What are your CS hot takes?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby ACat » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:13 am

Disclaimer: Please do not use this space to be hateful to other players/staff/artists/etc. Be respectful of the opinions of others in this thread.

We all have our own opinions and are entitled to them, that's just common sense, but I want to know what are some of your personal hot takes about Chicken Smoothie? It can be about trading, pets, events, C$, whatever! Positive or negative, I want to hear your thoughts! Everyone deserves to think freely after all :3

I'll start with my own: I think 'species demand' shouldn't factor if the pet is on a player's wish list. Clearly they want it so it's 'in demand' for them personally and shouldn't be valued less just because some people don't like a specific species (coughratscough). It's one of those things that just feels ingrained into the community as a general rule when I don't think it really should be.

What do you think?

Check out my other discussion threads too!:
Pets with confusing worth
Should all rarities be valued equally?
Last edited by ACat on Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What are your CS hot takes?

Postby Dipperpup » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:15 am

That pets take too long to grow up/show rarity.. or maybe I’m impatient
Dipperpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LionKingdom » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:17 am

That most old pets aren't that good and people only like them because of their worth

For me, in design wise, old pets are meh. (not trying to be rude! just my personal opinion)

★Hello!★

You can call me Rei ^^ He/Him or They/Them
⋆ I'm a lion collector :>
⋆ My lion collection is currently finished!
I like:
⋆ Jujutsu Kaisen (I'm the biggest Gojo simp ever), FMAB (my favourite anime!), Demon slayer, Minecraft, Kuromi, True crime videos, Grian, ShadowMech, Forge Labs.

★°¤*#Technobladeneverdies*¤°★
LionKingdom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:36 am

We shouldn't have monthly rares. (Instead, maybe we should have EUCs) we get enough newer rares on easter/summer/Halloween events; and having a monthly rare scare is starting to effect same-litter swapping. Its becoming an issue where I struggled to swap for common litter swaps-
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:45 am

bark wrote:We shouldn't have monthly rares. (Instead, maybe we should have EUCs) we get enough newer rares on easter/summer/Halloween events; and having a monthly rare scare is starting to effect same-litter swapping. Its becoming an issue where I struggled to swap for common litter swaps-

tbf we have no idea if they even made the pps cat otter or rainbow butterfly wolf a rare yet. All this could just be massive overhype for nothing

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sui » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:55 am

Maybe this is more of a pet site thing in general (more just an observation and, if I'll be honest, a vent - not really a CS "hot take'), but I feel as though most people are a bit too obsessed with cuteness now. Everything must be overly cute or else it's bad, 'ugly', undesired, etc. If everything was just constant cuteness then it would just be boring, I feel. You need that variety (weird, cool, plain, 'scary', etc.) for the cute pets to stand out and feel cute. This also goes for "pretty" pets, or those that are both.

Some common complaints I've read about 'undesired' species can also be applied to the more liked ones. I've seen quite a few state that horses are 'bad' because they face sideways and are in an uninteresting pose. Otters do the exact same thing (in my opinion), but it's seemingly overlooked because they're fluffy and have big, cutesy eyes.

Not a hot take, just another vent. Monthly rares are a terrible idea and I was never in support of them. The whole point, as far as I can recall, was to "give newbies rarer pets to trade with", but the grand majority are going to miss them due to bad RNG. How are newbies supposed to trade for the rare outcome(s) they missed? It's irritating enough for the older users. If anything, I feel like this would just help drive them away.
And if they do somehow get lucky enough, then some people are most likely going to take advantage of their newness and attempt to scam them out of it. It's probably already happening now.

  | Avatar | Signature | Usernames |

- Adult (and very boring).
- Also known online as Gira / Giratina.
- Good at seeming more serious than intended.
- May accidentally sound rude, sorry.

ImageImage
Sui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:15 am

BlingBling wrote:
bark wrote:We shouldn't have monthly rares. (Instead, maybe we should have EUCs) we get enough newer rares on easter/summer/Halloween events; and having a monthly rare scare is starting to effect same-litter swapping. Its becoming an issue where I struggled to swap for common litter swaps-

tbf we have no idea if they even made the pps cat otter or rainbow butterfly wolf a rare yet. All this could just be massive overhype for nothing

True true, overhype is definitely part of it as well ^
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChainsawConsultant » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:20 am

People who accuse others of being scammers for not knowing pet worth. As a person who is STILL struggling to get back into the CS economy, it's one of the harder petsites to get a general worth for pets of any age if you do not frequent like 7 different threads. Newer folks who don't have over a decade of lore as to why we use certain lists, or what NONs and MAs are are at a severe disadvantage. They see a pet they like and want to trade for it, if they're under simply tell them nicely instead of claiming they're trying to scam you. We all started somewhere
Rufus | He/They/Pup | Nonbinary Intersex | Queer

[Image
ChainsawConsultant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:26 am

tbh my hot take is that i LOVE the recent monthly "rares" (rares in quotes because none of the pets so far have even been rare iirc?) its fun to have goal pets every month to trade for. and its exciting to think i might get something rare now every time i adopt pets.

im not a super strict completionist so if i dont get a rare outcome and think people are asking too much for it, i just dont trade for it or wait until i can get it for what i want to pay. but i understand why it makes so many people frustrated. my super hot take though honestly though if it were up to me i would want even rarer pets up for adoption throughout the year... the 2012 august PPS lion was one of the most exciting times on CS ever for me, even though i never actually owned one myself until last year. would love to see new pets of 'list' value that aren't UR pets.

i also think people who post on the forums 24/7 about a pet being overhyped are contributing to the cause they are complaining about way more then anything else. if one person overpays just ignore them. Making 50 posts about how someone traded X old pet for Y new pet is where people get the idea for over inflated values in the first place.
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostlyApparition » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 am

I don't like having the "unknown rarity" stage for pets, especially now that there are rarer pets than usual in the monthly releases. Or, the unknown rarity stage should be way shorter. Waiting a month + for an official rarity status after people have already generally decided one pet is going to be rare annoys me more than it makes me excited for the rarities to be updated.

^ and I definitely know this is a hot take lol! Don't come for me
GhostlyApparition

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me