The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Postby Minimanta » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:03 pm

I honestly can't remember when we got the rarity tags either XD I think it was late 09 though or maybe early 10.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Minimanta wrote:I honestly can't remember when we got the rarity tags either XD I think it was late 09 though or maybe early 10.

Then that would do it. xD Everything would have been VR by the time it was late '09. But they originally started out with those rarity assumptions.
-Komi
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kohaku » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:37 pm

komi you are the best omg a rarities guide <3 This was so needed.
visit my hamsters for hamsters shop here!
Kohaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takora Drakan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Thank you so much for that guide, I will make sure to link it in the future to people that do not yet quite understand the values of pets here. :3

Maybe you can add a little note about Event pets, in the sense of "common" rares. As example the Easter 2011 Dogs are not worth as much as a PPS owl egg for example. Since they are "buyed" or "trade in" rares there is a "unlimited" amount of them available for short time. While with the egg, there is a limited amount of owls available and you can not get more.

I hope I did not write gibberish now. 3:
Pet Spotlight:
Pet's name: Xylona
Trades - Looking for all kinds of Dragons!
Takora Drakan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Amazing guide.I have been looking forward to one since for a while now♥
Very easy to understand for newbies and old members alike,and this should stop,or at least decrease the number of bad trades caused by that stupid 2 rares=1 very rare rule♥
Should be stickied♥
-Ivee

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Thank you so much for this guide, CS really needed something like this!
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Takora Drakan wrote:Maybe you can add a little note about Event pets, in the sense of "common" rares. As example the Easter 2011 Dogs are not worth as much as a PPS owl egg for example. Since they are "buyed" or "trade in" rares there is a "unlimited" amount of them available for short time. While with the egg, there is a limited amount of owls available and you can not get more.

Totally understand what you meant, and I'm surprised I didn't mention this, thank you for reminding/telling me! It's very similar with the store pets as well. Anyways, I'll put it in my next update. c:

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:29 am

Oke, so i took the time and read it all while being 100% awake xD and this is what i'm missing so far:

Dreampets, Firestar has a guide: Click
And maybe a link (Click) to the custom archive so people can go see what customs look like?
Hoards, What do they add to demand/supply. (Like with Tif's BA hoard, how do this influance the overall supply of the BA. Do i make sense here? xD)
Special event pets, Maybe you need to add something to it. Because now you say they are 'worth more'. But that's only during the event. Eventually, they will gain rarity again (Like the Blood PPS, that was a halloween dog, right?). But compared to, say, the easter dogs...Those are not worth much, so this: "They may only be adoptable for a few days, or even one. This alone makes them worth more." does not apply to them. There is a difference in event pets xD. During the faire event, the burnt dog went for 08 rares and such, while now..you can get it for an 2011 early uncommon.
The Re-Release of December 18th, Maybe you should add that if they have a pet from 2009/10/11-18-12 they need to be more careful with trading it, since allot of people who do know their rarities will try to get this pet for less then it's actually worth?
Store Pets, From what i've seen, the newest store pets always go for mid/late 09 rare dogs. No matter what the species of the store pets are. Once they become unavailable in the shop, they will rise slowly, to say early 09, late 08. (Like with the Arabian horses?)

And i was thinking, maybe make a list of (Clickable) usernames, with a message like "If you don't understand what was said, feel free to pm these people and they'll try to explain it to you personally". (Just an idea though xD)

The rest looks fine to me :), i made my (Newbieee) friend read it and she also agrees, it looks great :)

If you need help with breaking down the rares list, feel free to pm me xD Not that i am sure what you mean with 'breaking down' but i might be able to help xD

..Halooween,...ftw! xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:14 am

Sweet, I like the suggestions. I am hesitant about adding hoards though; hoarding already gets people a bad reputation, and even though I think it does have an effect on rarities, I'm not sure if including it would be worth any negativity people might get from it. Opinions?

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrightPink » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:16 am

Hekomi & Jeweled wrote:Sweet, I like the suggestions. I am hesitant about adding hoards though; hoarding already gets people a bad reputation, and even though I think it does have an effect on rarities, I'm not sure if including it would be worth any negativity people might get from it. Opinions?

Agreed, hoarders will be blamed for the super demand or lack of pets. Like we already weren't discriminated...
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me