the value of token item sets

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

the value of token item sets

Postby jhftR » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:58 am

I just want clarify.

So the general rule is that one (non-store) item = 1 uncommon from the same year. (Not sure exactly what how/if that's changed with the rarity expansion, but I'll leave that aside for now).

What about multiple items that come from a single token exchange? Say the Fae Mischief wisps, or the fins & scales set from Halloween '19. Does each piece equal one uncommon, or is it one pet per a whole single-color set?
Last edited by jhftR on Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhftR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the value of token item sets

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:57 am

jhftR wrote:I just want clarify.

So the general rule is that one (non-store) item = 1 uncommon from the same year. (Not sure exactly what how/if that's changed with the rarity expansion, but I'll leave that aside for now).

I don't personally agree with this because how an item is distributed and how many of it can greatly change it's availability

What about multiple items that come from a single token exchange? Say the Fae Mischief wisps, or the fins & scales set from Halloween '19. Does each piece equal one uncommon, or is it one pet per a whole single-color set?

The fins and scales were not token items.
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=4184275

Sets would be best handled on a case by case basis. Some items can be incredibly small in the set and will easily be found in the lost and found therefore have low demand. If I counted right, the wisp sets have 22 items each, but that includes 10 of these: Image

The sets also heavily depend on how many tokens were spent and what it is. Costume sets will be gotten less and therefore will end up more rare. Plushies get adopted a lot so end up more common, but plushies also have the highest demand.

tldr; there is no easy method for token items in particular because people need to make the effort to get them to begin with. We won't know how many were adopted as opposed to freebies.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me