CS Store Pet Popularity Poll

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Store Pet Popularity Poll

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:56 am

SabrinaB wrote:
kivr & fireflii wrote:Are we able to see/know how many total individuals vote on this (and the other poll, but I didn't want to post there since it's inactive)? Very curious to know since these results are being used to reflect the opinion of the presumable majority of the userbase on Horror's list.
-fireflii

I sure hope they dont compare these results with the list too much. I voted simply as how much i like a pet, not how rare or how much i want it. I just voted how much i like the species, design and colors and i am sure i am not the only one. Its totally diffrent from how much i want it or how much i would pay for it

I voted based on how much I like the look of the pet as well. I'm surprised just how many older store pets I just don't really care about...unless they're horses! I'm not that into the horses on the site, I just really like the old store designs for them.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:05 am

done! Can't wait to see the results!!
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
ImageFURINA DE FONTAINEImage
Image |Infp|♋︎|he/him|Writer| ImageImageImageImage
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:35 am

kivr & fireflii wrote:Are we able to see/know how many total individuals vote on this (and the other poll, but I didn't want to post there since it's inactive)? Very curious to know since these results are being used to reflect the opinion of the presumable majority of the userbase on Horror's list.
-fireflii

Yes, at the top of the results page showing the graphs, you can see how many total users voted and at the top of each graph you can see how many people voted on each specific pet! I kept the OMGSR poll open until around 350 users voted, at that point the results were pretty stable and I documented everything in the spreadsheet.

SabrinaB wrote:
-fireflii

I sure hope they dont compare these results with the list too much. I voted simply as how much i like a pet, not how rare or how much i want it. I just voted how much i like the species, design and colors and i am sure i am not the only one. Its totally diffrent from how much i want it or how much i would pay for it

This poll is intended to quantify popularity only. Rarity is already reflected in whether the pet is omgsr, extremely rare, very rare, or rare and what month/year it comes from. Since store pets never get rereleased it can be assumed older store pets of the same rarity will always be more rare than newer ones. Since exact pet count will never be released, rarity can only ever be a rough guess. At the very least, we can set exact values for popularity by polling people on their opinions! Pet popularity is where the demand half of trading is derived from. How much you would pay for a pet is a combination of both rarity and popularity with each possibly being in differing extents depending on the person. That’s why when I calculate the final results, I provide a couple different ways of viewing them.
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:17 am

I still consider popularity diffrent from how i like the design, species and colors of the pet. With popularity, i would have given a diffrent voye. I simply just graded the pets, nothing with popularity in mind.
I voted for how much i like it, not how much i want it. How much i want it would give a better picture of how popular a pet is over how much i like a pet. Its a big diffrence imo
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TANKMEN » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:50 am

SabrinaB wrote:I still consider popularity diffrent from how i like the design, species and colors of the pet. With popularity, i would have given a diffrent voye. I simply just graded the pets, nothing with popularity in mind.
I voted for how much i like it, not how much i want it. How much i want it would give a better picture of how popular a pet is over how much i like a pet. Its a big diffrence imo

im just curious, how exactly do you separate a pet you want vs a pet you like? do you mean that a pet you want could be one with a high trading demand you want for value purposes? if so, i dont think that counts as true popularity, since it relies on the existing popularity. i think OP is trying to figure out which store pets people actually like, because that's what drives that demand to begin with.

not being argumentative! i genuinely would like to know why the distinction is different for you.
Image TANK » THEY/XEY/SHE/PUP

------Autistic Adult PF-DID system
------Ex-2009 player
------PPS Collector and forever child!
PFP: @jijistu
TANKMEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tenebria » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:16 am

I put mine in!! Now i'm gonna go see what everyone else's are if my ridiculous computer will load.

Tenebria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:14 am

SabrinaB wrote:I still consider popularity diffrent from how i like the design, species and colors of the pet. With popularity, i would have given a diffrent voye. I simply just graded the pets, nothing with popularity in mind.

Well said, I definitely agree with this!

Either way, while these polls are always interesting, I don't think they truly give the full picture as to highest demand vs. value due to them usually getting maybe a few hundred responses, while there are many more active traders that will never see/vote on this poll. Plus, the way each individual chooses to value the scale will be different.

Curious to see the results nonetheless (:
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:58 am

TANKMEN wrote:

im just curious, how exactly do you separate a pet you want vs a pet you like? do you mean that a pet you want could be one with a high trading demand you want for value purposes? if so, i dont think that counts as true popularity, since it relies on the existing popularity. i think OP is trying to figure out which store pets people actually like, because that's what drives that demand to begin with.

not being argumentative! i genuinely would like to know why the distinction is different for you.

Good question, no need to be afraid of startong an argument. We are discussing in a normal way :)

There are pets that i like, but i dont really feel the "i want this pet!" feeling.
Take the cerberus. I like it, i believe i gave it a big 9.
But if the poll said "how much do you want this"
I would say only a 3. It is a very valueble pet, but i am not willing to psy my soul for it and it will never really go for less, regadless the results of this poll.
So yeah. There is a diffrence to me. I like it a lot, but i dont really want it.
Same with the rats. I like them, but i dont really need to have them.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:56 am

SabrinaB wrote:
TANKMEN wrote:

Good question, no need to be afraid of startong an argument. We are discussing in a normal way :)

There are pets that i like, but i dont really feel the "i want this pet!" feeling.
Take the cerberus. I like it, i believe i gave it a big 9.
But if the poll said "how much do you want this"
I would say only a 3. It is a very valueble pet, but i am not willing to psy my soul for it and it will never really go for less, regadless the results of this poll.
So yeah. There is a diffrence to me. I like it a lot, but i dont really want it.
Same with the rats. I like them, but i dont really need to have them.

In this case you voted the way I was hoping for! How much you like a pet is what I want people to vote on. How much you want a pet is influenced by things other than just what the pet looks like, because as you said, the main reason you don't want the cerberus is because of it's cost, which is driven up in large part by rarity. I'm trying to separate the "how much you like a pet" to be on its own for this vote :)
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:04 am

Oh alright, i was afraid you were after popularity. Ofew glad i voted the way it was intended! 😅
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me