April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby mediocre » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

xrosetea wrote:Apologies if this has been discussed already, but anyone have any idea or guesse what the still growing horses are going to look like? Have there been other litters in the past that have had pets that look fully grown but were still growing, and what did they change into? I'm so curious about this!

My theory for these horses, which so far is holding true, is that they resemble real world grey horses. Grey horses can be born any color, but if they have the grey gene it will slowly "take over" their coat until they are almost totally white. This process lasts into adulthood which explains why they are on the adult lines and still growing. I am guessing they will get more grey in the next stage.

I'm honestly so excited about this litter. Its really scratched my horse nerd brain to watch them grow and I'm curious to see how they will look full grown, especially that pinto!
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌───────────────┐

IF I EVER WERE TO LOSE YOU
mediocre - adult
she/her - ace/aro
equine science major
PMs always open!

└───────────────┘
┌───────────────┐

└───────────────┘
┌───────────────┐
I'D SURELY LOSE MYSELF

└───────────────┘

x
mediocre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 pm

mediocre wrote:
xrosetea wrote:Apologies if this has been discussed already, but anyone have any idea or guesse what the still growing horses are going to look like? Have there been other litters in the past that have had pets that look fully grown but were still growing, and what did they change into? I'm so curious about this!

My theory for these horses, which so far is holding true, is that they resemble real world grey horses. Grey horses can be born any color, but if they have the grey gene it will slowly "take over" their coat until they are almost totally white. This process lasts into adulthood which explains why they are on the adult lines and still growing. I am guessing they will get more grey in the next stage.

I'm honestly so excited about this litter. Its really scratched my horse nerd brain to watch them grow and I'm curious to see how they will look full grown, especially that pinto!

That is what I was thinking too, but I didn't figure a site like this would follow real world horse genetics. I love horse color genetics. So fascinating! Total nerd here too. My horse is gray. He started out almost black, went to a lighter bay, then an almost gray roan, then light dappled and now is flea bitten gray. I think he went through about every color he could have except for a pure "white" gray. :) I've had him since he was five months old and he's fifteen in May so I've been able to watch his entire graying out process. So fun!

I joined in late January 2024 and my goal is to get every pet for the year 2024 (besides store pets) to celebrate my first year. To see which pets I still need and to see a list of my current dreamies, visit the link below. The first dreamie I achieved was the Friesian above.

!See my dreamies, horde and 2024 outcomes needed CLICK HERE!
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:50 pm

achieve1dream wrote:
mediocre wrote:

That is what I was thinking too, but I didn't figure a site like this would follow real world horse genetics. I love horse color genetics. So fascinating! Total nerd here too. My horse is gray. He started out almost black, went to a lighter bay, then an almost gray roan, then light dappled and now is flea bitten gray. I think he went through about every color he could have except for a pure "white" gray. :) I've had him since he was five months old and he's fifteen in May so I've been able to watch his entire graying out process. So fun!

The neat thing about the pets on this site is that the designs are up to each artist (to be fair I'm not really sure how the whole process works /exactly/, but I'm pretty sure this much is true). We can get pets that look like rocks, glass bottles, plants... or sometimes they'll give us realistic patterns and whatnot! It's the best part of the site imo, speculating on what each pet's theme may end up being based on the clues of their baby stage.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

achieve1dream wrote:
mediocre wrote:My theory for these horses, which so far is holding true, is that they resemble real world grey horses. Grey horses can be born any color, but if they have the grey gene it will slowly "take over" their coat until they are almost totally white. This process lasts into adulthood which explains why they are on the adult lines and still growing. I am guessing they will get more grey in the next stage.

In a similar vein, we've actually had a horse litter that did a gradual greying on some parts as they grew forever ago
archive/2014/May/Artist-Lilian%20Nightshade
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:09 pm

Lunarsnow wrote:In a similar vein, we've actually had a horse litter that did a gradual greying on some parts as they grew forever ago

There was also one more noticeable one in the racehorse litter done in 2022 (the grey one is Giacomo):
archive/2022/May/Horse
(the other two are Rachel Alexandra and Secretariat, if anyone is curious)
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

Image Image Image
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 am

huskyhiccups wrote:
Lunarsnow wrote:In a similar vein, we've actually had a horse litter that did a gradual greying on some parts as they grew forever ago

There was also one more noticeable one in the racehorse litter done in 2022 (the grey one is Giacomo):
archive/2022/May/Horse
(the other two are Rachel Alexandra and Secretariat, if anyone is curious)

That is so awesome! I had no idea those were racehorses. Thank you for telling me that. I'm excited I have my very own Secretariat. :D

I joined in late January 2024 and my goal is to get every pet for the year 2024 (besides store pets) to celebrate my first year. To see which pets I still need and to see a list of my current dreamies, visit the link below. The first dreamie I achieved was the Friesian above.

!See my dreamies, horde and 2024 outcomes needed CLICK HERE!
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 am

I’m not trying to sound like a jerk when I ask this, but… what’s the hubbub about this dude? I figured 1-2 days after it grew it’d be evened out by now in terms of demand, but it hasn’t. Is it because he’s a PPS? I don’t see this being an uncommon, so I guess I just don’t see its demand.

I lucked out and got him for OG adopts, so maybe I’m just oblivious?
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxbite » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 am

the darned pps horse has caused me so much anxiety i might be taking a break after this month :(
13 guinea pigs left to complete my collection :D
foxbite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

Love the eyes so much
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:18 pm

The third pet to go into my favorite greyscale collection this month, this is great :3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FreddyCenobite wrote:Image
I’m not trying to sound like a jerk when I ask this, but… what’s the hubbub about this dude? I figured 1-2 days after it grew it’d be evened out by now in terms of demand, but it hasn’t. Is it because he’s a PPS? I don’t see this being an uncommon, so I guess I just don’t see its demand.

I lucked out and got him for OG adopts, so maybe I’m just oblivious?

Recently CS has changed their litters. Now we have a rare outcome every month. So the pps horse you lucked out on is being hoarded and the demand has skyrocketed for any potential rare. I just give up each month for the rare outcomes. It isn't worth the stress to me. Last month's rare was the pps otter.
Random music I change every few days: 🎵🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Note to self: °
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups