New C$ Value Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

New C$ Value Discussion

Postby LavenderRain » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:25 am

So with all the new rarities and sorting, we'll have to figure out the C$ value of different rarities for different years! I'm very interested in seeing what will be the best way to go! I definitely don't have any good answer yet, so I'm just going to compile as many different ideas and things to note here in hopes we as a community can work together to come up with a system ^^

Interesting Things to Note --

▪ Current Store pets range from 20-25C$, with older ones from the year ranging from 25-30C$. This is extremely important! Either that means that 2011-2012 Rares/Very Rares should be the same C$ value, OR, We need to reevaluate the value of Store pets to no longer be equal to a 2011-2012 Rare/Very Rare.
On the note of Store Pets, I'd like to note that the first OMG So Rare store pet is from 2013

▪ Token pets from events range from Extremely Uncommon to Very Rare

▪ The most normal C$ price for a 2023 rare I've seen people use is 3C$. This will likely change now though

Important Links --

The 'How much is this pet worth in C$?' Thread

Horror's List guide (C$ section)

Here is a wip table I've been working on - Google Forum
3 Year Gap

Based on old Style

C$ for Store Pets

Here is a suggestion guide made by Thinking.Kiwi from the update rarity forum
Last edited by LavenderRain on Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Adult ▪ Female ▪ Married ▪ Image▪ Christian ▪ Sept. 14th ▪ Artist
Toyhouse DeviantArt DA Adopts CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New C$ Value Discussion

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:40 am

I like this list - I will be currently using it as a rough estimate for pricing until we have a more agreed-upon value but I don't see it changing too drastically. Thanks for the work!

Just finished my CIS/IT degree {yay}
- I've been here long enough I'm a mom now
- Feel free to PM me for any help/guides/links/questions
- Looking for Mass WL swaps
- Looking for semi/Lit rp
She/her ~ bi wife energy ~ Adult
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aequilibrium » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:45 am

I think these look like much more realistic prices for the rares+ considering the guides for the original rarities! The prices for the lower rarities might be a bit expensive though? I'm not so used to C$ trades for these rarities so I hope someone adds another opinion on this. Regardless, I really appreciate this table and I will definitely be using it ♡

Edit: I just opened the link and noticed the prices for the lower rarities have been updated, they look better now!

Edit 2: just checked the new values, I feel like the regular adoptables' values are pretty expensive now and stray a bit from the values used with the previous rarity system.
Last edited by aequilibrium on Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ae | she/her | adult

aequilibrium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:00 pm

I like these but I'd be interested to see if anyone who agrees with making dates less important is willing to make on with that in mind. Like considering the 5 year gap for example

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LavenderRain » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:08 pm

Sashtato wrote:I like these but I'd be interested to see if anyone who agrees with making dates less important is willing to make on with that in mind. Like considering the 5 year gap for example

I think all the talk about a 5 year gap is very new, so we'll definitely have to see whether it says or not. I personally am not a fan of the 5 year gap idea, but I'll acknowledge that that's mostly because I'm just so used to the old way of things 😅
Adult ▪ Female ▪ Married ▪ Image▪ Christian ▪ Sept. 14th ▪ Artist
Toyhouse DeviantArt DA Adopts CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:13 pm

I completely look forward to seeing the C$ values of stores be tweaked or at least evaluated. Pre-new rarities I’ve seen people want ~24C$ for pets from around 2021 and one person legitimately wanting to spend 150C$ on an OMGSR. Granted the new rarities will throughly screw up C$ prices, which is a given, but being a C$ trader… I’m not allowed to post and say I’m marking this, but at the same time, I am.

Pre-new rarities a common price I saw for event rares was 5-10C$. I know this cause I hoard certain rare event pets 😂 It was honestly a 50/50 on which price was more common but if needed I’m sure I can dig out the trades.

A good (if not complete) C$ value overhaul would be nice, too. Because there’s so many new OMGs I feel that’ll be the main battle. Some stayed OMG and some went through the roof to become OMG.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spyro » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:54 am

Values always vary depending on the person and demand of specific pets, but I'd say this is a pretty nice and easy to use guide!
~
Spyro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:42 pm

Horror has MAs listed as 300 C$ and these are mostly from 2008 and are ER and OMGSR. That should be a base and work backwards from there. I don't want to see C$ prices go even higher with this char listing a similar pet at double to triple the price.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me