Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Postby naruto's smile » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 am

Lexi. wrote:
Fat Unicorn wrote:
Lexi. wrote:My old account that got deactivated had over 100 PPS budgie owls (C/UC)

Do you think that would change the rarity?

If they were moved to the Pound or another player, no. If they were deleted, yeah, it would probably have a small effect (as rarity is the amount of pets per user). ^_^

They're still on the account but the account is inactive

since the pets still exist, no, it would not effect the rarity as they are still in game and considered to be in circulation.
honestly, even if they were deleted, it still likely would not change the rarity. i believe nick has mentioned in the past that, while a lot of users try to purposely hoard pets then delete them to change the rarity, the amount of pets you would have to get to significantly change the rarity is.. a lot.
she/her queer adult
open to chat anytime

naruto's smile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:00 am

Silverstar wrote:
Galaxy Figs wrote:What rarity do you guys think the easter pets will be, specifically the token ones?

The token pets usually turn out to be uncommon or rare, but there's also very rare from the space event :)
The free ones will most likely turn out to be very common, common or uncommon.

I figured haha just was wondering what rarity you guys thought some of the pets would be, specifically what token pets would be uncommon vs rare c:

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am

... Has a token pet ever become uncommon? I haven't been paying close attention but I feel like I've never seen an uncommon token pet...
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 am

nickjr wrote:... Has a token pet ever become uncommon? I haven't been paying close attention but I feel like I've never seen an uncommon token pet...

Yep, they have. There are two uncommon token foxes from last year's Easter event, and two uncommon token deer from the year before. I THINK there were initially some other uncommons, but the rest are rare now. Other events have had uncommon token pets as well. It's not an uncommon occurrence (pun intended :-P ) The more popular pets tend to be uncommons, as people are more likely to get those ones, and they may even get multiples.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wifi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:57 am

nickjr wrote:... Has a token pet ever become uncommon? I haven't been paying close attention but I feel like I've never seen an uncommon token pet...

the sunback bunny from 2012 has always been uncommon!
looks like there a few others from 2012 that are uncommon - the peaps bunny, the UR tigerdog bunny, and the vixen + snowflake advent bunnies
there are also a bunch of token bunnies from 2013 with an uncommon rarity but aside from those two years, i think the only easter token pets that are uncommon are the ones you got from randomized boxes,, wonder if that means anything interesting 🤔🤔
~~~~
~
┌────────┐

└────────┘
wifi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Oh pfft now I actually remember the sunback and vixen bunnies from 2012 being uncommon. xD; Thanks for the answers
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:24 am

naruto's smile wrote:
Lexi. wrote:My old account that got deactivated had over 100 PPS budgie owls (C/UC)

Do you think that would change the rarity?

since the pets still exist, no, it would not effect the rarity as they are still in game and considered to be in circulation.
honestly, even if they were deleted, it still likely would not change the rarity. i believe nick has mentioned in the past that, while a lot of users try to purposely hoard pets then delete them to change the rarity, the amount of pets you would have to get to significantly change the rarity is.. a lot.

but... isn't it the inactive account's pets don't count? and that's why like, ur pets rarities go up sometimes??
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:23 am

^ Yes inactive account pets do not count in relation to rarity. But around the 18th when people login to get rereleases, those inactive accounts logging in affects rarity by becoming active.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freckle » Mon May 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Does anyone know, if hoarding changes the rarity? ^^
Freckle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Mon May 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Freckle wrote:Does anyone know, if hoarding changes the rarity? ^^

No. ^^ Rarity is determined by the amount of a pet for each person on CS. What would affect rarity is that pet being deleted (and since there'd be less of that pet per person, the pet would become rarer) or people adopting lots of that pet (and since there'd be more of that pet per person, the pet would become more common).
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me