April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby Juliamon » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:14 pm

FreddyCenobite wrote:Image Image

*pokes with a stick*
Will you two grow already…

The final prank, not growing until May :P
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 pm

Juliamon wrote:

*pokes with a stick*

...next may j/k :lol: :lol:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Never & Rush » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:43 pm

i’m glad something grew on my birthday but i was so excited thinking it would be the deer, dang it ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ these horses are so pretty though, it was fun to watch them all grow <3 i’m debating buying another set of the stores so i can keep the ones that share my bday and trade the other set i bought, but idk how easy or hard they’ll be to trade off later
paying 5 C$ for ANY WL rare or 2 WL EUCs!
✨Never's Flight Rising✨ ❄️Rush’s Flight Rising❄️
ImageImage
hi im Never, and Rush is a huge adorable loser <3
<333
Never & Rush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:49 pm

Juliamon wrote:

*pokes with a stick*

I think an even better prank:
Now that I think back, I don’t think those two are a different outcome… my poor memory gave up very quickly into this litter 😭
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:15 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

So now that these guys are all grown, I'll pop in to confirm what you all correctly guessed, they are indeed all graying horses!

I made these guys in honor of my heart horse, Granix, who I lost earlier this year after a long fight with his declining health.
I never knew him as a youngster, I met him at 9 when he was pulled from an amish auction by the owner of the barn I worked at at the time. He was dirty and scarred both physically and mentally, but he still had a lively kind eye and I fell for him the moment I saw him.
I bought him from that barn 2 years later and we had 10 amazing years together. He was everything I wanted in an equine partner and we had so many great adventures <3

Because I did not know him in his younger years, I don't know what color he was before he grayed out. He only had some very light dappling for the first year I knew him and was simply fleabitten after a couple of sheds.
None of them are modeled directly after him, they were more of a cathartic exercise in imagining who he was before I knew him.

And as a fun side note, some of you guess they might be Akhal-Tekes, which was not my intent, but also not wrong!
I had a DNA test done on him out of curiosity and Akhal-Teke had the second highest number of breed markers in his DNA (First was Morgan). Given how DNA tests for horses work, it's unlikely he was a direct mix of the two (mostly like a Morgan/TB as they're both common in my area and TBs often show a lot of 'Teke markers as well) but it was always fun to think that his special shine was scientifically proven, haha <3
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

June Bug wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

So now that these guys are all grown, I'll pop in to confirm what you all correctly guessed, they are indeed all graying horses!

I made these guys in honor of my heart horse, Granix, who I lost earlier this year after a long fight with his declining health.
I never knew him as a youngster, I met him at 9 when he was pulled from an amish auction by the owner of the barn I worked at at the time. He was dirty and scarred both physically and mentally, but he still had a lively kind eye and I fell for him the moment I saw him.
I bought him from that barn 2 years later and we had 10 amazing years together. He was everything I wanted in an equine partner and we had so many great adventures <3

Because I did not know him in his younger years, I don't know what color he was before he grayed out. He only had some very light dappling for the first year I knew him and was simply fleabitten after a couple of sheds.
None of them are modeled directly after him, they were more of a cathartic exercise in imagining who he was before I knew him.

And as a fun side note, some of you guess they might be Akhal-Tekes, which was not my intent, but also not wrong!
I had a DNA test done on him out of curiosity and Akhal-Teke had the second highest number of breed markers in his DNA (First was Morgan). Given how DNA tests for horses work, it's unlikely he was a direct mix of the two (mostly like a Morgan/TB as they're both common in my area and TBs often show a lot of 'Teke markers as well) but it was always fun to think that his special shine was scientifically proven, haha <3

Oh my goodness that makes them even more special! Thank you for sharing his story. I'm so sorry you lost him, but I'm happy you had ten years together. I'm going to name one of mine Granix to honor your boy. The horse I have now is the only gray horse I've ever had. The funny thing is I always said I would never own a gray horses and yet I ended up with him lol. He is a Friesian/Arabian cross and his name is Chrome. He started out very dark bay as a baby and went through so many color changes. I got him when he was five months old (he's 15 in May) so I've seen all of his different colors. He ended up flea-bitten like your boy. :)

That is too funny that he showed Akhal-Teke on his DNA test! You did such a wonderful job on the art for this litter. It is definitely one of my top favorites. Thank you so much!

I joined in late January 2024 and my goal is to get every pet for the year 2024 (besides store pets) to celebrate my first year. To see which pets I still need and to see a list of my current dreamies, visit the link below. The first dreamie I achieved was the Friesian above.

!See my dreamies, horde and 2024 outcomes needed CLICK HERE!
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 pm

achieve1dream wrote:Oh my goodness that makes them even more special! Thank you for sharing his story. I'm so sorry you lost him, but I'm happy you had ten years together. I'm going to name one of mine Granix to honor your boy. The horse I have now is the only gray horse I've ever had. The funny thing is I always said I would never own a gray horses and yet I ended up with him lol. He is a Friesian/Arabian cross and his name is Chrome. He started out very dark bay as a baby and went through so many color changes. I got him when he was five months old (he's 15 in May) so I've seen all of his different colors. He ended up flea-bitten like your boy. :)

That is too funny that he showed Akhal-Teke on his DNA test! You did such a wonderful job on the art for this litter. It is definitely one of my top favorites. Thank you so much!

Haha, I also swore I'd never own a gray. They're pretty when they're cleaned up, but boy is it awful to groom them, haha. He was also *very* fond of mud, so much so that his nickname around the barn was "The Bog Monster", lol
Your boy sounds gorgeous! And how lucky to have been able to watch his metamorphosis!

Ty! It was a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to get the dappling to look just right, but it was pretty fun too! ^^
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Never & Rush » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 pm

so sorry for your loss June Bug, but the whole group of them is gorgeous and a wonderful tribute to your horse!! i’ve never had a horse but i have had several older rescue animals and i totally relate to imagining what your best friend was like when they were younger. i think all the time about how my current dog was probably an adorable little squishy puppy before i knew him <3
paying 5 C$ for ANY WL rare or 2 WL EUCs!
✨Never's Flight Rising✨ ❄️Rush’s Flight Rising❄️
ImageImage
hi im Never, and Rush is a huge adorable loser <3
<333
Never & Rush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:31 pm

Never & Rush wrote:i’m debating buying another set of the stores so i can keep the ones that share my bday and trade the other set i bought, but idk how easy or hard they’ll be to trade off later

I'm thinking of doing the same thing in May when my birthday is, these store pets seem quite popular especially in comparison to the past couple of releases so personally I think they're a pretty hot commodity (also they're suuper cute)
in the end I'll probably only buy a single set though cause I already gave them elaborate dressups and don't wanna have to redo them lol

June Bug wrote:

that is so touching... I will be renaming my horses in honor of your sweet boy <3 this beautiful litter speaks volumes for the love you have for him
ImageImage

𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔 hey, i'm kat 𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
⋆౨ৎ𖥔⟡˖ have a lovely day! ౨ৎ⟡˖𖥔
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyca » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:39 pm

Never & Rush wrote:Image

i’m glad something grew on my birthday but i was so excited thinking it would be the deer, dang it ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ these horses are so pretty though, it was fun to watch them all grow <3 i’m debating buying another set of the stores so i can keep the ones that share my bday and trade the other set i bought, but idk how easy or hard they’ll be to trade off later

I love collecting birthday pets, I think it makes the game a lot more interesting x3 You should keep the birthday twins!
Pycas Birthday Twins
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

Pyca