[๐Ÿ] Guide to Trading Every Pet on CS

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How do you usually add up trades when pets have different dates?

[2-3 year rule] I swap pets within 2 or 3 years of each other
15%
[5 year rule] I swap pets within 5 years of each other
1%
[+2 rule] I add +2 for each year apart the pets are
3%
[2:1 rule] I think 2 pets of the same year = 1 pet of an older year
28%
[Mix n match] I use different methods depending on if all the pets in the trade are recent or if they're all older
27%
[Vibes] I mainly just trade by vibes without really 'calculating' trades
15%
I don't trade by dates at all
2%
Other method not shown here (you should tell us!)
1%
I don't know / I just want to vote
8%

Total votes : 339

Re: [๐Ÿ] Guide to Trading Every Pet on CS - ** UPDATED! **

Postby gansey » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:43 pm

kivr & fireflii wrote:Gotcha, thanks! Thatโ€™s what I was wondering. Glad to know it wasnโ€™t arbitrarily chosen, but Iโ€™m not sure how much better this is. Only about 140 votes and less than half agreed on the most popular option. It doesnโ€™t seem like an accurate reflection of the whole trading community. You really have to dig for that information, too. :x I also wonder if this should be updated since the big rarity update, too.
-fireflii

while it doesn't seem like a huge sample size, it more or less would be an accurate depiction of users. even in real-life studies, 140 is considered a decent number of participants, depending on the study. plus theres not usually more than 1000 users on the site at a time. overall it may not seem like a good sample size but it's actually not that bad, plus majority rules, doesn't matter how large the margin is.

i definitely do agree though that it is a bit of a dig to find this information, i had also never seen it before but im glad to know it's there. correct me if im wrong but i also was under the assumption that it had been updated post-rarity update?
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
howdy
my name is noah
i love d&d, writing, pokรฉmon,
and birding.
free to pm // fr // cs store

โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
gansey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:01 pm

I would imagine it depends. 140 out of a community of 200 is great. 140 out of 5000 is not so great. There are 450 users online right now at this moment, so I can only imagine how many active users there are total (given time zones, etc.). I'm not so sure 140 is accurate given that, but there's really no way to tell or have more users participate in the polls (for the same reason, why I'm partly skeptical on the popularity polls, and even those have over twice the amount of users voting on those compared to the aforementioned poll).

In regards to the update, I meant should the poll be re-polled. I assumed the "10 rares = 1 MA" come from before the big update.

Also, I'm looking again on a computer and not mobile, and I can't find the "10 rares = 1 MA" poll? I realized I was looking at the "refer to 09 rares as 'old rares'" poll... but also "old rares" are not 2010-2011, and 09 rares are separate?? I'm more confused the longer I look.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:03 pm

That poll didn't contain any sensible options though? Or am I missing a previous poll that addressed this?

Advents (then VR, now OMGSR) used to be valued on terms of early 09 rares/vrs (then VR, now ER). Why did the poll not contain any options similar to the previous valuation? Dropping the value down from ERs all the way down to Rares seems crazy to me. But those are the only poll options available, what old uncommon pets that are now rare should we use to trade for Advents? The number 10 isn't the problem here, it's the currency.

What we really need is a value guide from top OMGSR to bottom ER, then a clear guide on how to step up from VR to ER. That way we could build a guide from OMGSC to OMGSR with clear value gaps, top to bottom, to help users trade up or down the rarities step by step. That would solve the advent valuation issue using a different method. But that's another discussion outside the scope of this thread I think.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:22 pm

I fully agree. I don't mean to focus on the number "10" so much as the logic behind it all. You articulated it better than I.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [๐Ÿ] Guide to Trading Every Pet on CS

Postby Wired » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:35 pm

Is there a spreadsheet being worked on at all?
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nowh » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:19 am

hello, popping in here with a quick question. So, the joker dog is high tier 4 (value starting at 2MA) my question is why is it in such a low tier when in reality it's going for 1.5-3NONs (TD vs RR is why the gap is huge - at least from what i saw recent trades). Somehow if a player unfamiliar with the demand got a joker RR (or had a TD on their account prior) and consulted this list and looked for closer to 2MA (as the list says) wouldn't that be unfair as they go for way higher?

I guess I'm just looking for the thought process behind it being valued T4 here when it goes for multiple nons.
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ€ข nowh | he/him โ€ข
Image Image
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
nowh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puffy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:27 am

nowh wrote:hello, popping in here with a quick question. So, the joker dog is high tier 4 (value starting at 2MA) my question is why is it in such a low tier when in reality it's going for 1.5-3NONs (TD vs RR is why the gap is huge - at least from what i saw recent trades). Somehow if a player unfamiliar with the demand got a joker RR (or had a TD on their account prior) and consulted this list and looked for closer to 2MA (as the list says) wouldn't that be unfair as they go for way higher?

I guess I'm just looking for the thought process behind it being valued T4 here when it goes for multiple nons.

the tiers are determined by a mix of their release date/value/when they changed rarity, i believe. i can't remember exactly how it's determined, but the thing is it doesn't always equate to what they're actually going for/worth. this is why the list is only a suggestion of what the pets go for. the list of pets does point out that pets with a significant difference in value of their tier are highlighted either red or blue, and their current trade "worth" is fully explained in the demand masterpost here. it's seperate because it's based on community values, and here it explains that the joker goes for 1.5n rerelease and 2n for true date :]
puffy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nowh » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:41 am

puffy wrote:
nowh wrote:-snip-

the tiers are determined by a mix of their release date/value/when they changed rarity, i believe. i can't remember exactly how it's determined, but the thing is it doesn't always equate to what they're actually going for/worth. this is why the list is only a suggestion of what the pets go for. the list of pets does point out that pets with a significant difference in value of their tier are highlighted either red or blue, and their current trade "worth" is fully explained in the demand masterpost here. it's seperate because it's based on community values, and here it explains that the joker goes for 1.5n rerelease and 2n for true date :]

Ah thank you! I totally missed that.
โ€ข nowh | he/him โ€ข
Image Image
nowh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:59 pm

With the recent rarity update the Red Kneed Tarantula has dropped from Extremely Rare to just Very Rare so I'm wondering if it'll change tiers?
I'm unsure if any other pets have had the same happen, I only know because I'm collecting all the spiders and it's one of the last I need :o

[Update] A couple others changed as mentioned in this forum: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4014876
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pinetreesheep » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 am

Does anyone have a guide for trading pets with rarities โ€œbetween yearsโ€ this guide has a section on it but it hasnโ€™t been updated with any information yet.
Image ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“น! ~ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ/๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป Image
๐’œ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“ˆ๐“๐‘’๐‘’๐“…๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”โ€ฆ
๐’ท๐“Š๐‘”๐“ˆ | ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐’ถ๐’น๐‘’ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘’๐’ถ๐’น | ๐’ธ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น๐’พ๐“‰

pinetreesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me