Chicken Smoothie Storytime

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Chicken Smoothie Storytime

Postby daybreak. » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:48 am

Pet's name: Stranger
▛═══════════════════════════▜

You meet a stranger at the crossroads.
They are feeding a small campfire, which crackles
happily. The flames agitate the deepening shadows
into a frenzied dance as the evening darkens.
You are weary from a day of traveling.

The stranger acknowledges you.
Hiya stranger! You in a hurry to get somewhere?
It's getting kinda dark, though. Maybe we can share
a campfire for the night? I'm always glad to have
some company—the road can get a little lonely.
I can spare some food, and we can spin some yarns,
tell tall tales, trade fables. Whaddya say?

Got a story to share?

▙═══════════════════════════▟

Welcome to Chicken Smoothie Storytime!
Let's start with a story: chatting in the CSDS, like one does, Dmitri mentioned he came about his narwhal hippocampus hoard mostly on accident. So we asked to hear the story! How does one accidentally end up hoarding a pet?! That's a story for another time, if Dmitri decides to share it again. Suffice it to say, it was a fun little tale of circumstance, and beckyx191 mentioned she wanted a thread full of stories like it...

So this is meant to be it!
A chill, easygoing space for small or tall tales of remarkable happenstance from around Chicken Smoothie.

Thread Rules:
  • It goes without staying but, all CS rules apply.
  • Share stories that happened on CS, while playing CS, or that are related to CS. It's Chicken Smoothie Storytime, after all!
  • Avoid spam. Replies to other users' stories are encouraged, but please keep them relevant to the topic.
  • Avoid complaining or ranting. Little misfortunes can make good stories, but unless you can tackle them with impeccably good humor, they probably don't belong in this thread c:
Last edited by daybreak. on Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chicken Smoothie Storytime

Postby daybreak. » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

I want to kick this thread off with my own little story about how I got this Pirate Hat!

Let's hearken back to a long time ago, back in 2010, when I was still too young to have my own money and be able to purchase any items from the store, and the fierce battleground for the legendary Pirates vs. Ninjas conflict in the forum games was only in its second version! And the thread name ended with " >:3 ".

I was already a seasoned veteran of the fight, back in the lawless days when two lone pirates could alternate counting down the thread, when the speed of the fight required you to refresh and refresh until your post cool-down wore down. I spent many hours typing numbers on these forums, and I do not regret them.

They all blur together a bit, but there is a single battle that will forever stand out among the rest: the day Tess and Vampiric fought on the side of pirates, and brought us to spectacular victory! (And I was there!) After the dust had settled I received a trade from Tess, congratulating me on a fight well fought, and gifting me the pirate hat that Crossbones has been wearing since.

I wish I could still find that trade! Since Tess's posts are no longer searchable on the site, neither are her trades, so it's lost to the sands of time... but the memory of the moment will suffice c:

Last bumped by daybreak. on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me