music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby chateau » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:13 pm

favorite artist, and why; twenty one pilots. all their lyrics speak to me, especially in self titled
      favorite song, and why; friend, please. to me it's really pulling at the strings of that one person in your life who is going through things and it's hard to get them to stay, but please.
      favorite lyric, and why; "i just won't let go till' we both see the light. and i have never else left to say but i will listen to you all day, yes i will." it's honestly really comforting and lets you know that someone cares and they will go to their fullest potention to make sure you understand.
      favorite album, and why; definitely self titled, it's just really touching. my second option would be Vessel/Regional At Best
      favorite genre; alternative rock
      favorite music news source [if any]; usually my friends or just spotify
      least favorite artist, and why; i feel like people will hate me for this but it's beyonce.. her music and personality kind of bugs me but i've never told anyone this yet lol.
      least favorite song, and why; shake it off by taylor swift. c'mon, do i really need to say why
      favorite music service; Spotify
chateau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripturient » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:46 pm

favorite artist, and why;
hard to say, I have so many! I think my absolute favorites are P!NK, Adele, Nickelback, Melanie Martinez and Michael Jackson. I just love their songs, Pink and Adele are also very simpatico, Melanie's crazy style is great and I love Jackson's music. Ohh and I LOVE Evanescence!

favorite song, and why;
sweet home Alabama (lynrd Skynyrd). Geez this has ALWAYS been my favorite song, since I was five or so, and it stayed. I could listen to it for years straight!

favorite lyric, and why;
"Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello, I am your mind giving you someone to talk to
Hello

If I smile and don't believe
Soon I know I'll wake from this dream
Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
Hello, I am the lie living for you so you can hide
Don't cry

Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
Hello, I'm still here
All that's left of yesterday"
(hello by Evanescence)
I just love these lyrics. I always felt alone, but these lyrics gave me the feeling that I'm not alone with my loneliness and that there are people who feel the same (luckily things are better now, but this song just still means a lot to me X'3)

favorite album, and why;
don't have one, I don't go by albums

favorite genre;
(classic rock), rock, pop, metal

favorite music news source [if any];
ehhh... Don't have one XD

least favorite artist, and why;
Sportfreunde Stiller and Sido. Sportfreunde Stiller: their singer CAN'T sing. God his voice drives me insane, is so freakin'annoying. Sido- what can I say, I hate gangster rap more than anything

least favorite song, and why;
die immer lacht. How I hate this song. It's stupid, the singer can't sing and it's dead boring...

favorite music service
music service? Ehm... YouTube? ^^"
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.
I love RPing and making up stories. I'm a musician, writer and artist...ah and a weirdo.
Feel free to PM me for any reasons, my in box is always open for everyone C:

If you ever see me running, follow me!
Either the zombies are attacking or there's chocolate around.
Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ρεяғεcтισηιsт » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:25 pm

favorite artist, and why; ᴍᴇʟᴀɴɪᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴛɪɴᴇᴢ. I discovered mel about a year ago and I'm so glad I did. mel's music is so unique and I don't know... she's just such an amazing artist and her lyrics are just so deep and important to me.
favorite song, and why; my favorite song is without a doubt by mel, I can tell you that. It's so hard to choose just one of her songs because every single one of them have a meaning to me. but, I would say ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀsᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ, which is one of mel's EP.
favorite lyric, and why; mel's lyrics mean so much to be, but I believe the most meaningful lyric of hers to me is, "It's such a waste when little girls grow into their mother's face. but little girls are learning how to cut and paste. and pucker up their lips until they suffocate." these lyrics just really speak to me but I don't know why.
favorite album, and why; ᴄʀʏʙᴀʙʏ. I know, a shocker.
favorite genre; ᴇʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄᴀ/ɪɴᴅɪᴇ
favorite music news source [if any]; ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ/sᴘᴏᴛɪғʏ tbh
least favorite artist, and why; ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ sᴡɪғᴛ. I honestly used to love taylor. she was my absolute favorite artist when she was country. but once she went pop, I popped off.
least favorite song, and why; some people may hate me for this but... ᴄʟᴏsᴇʀ by the chainsmokers. the first time I heard it it was alright but then it was on the radio every second of everyday alongside taylor swift and then all my friends kept singing it and I got tired of it. I think we all have that one song that we like in the beginning, but then you just get sick of it.
favorite music service; sᴘᴏᴛɪғʏ
Last edited by ρεяғεcтισηιsт on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ρεяғεcтισηιsт

