CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Please post valuable item trade links!

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:16 am

Toxi+Bbun wrote:
Finalized wrote:
So I spent months searching for a single "borked fairy headband" (from what a well known item collector on CS calls it) and was able to grab two! The first being gifted, second I traded for. I sent in a help ticket regarding the headband and from what I've been told, it's sort of like a semi custom/discontinued store item. I don't know the correct name or what it should be recognized for, but all I know is that It's hell to find and isn't on the archive, unlike the short headband.
Image < long one
Image < currently in store, short one.

As you can see, it's longer than the in-store one. The items aren't on one code and count as separate items. If you take an adult dog to dressup, it will change from the short being long, to the long staying long. The PPS dog when dressing up turns the long headband into a short one and the short one stays the same. It's really confusing, but I'm sure a few item collectors and oldies can clear up the confusion here. To add on, the long one is found in the hair accessories & hats/headgear section, while the short one is only found in the hats/headgear section.

Trade Completed 2018-01-01

Everyone I come across with it is a super inactive old user, or just someone who doesn't trade all that often. Would this item possibly be added onto the semi custom list, alongside the chicken o' flag and others? I noticed there really isn't any recognition on this item, and there aren't any trades from what I can see regarding them. I don't know the value whatsoever, but they are very scarce.

That's so cryptic... yeah I'd guess it'd be on semi-custom items since it was replaced by the new one? And if its not on there it'd be with the black cat costume for ponies...

That's strange.

I felt like I remembered that items didn't always automatically convert depending on the lineart; I vaguely remembered that there were a few versions of each item in the store (one for flop-eared dogs, one for pointy-eared dogs, etc) and a few versions of some free items (the Thanksgiving 2009 Pilgrim Hat comes to mind). So I went hunting and found this and yep my memory isn't failing me yet! Phew

The spring set was released when the store first opened in August 2009 (bottom of that page). Did they not get included in that update in December 2009?

Also LOL "borked fairy headband"
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:45 am

this is how it look in my the Item collection (page 358) :)
Old Headband and the new/current Headband which you can buy in the store
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:57 am

Finalized wrote:
So I spent months searching for a single "borked fairy headband" (from what a well known item collector on CS calls it) and was able to grab two! The first being gifted, second I traded for. I sent in a help ticket regarding the headband and from what I've been told, it's sort of like a semi custom/discontinued store item. I don't know the correct name or what it should be recognized for, but all I know is that It's hell to find and isn't on the archive, unlike the short headband.
Image < long one

As you can see, it's longer than the in-store one. The items aren't on one code and count as separate items. If you take an adult dog to dressup, it will change from the short being long, to the long staying long. The PPS dog when dressing up turns the long headband into a short one and the short one stays the same. It's really confusing, but I'm sure a few item collectors and oldies can clear up the confusion here. To add on, the long one is found in the hair accessories & hats/headgear section, while the short one is only found in the hats/headgear section.

Everyone I come across with it is a super inactive old user, or just someone who doesn't trade all that often. Would this item possibly be added onto the semi custom list, alongside the chicken o' flag and others? I noticed there really isn't any recognition on this item, and there aren't any trades from what I can see regarding them. I don't know the value whatsoever, but they are very scarce.

knowing this is a semi custom item why did you offer so little for it? This is what I offered and paid for mine.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... tYGr5oy3Kg
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finalized » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:01 am

LLHBBB wrote:
Finalized wrote:
Image < long one

knowing this is a semi custom item why did you offer so little for it? This is what I offered and paid for mine.

I was able to get it from a user who was an item collector, just threw in a suggestion and it went from there. Good to see other completed trades regarding the Headband, though.

major edit: UR bee and others offered for my headband. My first actual offer, wow. This is nuts?
Finalized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Christy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:51 am

Finalized wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:
Finalized wrote:
Image < long one

I was able to get it from a user who was an item collector, just threw in a suggestion and it went from there. Good to see other completed trades regarding the Headband, though.

major edit: UR bee and others offered for my headband. My first actual offer, wow. This is nuts?

I didn't realize the store one changed I have one and got offered this and thought it was good xD
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... xJuCWgdPwg
Christy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:06 am

Christy wrote:
Finalized wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:
Image < long one

I didn't realize the store one changed I have one and got offered this and thought it was good xD
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... xJuCWgdPwg

And that's the problem. Older player like you who don't always read these forums think your getting a good offer and you can just go to the store and buy another not knowing it's an item that is semi custom and very special and I'm sure who ever made the offer also read this and knew what they were doing - glad you saw this before trading it away.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Christy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 am

LLHBBB wrote:And that's the problem. Older player like you who don't always read these forums think your getting a good offer and you can just go to the store and buy another not knowing it's an item that is semi custom and very special and I'm sure who ever made the offer also read this and knew what they were doing - glad you saw this before trading it away.

Ya this was my exact thought "I know its a store item isn't it unfair for them let me look around"
Christy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 am

Just so you guys know the Lolita wigs should be the same as the original fairy headband.
Originally there were two wigs of each color available. One each ear type for blonde and white hair. I have two different Lolita wigs shown in my inventory for one color. But apparently I traded my non changing one for the other color without knowing.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:33 am

'Possum wrote:Just so you guys know the Lolita wigs should be the same as the original fairy headband.
Originally there were two wigs of each color available. One each ear type for blonde and white hair. I have two different Lolita wigs shown in my inventory for one color. But apparently I traded my non changing one for the other color without knowing.

Nick Jr included a link about this that Tess wrote on the previous page. Hopefully this will help educate people on these items.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxi+Bbun » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 am

'Possum wrote:Just so you guys know the Lolita wigs should be the same as the original fairy headband.

Which one is the non-changing lolita wig??
Toxi's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝June 16, 2019
Big oof ya know.
Much love. ❤❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Fursona and Characters
Image Image
Bbun's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝Bit inactive but still always checking!❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