Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Thread and Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What do you think about the new rarities?

What? New rarities??
1%
I'm confused.
5%
I'm glad!
45%
I don't like them.
5%
It'll take some getting used to.
38%
IDK/Wanna vote >=D
6%

Total votes : 362

Re: Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Thread and Poll!* ♡

Postby house4hippo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:41 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
house4hippo wrote:I'm so happy to say that after a couple months of starting it, I've completed my bat collection :D all 146 of them, including the 2010 extremely rares! this is the first time I've ever done a species collection like this and in all honesty it was so much more fun than I was expecting. thank you to everyone that helped me trade for them all, I never could have done it without you :)

also, congratulations to everyone above who's made progress on their own collections! especially depressedanonymous, collecting every pet onsite is a serious feat!!

Congrats on the bat collection! These look good altogether. I never would have thought of using the dress up scenes to display all of a lineart. How long did that take?

I got my final cat in an auction. It's been one of the ones I've wanted for a while, and I won it in an auction. I got it on a day I wasn't feeling my greatest so it helped cheer me up a bit

thank you!! in terms of how long it took to put the scene together—a LOT longer than i'd like to admit lol. I kept having to squish them together when it became clear they weren't all going to fit in nice little rows. you can 100% see where I basically ran out of room with those poor bats all layered in the middle 😭 this method probably works best with pets that have only had a handful of releases or REALLY small ones like hamsters or PPS caterpillars, but I still like that I was able to make a (very messy) visual checklist of sorts of my progress.

also—congratulations on finishing your cat collection!! that's so exciting, you should be proud :) such a cute dressup too!
Hello there I am a big nerd and I am proud
I really like Subnautica, Gravity Falls, Undertale, and Pokemon
Feel free to trade with me! Have a nice day!
house4hippo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Starling. » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:00 pm

So this is my first time back to CS since 2017. I have to admit, coming back to see that the collections I had completed are, of course, no longer complete was kind of rough. I just got done updating all of my group names; changing them from COMPLETE to Missing X, lol. It feels really overwhelming to come back after so much time away, but honestly I suppose it gives me something to do! I also like that I can freely trade with newer players for things I actually need, which before i left I was not doing at all.

I'm hungry for my first collections message! I didn't realize that was a thing until discovering this forum. Also, congrats to everyone on their goals :) I know how frustrating it can be, and how long it can take!!!
Random trades are ALWAYS welcome! ;)

.Starling.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Love » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:36 pm

What are your goals on CS?
Chameleon Collect

How close are you to completion?
Finsished!

How long have you worked on this goal?
About a month give or take.

I just dont know where to start next.
Ruby-Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 am

i thought i was finally happy with my groups but after sorting a lot more pets i'm already overwhelmed haha. why do i collect everything at once

i feel like i've tried every system and i probably just won't be happy until the grouping system on cs is overhauled bc there are just too many pets, years, and events now.
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 am

I joined Chicken Smoothie in March 2023, so I have been here for officially a year! I don’t know if anyone would care about my progress because it’s not as impressive as users who have been here much longer but I wanted to share.
My completed goals: complete species not including store pets: snakes and otters (even this month’s PPS!)
All 2023 pets except stores and URs
All 2022 monthly pets and most event pets (except rares and 8 very and extremely uncommons)

My current goals:
-Complete monkey collection (except stores): I only have 8 left!! I was able to get most of them pretty easily but 6 of the 8 left are PPS and 3 are rare or very rare so. That might take a while. I am just so happy to have another species almost completed!
-Complete Christmas 2021. I only have 6 left! 2 are rares and one is an extremely uncommon lion so. Will probably take a while.
-Complete 2021 monthlies. I have 27 left! Most of those will be pretty easy except for 3: the July PPS lion, the December 2nd gen extremely uncommon fox (I already have one! But the other one...), and the infamous golden gacha.
-Other species I am working towards: macaws, chameleons, and guinea pigs. I am happy with my progress with the macaws but honestly I don’t ever expect to get the UR flamingo so I would be happy with a collection of everything else. I have 25 left and all except one are event pets, a lot rare or extremely uncommon. The chameleons will be the easiest after the monkeys for an actual complete collection but there are a couple very rares. I have 50 left. With the guinea pigs I would be happy with a collection of all of the newer linearts and I have 70 left!
I picked these species because they aren’t super popular and there aren’t as many of them as my other favorites, butterfly wolves and cats. I actually have started to like macaws and guinea pigs a lot though now.
I like chicken smoothie a lot even though collecting “old” pets is very hard (“old” as in anything uncommon before 2019 lol). Thank you for reading! Here’s to maybe one day completing my goals!

