What are your CS hot takes?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What are your CS hot takes?

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:13 am

Darkcloud! wrote:without participating in overpay, (or paying for c$) theres no way for newbies and returning players to catch up and have a foot in the trading. In terms of newbies/returns and old players trading, overpay is good. newbie/returns gets old pets that others would deem out of their reach, old player can still trade at a 1:1 or 2:1 pet ratio.

where the issue with overpay lies is in the inflation over known rarity pets (2019 fae foxes, I'm looking at you.) where somehow the trading community has decided to disregard the rarity rating.... and with the concept of introducing real money via c$. (and of course, resellers who ninja for the pets.)

Unless you're a player with that kind of c$ or spare pets to throw around, these overinflated pets are not going to be attainable, as no one wants to be the one to take a "loss" on a valuable pet and put themselves in a worse trading spot.

If you try to hold out against trading in c$ or participating in overpay, you will always be missing pets. you will have smaller and smaller trade folders, and fewer people to trade with. It will become a game of hoping that the pound will give you WL or spare trade fodder, and spending massive amounts of time searching for players who will trade fairly if those within your social circle don't have doubles of what you need. It's exhausting.

^ All of this. I left when I was in a bad place mentally and gave most of my pets to others, now it has been an impossible mission to get anywhere near my dream pet. Even with a pet that is technically higher on the list than my dream pet, people still want more, more more. It's already a really hard pet to find anyone with one in their open trading group, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever being able to get one without giving every 500+ rare I have for it.

It feels like there is just no way to fight back against this economy.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 am

Space Cadet Marz wrote:
^ All of this. I left when I was in a bad place mentally and gave most of my pets to others, now it has been an impossible mission to get anywhere near my dream pet. Even with a pet that is technically higher on the list than my dream pet, people still want more, more more. It's already a really hard pet to find anyone with one in their open trading group, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever being able to get one without giving every 500+ rare I have for it.

FR! I'm not even looking for a list pet ATM, but every single one I've found is owned by someone who wants a list or higher for it, and the rudeness received when trying to trade for it is ridiculously uncalled for- being told they "won't trade down" when the pet I'm offering is 3 months older, same rarity, and also an event on their WL- even offering to overpay with rares from 2010 on their WL or for fodder-

Like how do you ever get the completion of your goal without going off-site or sinking real money into it? This is supposed to be a kid's trading game with pleasant visuals, not adults with sticks beating the economy into a corrupt and greedy pulp.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 am

Darkcloud! wrote:
Space Cadet Marz wrote:

FR! I'm not even looking for a list pet ATM, but every single one I've found is owned by someone who wants a list or higher for it, and the rudeness received when trying to trade for it is ridiculously uncalled for- being told they "won't trade down" when the pet I'm offering is 3 months older, same rarity, and also an event on their WL- even offering to overpay with rares from 2010 on their WL or for fodder-

Like how do you ever get the completion of your goal without going off-site or sinking real money into it? This is supposed to be a kid's trading game with pleasant visuals, not adults with sticks beating the economy into a corrupt and greedy pulp.

Are you trying to get one of the Fae fox pets? Because those are a struuuugggleeee.... No one wants to trade them. It took me forever and and a day to get the bee one, which is my favorite. I don't feel too bad about what I paid for it, but it took ages to find anyone who'd trade even remotely fair.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 am

Space Cadet Marz wrote:

Are you trying to get one of the Fae fox pets? Because those are a struuuugggleeee.... No one wants to trade them. It took me forever and and a day to get the bee one, which is my favorite. I don't feel too bad about what I paid for it, but it took ages to find anyone who'd trade even remotely fair.

It's the 2011 St. Patrick's dragon. I have the new years dog from that year + 2010 rares for it, and I've only ever found two people with it who both were incredibly rude- and ofc the pound opening yesterday that had one, I didn't get a single WL or pre-2014 pet shown to me despite being there right at opening.

(I'm terrified of what the 2011 pps Owl Egg will be like. We can move to PM to keep discussing this off-topic!)

To keep on topic, trading shouldn't be like this. The hot take is that trading for anything above an uncommon sucks and unless you have the time to waste picking through users or already know someone, you have to
-go off site (flight rising, discord) (more time spent online)
-spend real money
-overpay and never be able to get back that wealth for your next goal (while the person you overpayed continues to profit off people like you) (and feel misery looking at your goal pet rather than joy)
-just quit, I guess
-become part of the problem

It's bleak stuff.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 pm

here's my hot take:

when people said monthly rares might be a cool idea, they meant every few months, not every single month - people also said that under the idea that people wouldn't become so terribly greedy, and welp.... greed wins i guess?

having a "rare" outcome EVERY month is exhausting. i was excited to aim for completing a full year of monthly adopts. that's not happening and i'm pretty annoyed, as are many others.

i don't have the money to whale on the site, i buy c$ on rare occasions and can't for the foreseeable future. i am also not willing to give up my old rares that i want to use to finish my rat collection just for an unknown rarity pet that isn't even a rat.

still trying to meet my smaller goals, i've got a big WL of just commons/UCs. but monthly pets? not happening. feels like if you want to do the monthlies now you have to fully dedicate to it. can't have goals on the side unless you have an abundance of pets already, which many of us do not.

═══════
art shop
18+/autistic
she/it

PPS collector,
cat mom, klo-
noa, umineko,
hetalia ♡

═══════

madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RallraxAuri » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm

The pet art styles are quite different to one another and i wish they were more consistent. Sometimes i'll see a pet that's super awesome and then another pet from the same month doesn't look very good and the colouring and shading styles are very different.

No hate to staff and artists by the way, all pets are well made. There are no bad artists. This is only my personal preference and opinion!
RallraxAuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dipperpup » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:44 pm

My hot take is that this forum isn’t being used correctly. Most of the posts aren’t even hot takes, just complaints about how the trading system is beat. Like yes girl, we agree.. now gimme something hot.
Dipperpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aldersnap » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 pm

The "delete pet" option should be completely replaced with "donate to pound"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Feed them? I'd love to see them hatch 💕
Aldersnap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wired » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 pm

Dipperpup wrote:My hot take is that this forum isn’t being used correctly. Most of the posts aren’t even hot takes, just complaints about how the trading system is beat. Like yes girl, we agree.. now gimme something hot.

Once again I am begging for more tarantula apparel
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 pm

Wired wrote:
Dipperpup wrote:My hot take is that this forum isn’t being used correctly. Most of the posts aren’t even hot takes, just complaints about how the trading system is beat. Like yes girl, we agree.. now gimme something hot.

Once again I am begging for more tarantula apparel

You get it

Please I love giving them socks but I desire m o r e
Give me hats, dresses, wigs, anythinggggg
(+ another spider litter please I miss them)
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me