April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby LunaLate » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 am

I traded for the PPS draft horse but it was really hard to find any for trade and a few were in trade groups but then they’d cancel saying “it’s my only one.” It was harder than trading for the rainbow butterfly wolf and the rainbow butterfly wolf only took me a couple hours but the PPS draft horse took a couple days. I’m not sharing the trade because now I think I extremely underpaid so I’m kind of embarrassed. I’m happy I took the time to try to find it soon, in my opinion it gets harder the longer you wait but I understand other people think differently.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleckenpferd » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:34 am

LunaLate wrote:Image
I traded for the PPS draft horse but it was really hard to find any for trade and a few were in trade groups but then they’d cancel saying “it’s my only one.” It was harder than trading for the rainbow butterfly wolf and the rainbow butterfly wolf only took me a couple hours but the PPS draft horse took a couple days. I’m not sharing the trade because now I think I extremely underpaid so I’m kind of embarrassed. I’m happy I took the time to try to find it soon, in my opinion it gets harder the longer you wait but I understand other people think differently.

I don't necessarily think otherwise, but I just don't have the time and energy to dig through dozens of players to find one that has and is willing to trade what I need.
So I will just sit it out and train my self in patience.
Maybe I should try to trade some of my old pets for newer ones that I can offer then but I am not very inclined to play along with the overpay-craze...
German player here. I offer event & monthly swaps in this group.

𝐹𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎
Image Image
Image Image
Fleckenpferd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:40 am

LunaLate wrote:Image

I feel I underpaid as well, but the way I see things is sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some. There's been plenty of times where I traded the more uncommon pet away for a more common litterswap

I took a closer look at the ponies and I didn't think about it before, but yeah the bear pony with the cave paintings is also reminding me of Brother Bear. The second gens even have bear prints instead of human. Bears are plantigrade and the skeletal structure for their back legs look very human, so the change is Betty neat.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dia_dartenheit » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:44 am

just my opinion but i dislike how this thread became a place to speculate pets’ rarity and getting depressed over hard to get pets. i come here to check people’s ideas about new designs and authors' comments about inspirations… maybe it should be renamed to “april 2024 trade talk”. i feel the whole discussion just feeds the hype.
dia_dartenheit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:15 am

dia_dartenheit wrote:just my opinion but i dislike how this thread became a place to speculate pets’ rarity and getting depressed over hard to get pets. i come here to check people’s ideas about new designs and authors' comments about inspirations… maybe it should be renamed to “april 2024 trade talk”. i feel the whole discussion just feeds the hype.

To boot, the first rule of this thread:
NO TRADE TALK.
Do not post asking for trades, offering trades, or discussing trades - the trade board is for that. This also includes hinting for trades, e.g. "I need to find someone to trade for this outcome", "No one is accepting my trades for this pet I missed", or "Got two of these, missed this one - off to the swaps thread!".

According to that, the word "trade" (and anything related to a potential trade/offer/deal) really shouldn't show up in here. Yet every example given in the rules can be found posted in some form. If the rules of this thread aren't as stringent anymore, then maybe they need to be updated?
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:41 am

I apologize if I broke any rules. It was unintentional. I thought we were just sharing our experiences so that we could get a more realistic view of what was happening for the sole purpose of NOT feeding into the overpay hype. I've learned a lot from this discussion thread and it is one of few that I regularly check. I feel, if not for this thread, that I would have been sucked into the craziness and overpaid for things I didn't need to overpay just from my lack of experience on the site. It has helped keep me grounded and patient. So, again, I apologize and also thank you so much to everyone who has helped me learn to navigate this website. Even when it is frustrating, it is a lot of fun!

I joined in late January 2024 and my goal is to get every pet for the year 2024 (besides store pets) to celebrate my first year. To see which pets I still need and to see a list of my current dreamies, visit the link below. The first dreamie I achieved was the Friesian above.

!See my dreamies, horde and 2024 outcomes needed CLICK HERE!
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualghost » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:36 am

I don't know why but something about them just screams friendship bracelets to me.
virtualghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:59 am

dia_dartenheit wrote:just my opinion but i dislike how this thread became a place to speculate pets’ rarity and getting depressed over hard to get pets. i come here to check people’s ideas about new designs and authors' comments about inspirations… maybe it should be renamed to “april 2024 trade talk”. i feel the whole discussion just feeds the hype.

Main thing for me is that while I understand being disappointed for missing an outcome, if everyone comes here to complain, it really brings down the mood and distracts from the positives. We should be appreciating the art and outcomes and discussing that.

I’m personally fine with speculating rarities as it helps me figure out when I have something a little higher value, but that’s literally all that has been talked about for several pages about the same pet. We get it it’s hard to get and you’re upset. Just keep trading and trying that’s how this games has always been. That’s how rarities work. It wouldn’t be rare if everyone got one.
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_Quinn21 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:06 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:

Main thing for me is that while I understand being disappointed for missing an outcome, if everyone comes here to complain, it really brings down the mood and distracts from the positives. We should be appreciating the art and outcomes and discussing that.

I’m personally fine with speculating rarities as it helps me figure out when I have something a little higher value, but that’s literally all that has been talked about for several pages about the same pet. We get it it’s hard to get and you’re upset. Just keep trading and trying that’s how this games has always been. That’s how rarities work. It wouldn’t be rare if everyone got one.

I have to disagree partially due to the fact that I think the frustration and stuff is completely valid. This topic is to discuss the monthlies so I think it’s good to hear both the appreciation and the frustration. Happy thoughts discussing the cute pets and stuff but also talking about what is and why something is hard to get- I feel like this can benefit newer players who don’t really know what’s going on and it can also help those who may have been here a while but don’t know or understand why certain outcomes are so difficult. I feel like it’s nice to be validated and see that they aren’t the only one who is having a rough time with the monthlies. Again this is just my opinion! I enjoy scrolling and reading both sides, seeing where everyone’s heads are at
Hiya I'm Hailey
I am addicted to Harley Quinn and Joker and I act way more like Harley than a sane human should.... if I’m even sane at this point.

Harley_Quinn21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 am

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:
I have to disagree partially due to the fact that I think the frustration and stuff is completely valid. This topic is to discuss the monthlies so I think it’s good to hear both the appreciation and the frustration. Happy thoughts discussing the cute pets and stuff but also talking about what is and why something is hard to get- I feel like this can benefit newer players who don’t really know what’s going on and it can also help those who may have been here a while but don’t know or understand why certain outcomes are so difficult. I feel like it’s nice to be validated and see that they aren’t the only one who is having a rough time with the monthlies. Again this is just my opinion! I enjoy scrolling and reading both sides, seeing where everyone’s heads are at

Sure I’m not saying absolutely no talking about rarity speculation as I also mentioned I enjoy that. It’s when every other post is people complaining about canceling trades and “still not having x pet” or “finally got that pet I was complaining about heres a picture of it” Just edit your old comment if you want to show off that you got it we don’t need an update.

Sorry if any of this comes off as blunt but we’ve literally been ignoring the daily growths just to complain about the rainbow bw specifically. I’m over it.

Also want to say I’m not talking about anyone specifically; just current group behavior
Last edited by XxFlamepoolxX on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me