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripturient » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 pm

ρεяғεcтισηιsт wrote:favorite artist, and why; melanie martinez. I discovered mel about a year ago and I'm so glad I did. mel's music is so unique and idk... she's just such an amazing artist and her lyrics are just so deep and important to me.
favorite song, and why; my favorite song is without a doubt by mel, I can tell you that. It's so hard to choose just one of her songs because every single one of them have a meaning to me. but, I would say bittersweet tragedy, which is one of mel's EP.
favorite lyric, and why; mel's lyrics mean so much to be, but I believe the most meaningful lyric of hers to me is "It's such a waste when little girls grow into their mother's face. but little girls are learning how to cut and paste. and pucker up their lips until they suffocate." these lyrics just really speak to me but I don't know why.
favorite album, and why; crybaby. I know, a shocker.
favorite genre; electronica/indie
favorite music news source [if any]; youtube/spotify tbh
least favorite artist, and why; taylor swift. I honestly used to love taylor. she was my absolute favorite artist when she was country. but once she went pop, I popped off.
least favorite song, and why; some people may hate me for this but... closer by the chainsmokers. the first time I heard it it was alright but then it was on the radio every second of everyday alongside taylor swift and then all my friends kept singing it and I got tired of it. I think we all have that one song that we like in the beginning, but then you just get sick of it.
favorite music service spotify

Ah another fan of Mel! :D crybaby is fantastic. Whatcha think of 'pity party'? :) Personally my favorite song from her, along with carousel, dollhouse and bittersweet tragedy^^

By the way, does anyone of you guys know poets of the fall? :)
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.
I love RPing and making up stories. I'm a musician, writer and artist...ah and a weirdo.

Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby golden tarot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Alex Darke wrote:
ρεяғεcтισηιsт wrote:favorite artist, and why; melanie martinez. I discovered mel about a year ago and I'm so glad I did. mel's music is so unique and idk... she's just such an amazing artist and her lyrics are just so deep and important to me.
favorite song, and why; my favorite song is without a doubt by mel, I can tell you that. It's so hard to choose just one of her songs because every single one of them have a meaning to me. but, I would say bittersweet tragedy, which is one of mel's EP.
favorite lyric, and why; mel's lyrics mean so much to be, but I believe the most meaningful lyric of hers to me is "It's such a waste when little girls grow into their mother's face. but little girls are learning how to cut and paste. and pucker up their lips until they suffocate." these lyrics just really speak to me but I don't know why.
least favorite artist, and why; taylor swift. I honestly used to love taylor. she was my absolute favorite artist when she was country. but once she went pop, I popped off.
least favorite song, and why; some people may hate me for this but... closer by the chainsmokers. the first time I heard it it was alright but then it was on the radio every second of everyday alongside taylor swift and then all my friends kept singing it and I got tired of it. I think we all have that one song that we like in the beginning, but then you just get sick of it.

Ah another fan of Mel! :D crybaby is fantastic. Whatcha think of 'pity party'? :) Personally my favorite song from her, along with carousel, dollhouse and bittersweet tragedy^^

personally i like pacify her more, but that's just me

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
hello! my name is golden tarot
and i love cs! my pms are always
open, so feel free to talk to me!
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

xxxxxxxxImage
╭━━━━━━━━━━━╮
the record shop! | adoption center!
need help? click here!
credit
╰━━━━━━━━━━━╯
xxxxxxxx

golden tarot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ρεяғεcтισηιsт » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Alex Darke wrote:

pity party and cake were actually the very first songs I heard from mel. after that I got sucked into the fandom and ended up loving every single one of her songs.
ρεяғεcтισηιsт

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:47 am

@golden tarot
im glad you're excited to join!!
im a huge fan of troye myself, and i have to say, for him is my favorite song by him too. its such a nice and beautiful love song, and the intro to it is probably my favorite.
the chorus is also really nice and sweet.
my other favorites by him are COOL, FOOLS, and BITE.
blue neighbourhood is such such a beautiful [im using that word too much oops] album. i love the album art, and the music it contains!!
also, i can agree on disliking taylor swift. she's one of my main dislikes. ever since the kanye incident...

