☆ DCAY V. 1 || NEW RULES ☆

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: ☆ DCAY V. 1 || DISCORD OPEN ☆

Postby Hubble » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:30 pm

I'm taking a Claim!
    username; Hubble
    finished piece;

Click for larger size + Smaller watermark

⸺⸺⸺

refs:
    special requests:
      - Try to check out the character profiles; they contain notes that may help in drawing the characters.
      - If you're doing traditional art, please try to scan it or be as neat as possible with photographing it.
      - Feel free to simplify designs if you need to in order to fit your style.
    type of art : Any.
    don't want: Uncolored or rushed art (Sketchy styles are fine!).
Last edited by Hubble on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:17 pm

By participating in DCAY, I, alpha, acknowledge that I have read the rules and will have my artwork completed within the two week period. I understand that by failing to do so, my right to participate is revoked and can only be given back by consulting with the thread mods.

I'm taking a Claim!
    username; alpha,
    finished piece; my toyhouse is thatchase if you’d like somewhere to credit ^^

refs: // I’ll put these kids in order of preference c: - do whoever you want though ^^

- all items are required but if you have trouble drawing them don’t worry about it <3

taiko - Caucasian mountain dog warrior [feral]
    ryko - beauceron x collie [feral]
    chase - gsd x wolf [anthro/feral]
    danger - angry beauceron fella [anthro/feral]
    fallen - hyena/wolf thingy [feral]

special requests: have fun with them! // please try be accurate with markings - I understand taiko would be difficult so just roughly similar but danger’s for example are pretty easy so just be careful c: - there’s probably a sneaky scar or accessory so just watch out aha c:
    - feel free to pm me if you want any inspiration/insight for any of the kids, I’m always happy to talk <3

type of art : whatever you’re feeling - feel free to experiment with new styles and that if you’d like <33
    don't want: traditional sorry <3
Last edited by chase. on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizord » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:59 pm

I'm taking a Claim!
    username; MakeMeSmile
    finished piece;
    My TH is here, please credit me if you upload it there c:

refs: One of these two new babies, Ren or Juno

special requests (not required): I'd prefer if you could draw them with their items but they are not required.
    type of art : anything, really. Just have fun!
    don't want: uncoloured art. Traditional is fine as long as it is scanned or photographed well and not on lined paper c:
Last edited by Lizord on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
THFRELDV
PM me about art trades ♥ Valentines YCH
MemeEmperor9000 is my brother ovo
Lizord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:18 am

I'm taking a Claim!
username; ThunderCry04
finished piece;

refs:
If a character is drawn with accessories they must be included unless told otherwise!

Feral -
Witchcraft Preferred
Amaya Preferred
Poison + Ivy Preferred
Nébuleuse Preferred
Frost
Thorn
Leon

Human -
Myst Preferred
Kana

Anthro OR Feral
Merle

Anthro -
Adrian

special requests (not required): Please follow their information below! It's important. I'd also love to know who you want to draw!
Witchcraft - Witchcraft is a feral cat. She is a witch, and a pretty mean one at that. She likes to play tricks on others. Her hat, cloak, and bandages are all necessary for her design. Her wand and broom are both optional.
Amaya - Please just follow her reference! Her star charm must be included.
Myst - A positive little witch! She uses magic and spells to do all of her daily activities. She must always be drawn with at least one wand (or her quill) and her fire-breathing cat, Henry! She can also be drawn with her girlfriend, Kana (below).
Kana - Kana is a sword fighter. She primarily uses that but also has a bow as a secondary weapon for long range fighting. She has a pet dragon that is large enough to fit on her head and shoulders. Its name is Kaan. Kaan is a dragon/cat. He can breathe fire and heal Kana and other allies. She can be drawn with her girlfriend, Myst (above).
Adrian - Adrian is an anthro cat. He is always wearing his poncho, even when inside of a building. He is extremely scared of water - rain puddles, pools, open glasses of water, so feel free to draw him showing that as well. He is a young child.
Poison + Ivy - Poison is a Eurasian timber wolf who is super rebellious and likes stealing things, and Ivy is his best friend, partner in crime, and parental figure. Ivy is a European adder but she is pretty nice compared to her furry friend.
Nébuleuse - Grumpy cat, absolutely grumpy. Like, he will steal your toes only to throw them away grumpy. I'm not kidding, he hates you.
Frost - As long as his markings remain the same and he continues to be a cat with a fluffy tail, draw him however you want. Want to draw him jamming out to rock music or sitting in a corner crying? Just do it. Want to draw him raging over a video game? Heck yes! Want to draw him in human socks? Go for it.
Merle - Just follow her reference and you should be good!
Thorn - A plant loving kitty! He is shy but whenever he gets into a friendship or conversation with somebody else he is very intelligent and friendly!
Leon - A long, round-eared, multiple legged cat! He is super hyper and crazy but loves to write and read!
type of art : Draw whatever you want! Traditional art or digital, pixel or sketch, I don't mind! The only requests I have is you have the colors as close as possible, sketches are fairly clean, and it follows the information I have provided!
don't want: Anything uncolored or too sketchy!
Last edited by Trickz on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:40 am

I'm taking a Claim!

