CAAA Character Challenge 2018 - Art Trade Center - OPEN

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

CAAA Character Challenge 2018 - Art Trade Center - OPEN

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 am

Last edited by sheepuns on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
artshopdesign shopdAocs - sheepuns @ TH
ava: wyrd - siggy: kessler
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Challenge?

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:52 am

What's "The 2018 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge"?

[click the header to head to the main post]

weegeestar5 wrote:

Please note that in order to participate in this thread you must be a member of the CAAA. No worries though, because sign up is easy, free and us staff of the CAAA will easily welcome you with open arms! What's the CAAA? The CAAA stands for the Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous! CAAA v.26
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art Trade Center?

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:53 am

Hello to one and all to the CAAA Development Challenge 2018 Trade thread. Here, you can strive to reach your goals of completing your challenges by being able to trade art and writing. For some, it can be a difficult feat to try and finish making 150+ different icons for all of your characters by yourself! Here, you can try and trade with one another to help each other finish your challenges!

This center will be open all year, so you are always free to post when you are looking for art.
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:55 am

Here are the forms to fill out to keep everything in order! The forms for art have the keyword "art mart" and the forms for writing has the keyword "write excite". These were added for your convenience to be able to easily sift through and find people offering what you're looking for! Be sure to remove words in parentheses.

For Art: [Keyword - art mart]
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Desired Trade (are you looking for tags,pixels,ect):[/b]
    [b]Offered Trade (what are you offering):[/b]
    [b](OPTIONAL) Character You're Seeking Art/ For:[/b]
    [b]Other:[/b]
    [size=1]art mart [/size]

For Writing: [Keyword - write excite]
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Desired Trade (are you looking for blurbs, paragraphs, personalities, histories,ect):[/b]
    [b]Offered Trade (what are you offering):[/b]
    [b]Preferred Word Count/Length (how much writing are you looking for?)[/b]
    [b](OPTIONAL) Character You're Seeking Writing For:[/b]
    [b]Other:[/b]
    [size=1]write excite [/size]
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and FAQ

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:59 am

Here are some basic rules for the thread:
    1. You may post once every page offering writing or art.

2. You may show writing samples / art examples, but please keep them to >500 words or 1-2 as to prevent clogging up the pages.

3. You are allowed to offer commissions for any currency other than USD. That must be sold off site.

4. More rules may be added if needed.

Some things to keep in mind:
Wesley wrote:
    1. All writing must be new or revised. Click here for more information on this rule.

2. All drawings must be FULLY custom (no lineart color-ins, even if the lineart is your own). You may count pre-existing avatars, tags, and references as completed if they are fully custom, BUT art completed before 2017 will not earn you raffle tickets. All fullbodies/situational or prompt-based art must be brand new. Click here for more information on this rule.

3. Post a warning if your art or story includes nudity, gore, graphic scenes, violence, drug use, or excessive profanity. You're welcome to use these things in your story or art, but be mindful of what you link on CS!

FAQ

May I recycle old art/writing to count towards completing my goal?

Yes and no. If you have joined one of the writing challenges (for example, personalities) and already have a personality written for a character, you may count this personality as complete once you proofread and edit the old writing to fit the maturity of your current writing style.

If you have joined an art challenge where the goal is to get a reference, avatar, or tag for every single character you own, you may consider the characters who already meet this requirement 'complete.'

However, if you wish to order themed art for every character, you should start over. You can never have too many art pieces that fit your characters' personalities well! The same goes for the "short scenario" challenge; you may not include any pre-existing writing. You can never have too many song-based or random scenario stories for your OCs!

If you recycle old art in your challenge, you will NOT receive tickets towards the raffle for this percentage. For example, if you have 27 characters and you already have tags for 7 of your characters, you will not receive the ticket for the 25% you already have completed because you did not do it during 2017. Recycled writing ONLY counts if it has been revised/updated.

Solanum wrote:
    Lyonix ♡ wrote:
    Any additional questions or information:

Question: If I feel that some of the references I have for my characters don't need changed at all, do I have to make one for all of them? Or would I be able to just make one for those who i feel need one or don't have one yet?

You can reuse old references if you like, I think you just have to take that off of the end goal ^^
    So you wouldn't get a ticket at say 25% if they're being reused, but apart from that it's the same.

Do we need to include characters that we are trying to sell in our character count?

No, you do not need to draw or write for characters that you do not intend to keep. If you no longer bond with them, there's no reason to force yourself to write or draw for a character you have no muse for!

What if I don't finish by December 31, 2018?

No worries, you put forth a valiant effort. You may choose to consider getting rid of characters you didn't complete, or you can carry over the challenge to 2019 and continue to draw to draw or write for all of your characters!

May I do more than one quest? (For example, Character Keeper and Snapshot)

Of course you may! Just specify in your form that you'll be doing both. Or all of them.

