February 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby Cyrinus » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:20 pm

little dragon's Mum wrote:Loving these gorgeous cocoons:

Pet's name: Sherbet

Would love a PPS!

I was thinking the caterpillars looked live olives. Maybe they are some plant or vegetable after all.
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:34 pm

Cyrinus wrote:
little dragon's Mum wrote:Loving these gorgeous cocoons:

Pet's name: Sherbet

Would love a PPS!

I was thinking the caterpillars looked live olives. Maybe they are some plant or vegetable after all.

I'm with Rednomad, who brought up loofahs!
Rednomad wrote:My guess is loofahs πŸ˜… they are green aswell..
Thank you for your design πŸ˜ƒ

Saikiyo hinted that lots of people know what they are, but not what they look like, which tracks for loofas. Not many people know that they're actually just the fibrous 'skeleton' of a fruit (vegetable?) and therefore don't know what they actually look like despite them being very common objects!
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about the loofah theory myself. This is what the loofah fruit looks like, which doesn't really match the caterpillar or the cocoon that grew tonight. I could be wrong of course, but I'm thinking it's some other obscure fruit/veggie.
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
x
x
x

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present
β™‘

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:56 pm

True, it doesn't really look much like the fresh loofah fruit, but it does kind of look like the dried fruit before it's cleaned
Although, it is still only day 2, I may be totally off, haha
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampire (Hallows) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:38 pm

So far I am excited about all of the babies for this month butImage these draft horses look so adorable!

Also i thought i'd mention, when you hover over the Archives tab 2023 is missing still.
These lovely babies just need views, but clicking and/or feeding is appreciated.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Vampire (Hallows)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:45 pm

{y'all got me confused as heck talking about loofahs and I'm sitting here going "these don't look like shower puffs but maybe they'll grow into it" 😭😭 I didn't even know there was a plant called that hahaha omg. I love how the cocoon looks :0c}
{The black white and red theme for tonight πŸ‘Œ ah I hope we get a nice koi PPS otter!}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baroness-Pets » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:45 pm

Nooo I adore Koi designs so of course I had to miss the first one :lol: Very excited for this litter!
    xxxxxxxx───────── β™š ─────────
    xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx Baroness-Pets
    xxxxxxxxxxxLesbian || She/Her || Adult || Β© Decor

xxxxxxxx───────── β™š ─────────

xxxxxxxxxβ€œπ™½πš˜πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πšŒπšŠπš— πš‹πšŽ πšŽπš‘πšŠπšŒπšπš•πš’ πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πš–πšŽ.
    xxxxxxxxxxxπš‚πš˜πš–πšŽπšπš’πš–πšŽπšœ πšŽπšŸπšŽπš— 𝙸 πš‘πšŠπšŸπšŽ πšπš›πš˜πšžπš‹πš•πšŽ
    xxxxxxxxxxxπšπš˜πš’πš—πš πš’πš.”

xxxxxx.xxxxxImage
Baroness-Pets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyca » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:10 pm

Boo & Shady wrote:Ooh same colour scheme for the otters and macaws, I’m intrigued to see how they grow!

I think the otters might vary a bit seeing as they may be koi inspired, but I noticed that too! I'm not usually a red fan but when it's paired with white and black I loveee it
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

Pyca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 pm

Baroness-Pets wrote: Nooo I adore Koi designs so of course I had to miss the first one :lol: Very excited for this litter!

I also missed this first otter oof XD It's such a cutie, I can't wait to see the rest of them grow!
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FleshCanvas » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:14 pm

Catsplat18 wrote: I don't buy stores but these are very creative! Loch ness monsters?

FreddyCenobite wrote:I don't care what anyone says, I'm calling it the lochness snake of CS

Ahehehe, yes! The original lines were supposed to be loch-ness monster based :lol:
iHolli wrote:

{And the store pets are so cool! Are they based on specific sea monsters or just kind of general sea themes? I'm obsessed with the toxic green one tbh.}

.Holli.

They are loosely based off some monster/sea creature/snake mythologies- Some of them were quite obscure as well LOL
- BΓΈyg
"The BΓΈyg, also referred to as the "Great BΓΈyg of Etnedal" is a legendary gnome-like creature in Scandinavian folklore.- It is commonly characterized as a giant, slimy serpent which stands as a hindrance to travellers. The name means 'bend', 'twist' or 'curve'."

- Lou Carcolh
"Lou Carcolh, or the Carcolh, is a mythical beast from French folklore. It's described as a large, slimy, snail-like serpent with hairy tentacles and a large shell."

- Kukulkan
"Kukulkan, "Plumed Serpent", "Amazing Serpent") is the name of a Mesoamerican serpent deity that was worshipped by the Yucatec Maya people- Kukulcan is the feathered serpent god in many Mesoamerican cultures"

- Brosno
"The Brosno dragon, also known as Brosnya (Russian: Бросня), is a lake monster which in Russian folklore is said to inhabit Lake Brosno near Andreapol in western Russia" - "but stories about a monster in Lake Brosno abound, essentially making β€œBrosnya” Russia’s equivalent of the Loch Ness monster."

SO- Essentially they are loch ness sea monsters with some mythological twists (from my persepctive anyway ahah) I really hope you guys like them though (personally I'm team slimey lochness monster, love that one :twisted: )
FleshCanvas
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me