Edit: thanks to generous users and a well timed pound catch, I only have TWO monkeys left! Only one rare!
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:47 pm

Oooh a new thread! I'll remake my reply to this, since it's been so long since I did this in the last one I don't even know what I said.

I would like to collect all the pets (barring store pets, URs, and 2008s for now, it's just too stressful for me to try for those. I don't know how anyone does it.)

I have all the pets up through 2011, unless I'm mistaken! Again, not the ones stated above.

Since soon after I joined, in 2013. I'm not sure when that became my official reason for playing, but I've been working on it for a very long time.

After digging through the pet archives, it seems I am missing only one Guinea Pig from 2010. Perhaps I will make that my soft goal for now; I have completed many of the smaller pet groups, including chameleons, chickens (other than the UR), draft horses, bettas, and spiders.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unheimlich » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 am

Hi all!

I want to collect all the dogs!

I have all the dogs from 2017, 2019, 2020. I'm mostly missing like 1-2 common outcomes from other years (not counting super rare pets from 2008 etc.), and some rares from events. I don't think I'll ever get the very high value pets, so I mostly focus on the years after 2012.

Like... 5 years now, but with LONG breaks. I'm very busy and I often just adopt new pets each month and get more active during the events, which doesn't make it easy.

Unfortunately, it seems like it's really hard to get trades these days... I used to get a lot of trades after bumping my trading topic, but now there's nothing, and people are cancelling even simple trades.
        ─── FORTUNATELY ©
        ██████████████████████

┍────┑
        capricorn.
        intj.
        likes english.
        linguist.
        any pronouns.
        slumber party 28/43.

┕────┙
        ████████
        ── ─ ─
        ▀▀▀▀
        AM !
        AM !
        ════
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██

ImageImage
        ImageImage
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Unheimlich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fae » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:56 am

Progress! Now I'm down to the two missing URs of Butterfly Wolves, and excluding current months, once I get those I'll have a COMPELTE collection.

Which then prompted me to want to complete a collection of every pet, considering, Which is a struggle in and of itself.

Edit: OH NO NOT MORE STORE BWOLVES orz
Guess I'll have to see if I can buy some C$ here soon...
Last edited by Fae on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Searching For: UR Bee, UR Peach and PPS Bugs from 2021 to complete collection of Bwolves. Current Collection Up To Date As Of 12/01/23.

Seeking to complete collection; any missing Bwolves are on my WL and I will happily trade for them.

I trade FR Gems & Treasure for CS Pets on my WL or CS$; Msg or Send a Trade for Details

Malevolente is my sister; we trade sometimes and share an IP. Please don't ban us.
Fae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:22 pm

What are your goals on CS? to complete years 2011-current! Right now I am focusing on 2011 and 2021-2023 while also keeping an eye out for the years I didn't play at all. (2012, 2013) I don't include special releases for now, just to keep my sanity.

How close are you to completion? 2 away from completing 2011! ofc it's the St paddy's dragon and the Malk Owl Egg PPS :partycry:

How long have you worked on this goal? Since starting playing, and most recently, when I came back in 2023 after being gone!

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:59 pm

Question; does it take time for the "completion" to update in the archive?? I just got the last two BWs I needed for 2022; they show as achieved, but I still don't have the checkmark?

The last two I needed were from the Halloween event. When I select BWs and show completed months it shows that Halloween is not complete but when I select the event, every BW on the page is checked off. I was so excited to see the achievement so I'm slightly disappointed. 😅

It updated! I officially have all the BWs from 2022-current. 😩🙌🏼 Getting closer and closer to my goal!
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me