof my favourite bands and their members on Twitter counts.

least favorite artist, and why;
I'm not a huge fan of pretty much any pop artists.

least favorite song, and why;
Most pop songs.

favorite music service
Spotify

favorite platform?;
I normally listen to music off my phone

Raya36
❞𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕪 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒.
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆Trades ©⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
working on collecting all cats,
deer, snakes, birds, and otters.
always love trading