@viiolet
yes yes yes twenty one pilots are my favorite band as well!! friend, please is such a powerful song by them, and i completely agree with what you say. though self-titled isn't my favorite album by them, i really really love it and it's lyrical content. my favorite from it is probably a car, a torch, a death, or oh, ms. believer.

@alex darke
those lyrics are [insert other word for beautiful]! i really like them. it's creative. ive never heard of evanscense but i'll have to check them out!! i agree with you on liking p!nk and adele. i really like p!nk, and she cameo-ed in popstar; never stop, never stopping, which is a favorite movie of mine. her and adele have amazing voices.

@perfectionist
i too, am a huge fan of mel!! i really hope she puts out a new album soon because im finding myself craving more and more!! my favorite song by her would probably have to be sippy cup, and ive loved it since i heard it the very very first time. i love the lyrics, the hook, i just overall really really love the song. my second favorite would have to be pacify her, and i really love the video to it as well.
i love how melanie decided to do a music video for every song on the album. its cool.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vincent Van Goat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm

favorite artist, and why; I have quite a few favorites, but I love Mozart and Maurice Ravel. Their music is so relaxing and nice to listen to, and it's wonderful.
favorite song, and why; Bolero- Maurice Ravel (I linked to the BE/Synth version) It sounds like a bunch of soldiers walking into battle, starting quietly, and then getting louder, which makes it sound cool to me.
favorite lyric, and why; I mainly listen to classical music, so I don't have any favorite song lyrics. To be honest, I like instrumental songs better than songs with lyrics.
favorite album, and why; I don't listen to albums.
favorite genre; Classical.
favorite music news source [if any]; I don't use music news resources.
least favorite artist, and why; Everyone's gonna hate me, but.... Twenty One Pilots. I listened to a couple of their songs, and I could not stand them.
least favorite song, and why; I don't really have a least favorite, but there are many songs that I can't even listen to for a second.
favorite music service YouTube
ALL OF MY ADOPTION CENTERS AND GIVEAWAYS ARE CLOSED// INACTIVE
Vincent Van Goat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripturient » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Vincent Van Goat wrote:favorite artist, and why; I have quite a few favorites, but I love Mozart and Maurice Ravel. Their music is so relaxing and nice to listen to, and it's wonderful.
favorite song, and why; Bolero- Maurice Ravel (I linked to the BE/Synth version) It sounds like a bunch of soldiers walking into battle, starting quietly, and then getting louder, which makes it sound cool to me.
favorite lyric, and why; I mainly listen to classical music, so I don't have any favorite song lyrics. To be honest, I like instrumental songs better than songs with lyrics.
favorite album, and why; I don't listen to albums.
favorite genre; Classical.
favorite music news source [if any]; I don't use music news resources.
least favorite artist, and why; Everyone's gonna hate me, but.... Twenty One Pilots. I listened to a couple of their songs, and I could not stand them.
least favorite song, and why; I don't really have a least favorite, but there are many songs that I can't even listen to for a second.
favorite music service YouTube

Ah hey :)
You as a classical-fan-
Do you know Requiem for a dream by lux aeterna? It's a classical piece, too, and just amazing :) the music starts very low and silently and then it slowly builds up into a musical explosion, to get silent again then. I can just recommend it! :D

Also @ realjoshdun:
Yeah that's what I thought too. I especially love how Evanescence isn't blaming anyone in certain in thatsong but basically herself (hello, I'm the lie, living for you so you can hide) and how those lyrics at the same express fear and yeeeaaahhh ^^

And @ perfectionist:
Was the same for me, just that the first song I heared from her was dollhouse and carousel^^
ImageImage
Heyo, I'm Alex.

Scripturient

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:31 am

@vincent van goat
i have to start this off by saying i absolutely love your username!! i haven't listened to classical music enough to notice names, but all in all when i have listened to it, it was very soothing. i am also a fan of instrumental music, and i find a lot of it on soundcloud.
calming music is really what i love. and about twenty one pilots, ill be honest, the first time i heard them, i too was repulsed. but now, somehow, i love them, haha. i respect your opinion 100%!
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me