Warrior Cats Info Master List (update, added name gen!)

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Warrior Cats Master Information

Postby hachi. » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:56 am

May I add some notes on name prefixes and suffixes? Do's and do not's for both? I feel it would be helpful to many :)
hachi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:05 am

Yes! :)

Naming your cat (WIP)

Postby hachi. » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:05 pm

This list will be for helping you pick your cat's name! All of these are based off of the books, or my own views. This shouldn't stop you from naming your cat what you want, but it's just a thought when you are picking a name for your new charrie! If you have any questions, comments, or would like to add something feel free to PM me. - CURRENTLY A WIP -

The Prefix - What is the prefix of your cat? The prefix is the name your cat gets right after it's born. Spotted-, Golden-, Storm-, ect. are all prefixes. Since it is the first name your cat gets, it probably will describe him. After all - a newborn kit does not have a personality! It is simply...there. A kit will not be 'Bumble'ing anywhere.

i. What makes a good prefix - The prefix is best used to describe your cats appearance. Gray-, Golden-, Soot-, and Mouse- are all good prefixes! However Breeze, Dog, and Feather- probably aren't (See ii) as they don't describe your cat. Well her name is Breeze- because she is light on her feet Well that's fine and dandy but let's think about breezes. You can't see them. A better prefix would be Silver- (if she is grey) and her suffix could be -step (SEE SUFFIX i)
    ii. What makes a bad prefix - A bad prefix is anything to broad or non-describing. Dog- would be bad because their are so many types of dogs. Brown dogs, big dogs, small dogs, yellow dogs, ect.
    iii - Derogatory Prefixes - Death, blood, skull, ect are all forbidden ones. It's a unspoken rule. Not only are these bad for your characters image it's pretty cruel.
    -Well he kills a lot and he's evil. No. He's not....well he is in your eyes, but most murders and such do not see themselves as such. They usually believe they are doing a good thing. If that cat knows he's evil - R U N. That's your first hint for anybody.
    -His mother died in birth So you are going to blame the kit for something he had NO control over? Forever placing the guilt on him? That's just wrong! No good leader would allow this.
    iv - Personality - Like I said above, a kit does not have a personality. Although in Eren's world kits only weeks old have a full personality, most roleplays don't have that. Therefore Happy-and every other personality related prefix shouldn't work. The only exception to this, is Strom-, Cloud-, and Mouse-. However these can also mean other things. Storm- may refer to a dark grey kit, Cloud- may refer to a white kit, and Mouse- may refer to a grey one.
    v - Celestial names - Sun-, Moon-, Star-, Aurora- and so on are all celestial names. Since -star is a suffix for a leader, Star- wouldn't be a prefix. Since moon cycles are so important they wouldn't be named Moon- either. And same with Sun- and such. As for Auroras I assume they wouldn't be named after that either as they would probably find them religious.
    vi - The Clan - A kit is born into PoppyClan. PoppyClan is small. They only have four cats. BlackStar is his father. Goldenwhisker is his mother, Mousetail and Greyfur are the other two. Because of the small numbers there are a lot of available prefixes! However there are four that can't be chosen - Mouse-, Grey-, Black-, and Golden-. Why can't you choose these? A clan is like a family. You wouldn't name your kids Arthur, Molly and then Arthur again would you? No. Naming a kit with the prefix of the same as another living cat is just like that.
    vii - Eyecolor - Kits are born with closed eyes. And once they are open, they stay blue for a week or so. So this wouldn't be accurate.

List of possible prefixes for black cats: Ant-, Bat-, Beetle-, Black-, Crow-, Dark-, Fly-, Night-, Rat-, Raven-, Shadow-, Soot-, Spider-, Swift-.

List of possible prefixes for blue cats: Blue-, Juniper-, Lavender-, Pigeon-, Pine-, Rain-, Storm-, Thistle-.

List of possible prefixes for brown cats: Acorn-, Adder-, Ant-, Bat-, Beech-, Beetle-, Boulder-, Bramble-, Brair-, Brown-, Buzzard-, Dark-, Duck-, Dusk-, Eel-, Elm-, Fawn-, Goose-, Gorse-, Grouse-, Hare-, Hazel-, Honey-, Lizzard-, Minnow-, Moth-, Mouse-, Mud-, Oak-, Oat-, Otter-, Owl-, Pebble-, Quail-, Rabbit-, Rat-, Reed-, Robin-, Rock-, Shell-, Shrew-, Snake-, Sparrow-, Stone-, Spider-, Tiger-, Thrush-, Toad-, Trout-, Weasel-, Yew-.

List of possible prefixes for ginger/red cats - Ant-, Apple-, Cherry-, Fire-, Fox-, Ginger-, Heather-, Holly-, Honey-, Hornet-, Lion-, Maple-, Marigold-, Pear-, Plum-, Poppy-, Red-, Rose-, Rowan-, Russet-, Squrriel-, Tiger-, Wasp-.
hachi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 am

Hey, that's nice! If it ever goes finished I'll add it to the front page.

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:22 am

Completely updated! Come take a look!

Re: Warrior Cats Master Information (Updated 4/1/16)

Postby Guest » Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 am

Small bump <3

Postby Rinovo » Wed May 04, 2016 1:19 pm

*BREAKS MARK BUTTON*
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed May 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Hehe c; glad it helps!

Postby Rinovo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 am

Forgot to mention, Alder needs to be added to the prefix c:
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items