The Big Code help...

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

The Big Code help...

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:05 am

Okay, so I'm dumb. I'm REALLY dumb.

On the Somethings, firstly I have two questions.

I need to change my PHP so that it will generate a random code, and it does work, with the exception that in doing so every SINGLE image gets replaced by the error-x-box.

I've done all that stuff that Nick said to, and it doesn't work (still.)

I'm wondering why? I can produce a .zip file if you're willing to help me, otherwise I'll go ask Jem instead.

Also, if I do change to this new random code thing, will that render all pets adopted with the version codes before image-less?
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Big Code help...

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Check out the hints in the first tutorial about getting a meaningful error message from simple.php (comment out the header() line by putting // in front, then go directly to one of the image links with your web browser).

Yes, implementing the random system does break adoptables using the old system. If you want the old ones to keep working, you might want to put your new system into a different folder than the old one (so that you can run the old one and the new one at the same time to support your older pets).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me