Why do you visit Chicken Smoothie?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Why are you here?

Pet adopting and trading
38%
Pet dressups
8%
Seasonal events (Christmas, summer, etc.)
30%
Forums (main or roleplay)
7%
Oekaki/user-made species/art
6%
The CS Community
8%
Other
4%

Total votes : 170

Why do you visit Chicken Smoothie?

Postby Serious. » Mon May 06, 2024 4:37 pm

(Looked through the past ~6 months of topics on this subforum and couldn't find one like this. Mods feel free to lock if there's a similar topic that I missed!)

I've been wondering about this for quite a bit.

Why do you all play Chicken Smoothie? Is there a main feature of this site that draws people here? What brings old users back and convinces new users to join?

Personally I stick around for the forums. I love reading up on discussions as well as posting about mundane things on the general forums. The beautiful pet releases every month are an added bonus (and the whole reason why I joined in the first place), but they're not the main reason why I've stayed on CS for this long.

Feel free to discuss anything relating to your own reasons for being here or your thoughts on the most popular features in general.
Serious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Why do you visit Chicken Smoothie?

Postby answrs » Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 pm

been here since basically the beginning, it's been a comfort growing up with the site, one that I can always come back to even as life falls apart around us.

also like. pretty pixel doggos fun lol

(in serious, I'm mostly here for the hoards at this point, plus the icarus-esque trial of trying to reobtain that dang skelebun I traded away years ago (😭))
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paevent » Mon May 06, 2024 4:47 pm

I came for the pets and every once in a while have phases where I’ll play forum games and attempt to trade people, otherwise I just pop in to adopt the new pets! Holidays in games have always been my favorite as a kid so seeing all the holiday stuff especially around Christmas time gets me very nostalgic and just happy it’s a vibe.
Something that makes me more nostalgic is club penguin and animal jam but alas that’s too much work for me getting on to those games nowaways. CS is easier for me to just randomly play for a second

Believe it or not I found CS through YouTube, I believe I was watching animal jam stuff and that YouTuber happened to play CS as well. So I made an account, the pound happened to be open and I found a common horse and my collection grew from there
adult || any pronouns idc || mobile user
paevent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theonlyglitch » Mon May 06, 2024 4:52 pm

I joined because I saw something on YouTube about it and I wanted to check it out. I am a major collector and I love to hyperfixate on different things and finding this made me immediately happy. I have multiple other games where I collect things but this one is my favorite. I love the pet designs and the excitement about finding outcomes every month. Overall, I love the community. Everybody here has been so kind, even when I make mistakes. It's truly amazing and I'm happy I found out about this.
Help me grow my dragons! One click on each one helps!
theonlyglitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue May 07, 2024 2:18 am

Pet collection + habit for me

CS has just become part of my daily routine at this point. Get on around rollover, check for any missed outcomes, trade for them. See if the pound is open if I'm online for work or whatever.

I also have a neurodivergence-related urge to collect stuff. CS allows me to collect as much as whatever I want without having to worry about physical space.

I'll keep it up for however long the site is around.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue May 07, 2024 3:58 am

Xiao_Jian wrote:
I also have a neurodivergence-related urge to collect stuff.

I guess I never thought about it, but it might be the same with me. I've always collected something. Growing up I had a sticker and "shaped" eraser collection. I still have all my stickers and my friend recently got me a sleeved binder to put them in. Some of these stickers are old and pretty much a time capsule for art styles used in kid things. I really want to start on it again, but I just have other priorities. I still hold on to stickers and pick up interesting ones I find.

CS allows me to collect as much as whatever I want without having to worry about physical space.

This is the reason I got into adoptable sites. I've been on a handful and coupled with my inability to remember or pay attention, CS is the perfect one. I dropped dagoncave because things can die there and you can't trade adults. I have quit FR before because you can't really collect dragons, just stuff, which I do. It's just that FR is about the dragons so there's not really much you can do collection wise on the site. There's not even a checklist of sorts for the site, you have to use external ones. Using the game database is very tedious and there's no indicator if you own something outside of it.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby off the hook » Tue May 07, 2024 4:00 am

i've had this account since 2014 and i used to be into pet collecting a lot. i fell off in around 2019-ish, and haven't really gotten back into it. but i've always enjoyed the forum aspect of the site and stay for that. the forum games are fun, i poke my head a lot in the adult discussion boards, and the nature of the site allows for interactions to feel a lot nicer than some other forums i've been on. it also doesn't have to focus on pets, while other forum sites generally focus on their main shtick. all in all, i just enjoy the community and always find myself coming back to it.
    β€”
    β€”
    β€”

"don't get cooked..."
    くコ:彑—————————

hey hey, call me ksusha!
    i'm a computer animator
    and professional when it
    comes to procrastinating

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”οΌ£:γ€‚γƒŸ
    "...stay off the hook!"
off the hook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupercalia » Tue May 07, 2024 4:37 am

It's kid friendly, so I can get away with it during my downtime at work. (I'm a librarian assistant.)

Also, visiting this site periodically since I was just a kid as young as nine has given this site a unique appeal to me.

Sometimes I like to be reminded of how far I've come. I find all my old typos and my old childish behavior amusing, especially some of the names I gave to my original pets, good god lol.

" Do not kill the part of you that is cringe, kill the part of you that cringes." - Gautama Buddha
    you can call me Lu. After all these years, my "interests" tab still applies.
    [adult β˜† librarian by day, unknowable by night ] [Β©]
Lupercalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 am

I'm here because I'm always curious about new pets especially at events! I love collecting pets and I love Forum Games!
And I've recently become curious about the species created by the communities!
Chicken Smoothie is the first forum I've participated in and which, I don't know for what specific reason, has fascinated me so much
β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„ β”„
ImageFURINA DE FONTAINEImage
Image |Infp|β™‹οΈŽ|he/him|Writer| ImageImageImageImage
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wingsofwasp- » Tue May 07, 2024 1:52 pm

sorting my pets is soothing. I enjoy organizing them into groups that bring me joy and naming them with little puns and inside jokes. looking back through my collections lights up a thousand memories I'd forgotten and reminds me to smile.
I also like that it's kid-friendly (as mentioned above). I feel safer here than on other sites.

plus, it makes me feel like I'm working towards a goal- maybe one day I'll be able to redeem all the time I spent trading for artwork to make me even happier!

always open to trades and pms :D

psst, why did the skeleton cross the road?
to get to the 'other side!'
art shop β€’ cs trades β€’ fr trades β€’ toyhou.se
-wingsofwasp-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me