What if I can't think of anything to draw/write about for one of my OCs?

If you have absolutely no muse and no longer wish to keep them, just sell them off/give them away and update your character count. HOWEVER, if you'd like to keep them and you're struggling to find muse, you can post on this thread to ask for help! If anyone's interested, we could make a Chatzy or a Discord or something to discuss the ongoing challenge! I'm sure there are members that would be more than willing to help you out and give you new ideas. As we already have a CAAA discord, perhaps a new channel specifically for the challenge may be made!

What if I buy new characters throughout the time that I'm doing the challenge?

If you intend to keep those characters, you must add them to your character count and develop them as well.

May I add my own spin to the challenge?

If you want to make the challenge harder for yourself, then you're welcome to revise/add onto the quests. As long as you're completing the base challenges that we've set up for you, you can be part of the event regardless of whatever else you add to your challenge. ^^

Can I join late/in the middle of the challenge?

Of course, but please be advised that you'll be a bit behind everyone else. If you'd like to challenge yourself to catch up, then go for it! Or, you can extend yourself to end one year after the date you started. (For example, everyone who signs up in January 2018 should end in December 2018. But if you sign up in March 2018, you can end in March 2019 if you didn't finish and you'd like to continue the challenge after the official CAAA one is concluded.)

May I add/drop quests to my challenge throughout the course of the year?

Yes, but please make note of this in a post on the thread or PM me to let me know.

Do I have to include co-owned characters or fursonas/ex-fursonas?

This will vary on an individual basis. It is totally up to you whether or not you would like to include fursonas, ex-fursonas, and co-owned characters into the challenge as they can be more difficult to develop. You may wish to make a note in your form that says whether or not you are counting these characters towards your challenge. Characters used in comics/books are included in this, too.

May my art and stories include more than one character in them?

Unless your characters are always seen together, all art pieces should be separate. This is to prevent generic poses like cuddling/fighting/etc.

If you plan to write a story with two (or more) characters and intend to use this story for all of the characters involved, you should multiply the number of characters by 2 to get your new minimum paragraph count. In the short scenario challenge, compositions should be a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs. So if you're writing for 2 characters, your new minimum is 4-6 paragraphs.

However, if you are just writing the story for 1 character's completion, you are welcome to use as many characters as you'd like in the story, sticking with the 2-3 paragraph minimum. You just can't count all of the included characters' stories as complete; only one!

Does the "no lineart colour ins, even if the lineart is your own" count for references as well?

No, reference linearts don't have to be custom, but they DO have to have extra information on them if/when you're using linearts. The reference should have some sort of unique, custom info (color palette, personality tidbits, multiple views, etc) but doesn't need to have all of those to count ^^

Will there be a raffle this year?

Maybe! I'm not too sure - I didn't host this last year and didn't really think of hosting it this year until very recently; so I don't have anything like prizes to give away! If I accumulate some prizes, then perhaps, but perhaps not! Even if there is no raffle, this should still give you a solid base for OC development!

Why isn't Wes hosting this?

I know that Wes is going through some not so great things at the moment, and since Wes allowed the mods to take over ownership for the newest thread [for now, at least!] and asked me to carry out most of the CAAA secret santa, I will assume that she perhaps needs a break from this, which is why I'm hosting it!

Any more questions? PM me and let me know! I will add them up here!
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am

Just in case! It is now free to post!
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CAAA Character Challenge 2018 - Art Trade Center - OPEN

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Mark

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:56 am

Username: Ki-neko animura
Desired Trade (are you looking for tags,pixels,ect): anything and everything. Though would love tags
Offered Trade (what are you offering): https://sta.sh/2281t45xao6b?edit=1
(OPTIONAL) Character You're Seeking Art/ For: anyone here - https://sta.sh/2puxx5smgjf?edit=1
Other: I try to match what my partner gives. But I would really like someone close to my level
art mart
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emu-tionallyunstable » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:43 am

Username:[/b] Vannillamelon
Desired Trade (are you looking for tags,pixels,ect): Tags
Offered Trade (what are you offering): Pixels (icons, avatars, tags, whatever!) Examples: Here, although I can do any type of art but I’ve been in a pixel mood lately
Other: PM me please! Of course I’d be willing to do multiple pixels to add up to a tag :)
art mart
trades are always open!
emu-tionallyunstable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: caaa character challenge 2018 - art trade center -open

Postby steamplonk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:12 am

username: steamplonk
    desired trade (are you looking for tags,pixels,ect): tags, 50x50 pixels, 100x100 pixels
    offered trade (what are you offering): chibis, pixels [examples]
    characters you're seeking art for: here
    other: i can also do bigger pieces for usd/c$/points! feel free to hmu anytime
    art mart
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me