username; leverage
      finished piece;

refs:
      Khrysoar || shark dog || items required
      Aurel || anatolian shepherd || items required
      Sa'ida || canine || items required
      Lance || english sheepdog || items required
      Maddox || canine || items required
      Riff || canine || ref is missing pupils, please include them!
      Unnamed || canine || eyes are the same color ar the purple on her legs, lantern appreciated but not required

I'd love to know who you choose, but no stress if you haven't decided yet!

special requests (not required): none!
      type of art : any! I love traditional art so don't let that stop you!
      don't want: drawing them as a different species or as an anthro
Last edited by leverage on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:41 am

I'm taking a Claim!
    username; alpha,
    finished piece; my toyhouse is thatchase if you’d like somewhere to credit ^^ - I’ll most likely do Aurel, riff or Maddox <3

refs: // I’ll put these kids in order of preference c: - do whoever you want though ^^

- all items are required but if you have trouble drawing them don’t worry about it <3

taiko - Caucasian mountain dog warrior [feral]
    ryko - beauceron x collie [feral]
    chase - gsd x wolf [anthro/feral]
    danger - angry beauceron fella [anthro/feral]
    fallen - hyena/wolf thingy [feral]

special requests: have fun with them! // please try be accurate with markings - I understand taiko would be difficult so just roughly similar but danger’s for example are pretty easy so just be careful c: - there’s probably a sneaky scar or accessory so just watch out aha c:
    - feel free to pm me if you want any inspiration/insight for any of the kids, I’m always happy to talk <3

type of art : whatever you’re feeling - feel free to experiment with new styles and that if you’d like <33
    don't want: traditional sorry <3
Last edited by chase. on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phosphorus » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 am

I'm taking a Claim!
username; Phosphorus
finished piece;

refs: Anyone Here +ELDOR
special requests (not required): please read their descriptions below the drawings, some have very important info, thank you!
type of art : Up for anything!
don't want: uncolored
Phosphorus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ PSA: Traditional Art

Postby sheena » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:14 am

So I know one of the biggest beefs that people can have with this thread is the lack of desire for traditional art. I am going to make a small, informative guide that may change this -- or may open up this thread to more acceptance of traditional art.

Additionally, this will be a note on what not to do when submitting traditional art to the thread, and some friendly alternatives for how to make traditional artists become more accepted on DCAY.

Firstly, how to post your traditional art in a way that complies to the rules. I will be using art examples from myself. Most of these aren't coloured, and I do apologise as I don't work traditionally often. All traditional art uploaded to DCAY must be clearly coloured.

Here is an example of a best-case scenario image to submit to DCAY traditionally.

The colouring is mostly clean, the image is centered and focused, the lighting doesn't affect the integrity of the image, and you can tell that the character looks exactly as they should.

Here are a couple examples on what not to do and why:

Example A: The image is not centered, you can see too much of the environment around the sketchbook. The drawing itself is sketchy and unclean and there is other, unfinished art on the same page.

Example B: The image is blurry and unfocused, you can only see half of the drawing, and it is lineart only.

Traditional art submitted to DCAY needs to be clean, coloured, and recognizable. If you are uncertain, a moderator is ALWAYS happy to clear up any confusion.

Additionally, since I am sure many of you are taking pictures with a smartphone or another sort of smart device, I would like to introduce a wonderful application.

Camscanner is an app that is available on Google Play and I'm fairly certain on Apple devices as well. What it can do is "scan" your images without you actually having to invest in a scanner. If you don't mind a few ads, it's completely free, and very effective.

In order to "scan" your art, you can take a picture, use one of the settings (I suggest magic colour) and save to your gallery by long-tapping on your file. (The menu will look like this).

If that doesn't sell you, I did take a few pictures with and without using camscanner in the same lighting to show the difference.

Without | With

Without | With

Camscanner also allows you to crop and flip photos to your heart's desire, and is honestly an extremely handy application in general, not just for traditional art.

I do hope this clears up expectations on what moderators and users can expect from traditional art on this thread. If you have any questions or anything to add, please do not hesitate to private message me, and I will be happy to help. This post will also be linked on the front page for easy access!

Please continue with the claim above me.
sheena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizord » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:55 am

I'm taking a Claim!
    username; MakeMeSmile
    finished piece;
    ImageImage
    My TH is here, please credit me if you upload it there c:

refs: One of these two new babies, Ren or Juno

special requests (not required): I'd prefer if you could draw them with their items but they are not required. So feel free to leave them out ovo
    type of art : anything, really. Just have fun!
    don't want: uncoloured art. Traditional is fine as long as it is scanned or photographed well and not on lined paper c:
Last edited by Lizord on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
THFRELDV
PM me about art trades ♥ Valentines YCH
MemeEmperor9000 is my brother ovo
Lizord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:57 am

I'm taking a Claim!

username; leverage
      finished piece;

refs:
      Khrysoar || shark dog || items required
      Aurel || anatolian shepherd || items required
      Sa'ida || canine || items required
      Lance || english sheepdog || items required
      Maddox || canine || items required
      Riff || canine || ref is missing pupils, please include them!
      Unnamed || canine || eyes are the same color ar the purple on her legs, lantern appreciated but not required

I'd love to know who you choose, but no stress if you haven't decided yet!

special requests (not required): none!
      type of art : any! I love traditional art so don't let that stop you!
      don't want: drawing them as a different species or as an anthro
Last edited by leverage on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me