CS Pet Unique Lineart Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Unique Lineart Guide

Postby daybreak. » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:49 am

LunaLate wrote:
The owner of the thread doesn’t seem to be updating it so I decided to list notable unique linearts since then (November 2021).

Glad to see this get picked up, I think it's such a fun topic!

Just a small thing I noticed: you listed these hippocampi as coming from horse lines, but I think they're draft horses at the second stage.

ImageImageImage
>>>
Image vs Image
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catra » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:23 am

daybreak. wrote:
LunaLate wrote:
The owner of the thread doesn’t seem to be updating it so I decided to list notable unique linearts since then (November 2021).

Just a small thing I noticed: you listed these hippocampi as coming from horse lines, but I think they're draft horses at the second stage.

ImageImageImage
>>>
Image vs Image

LunaLate, thank you for the updates!!! very helpful!

i was wondering if maybe we could ask the thread owner if a new, updated thread could be made. i would love to help out with that if needed!
╭──────────.★..─╮
.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.

just here to be silly :3
eli ~ adult ~ EST

feel free to say hello!

.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.
╰─..★.───────────────╯
catra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:24 am

catra wrote:
daybreak. wrote:
LunaLate wrote:

ImageImageImage
>>>
Image vs Image

LunaLate, thank you for the updates!!! very helpful!

i was wondering if maybe we could ask the thread owner if a new, updated thread could be made. i would love to help out with that if needed!

I fixed the PPS draft horses! I’m happy if people enjoy my update ^^
Yes I think this thread is very helpful but I think it would be nice to have a new updated thread and I would be happy to help! Also the thread could be expanded to include more confusing pets like event pets from previous years! Even though the original owner of the thread didn’t want that, it could be much shorter if you only include one of each litter.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icescape » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:41 pm

Hello hello, thread owner here!

To catch up on replies...
*To catra: These lines are not featured here due to already being covered by Magen's Staff Dog Guide. Check this post!
*Raven Child had some questions answered via pm.
*LunaLate had some things messaged via pm. But to others regarding the post. No offense was taken to it! So no one feel afraid to voice opinions. Also, a lot of the pets in the post will be added for sure and others will be considered. I just have to properly go over.
*If I missed anyone or someone needs a reply from me let me know!

To those concerned about the lack of updates... I will try to catch this thread up and hopefully keep it from getting so far behind again. At this time there is no plans to have the thread go under new ownership. However, that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. I am not very active on CS anymore due to a variety of reasons which makes when I do visit not interested in spending the time updating threads. But for now I will see if I can be better to not disappoint you all.

Regarding the future... I have a potential update in mind which will makes updates take a whole lot less time, and hopefully look clearer. Although I like having everything lined out the way it is currently, it is starting to not look as clean now. So I have prepped an example of this potential update so that it can be voted on via poll so thread visitors can choose what is overall best for the majority. Depending on the vote will decide how the thread goes forward. So the thread will be updated after this poll. Although the poll will have no specified end date just yet. But the update being after the poll I will potentially save time by not having to turn around and delete what I added due to format change.
This example will be posted soon after this post itself is finished. Stay tuned!
Also a notice that I plan to change the wording and whatnot of what comes under "So what is included here?". Hopefully I can clarify things a bit better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archive of current poll before new poll.
Near thread creation date? - March 30, 2024
Is this thread useful to anyone?
*Yes, I like it. - 105/91%
*Yes, but it could be done better. - 9/8%
*No, I don't have a use for it. - 1/1%
*No, it's too hard to understand. - 0/-
*Other. (Please post?) - 1/1%
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Pet Unique Lineart Guide - New Poll!

Postby Icescape » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 am

A poll is being held to determine how to display pets on this guide going forward.
Below are two examples.*
Please vote on the poll in accordance with which option you prefer. Thank you!

*The text above the pet images may change regardless of option chosen! Please do not make your choice based on this.

Option one!
This first example is the current way pets are displayed. Every single pet is pictured with the date for each pet being listed below it.
Frogs
These are edited from PPS chameleons.
Image Image Image Image
Cave Event 2021 - Cave Event 2021 - Cave Event 2021 - Cave Event 2021
Image Image Image Image
Cave Event 2021 - Cave Event 2021 - Cave Event 2021 - Cave Event 2021
Image Image Image
Halloween 2021 - Halloween 2021 - Halloween 2021
Image Image Image
Halloween 2021 - Halloween 2021 - Halloween 2021
Image Image Image Image
Easter 2022 - Easter 2022 - Easter 2022 - Easter 2022
Image Image Image Image
Easter 2022 - Camping Event 2023 - Camping Event 2023 - Camping Event 2023
Image Image Image Image
Camping Event 2023 - Camping Event 2023 - Camping Event 2023 - Christmas 2023
Image Image Image Image
Christmas 2023 - Christmas 2023 - Christmas 2023 - February 2024
Image Image Image Image
February 2024 - February 2024 - February 2024 - February 2024

Option two!
This second example is a potential future option on how to display pets. Only one (or a few if the lines have returned with further significant changes) is shown. All of the times the lines have been released are listed below the image(s).
(Number of pets per release date may be listed.)
Frogs
These frogs are edited PPS Chameleons.
These custom lines were first seen during the summer Cave Event of 2021. Since then the lines have appeared at least once every year.
Image Image Image
Cave Event 2021
Halloween 2021
Easter 2022
Camping Event 2023
Christmas 2023
February 2024
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:00 am

Glad to see you back and the thread being updated! Honestly while I like seeing all the pets displayed (Option 1), I voted for Option 2 because it seems way less labor-intensive going forward c:
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icescape » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:45 am

Thank you, daybreak! Yep, that is true about option 2 which is why I considered the change in the first place. I welcome any comments on why users voted the way they did so thank you for your post! I appreciate it!
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icescape » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:32 am

Small announcement!
Poll will be ending in 24 hours!

Due to new species on CS in recent years I have shifted some species around to make places for them. Because of this the links in the first post to species posts no longer go to the species sections they say that they do. I am not too familiar with polls so I'm not sure if updating the first post will restart it which I do not want to do but I also don't want to end it without warning.
So the first post will be corrected tomorrow! I already have the text ready.
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icescape » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:08 am

The poll has ended! Thank you to all who voted!
As per poll results the thread will be keeping the current format.

Archive of poll.
April 1, 2024 - April 13, 2024
How do you want pets to be displayed here going forward?
*Option 1! (How they currently are.) - 16/80%
*Option 2! (New way.) - 3/15%
*No preference. Just want thread updated. - 1/5%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have already begun to add pets that needed to be added. Most of what I feel are the more prominent ones are added. However, there's still some to go over.
Any text on the thread is still requiring to be updated. Suggestions for what to put over each pet/pet group are welcome. I am also looking for names of pets without them. If any pet has a name the community calls it and it's not listed please let me know!

That's all I know to say for now but as always posts are welcome! (Seriously trying not to double post unless I need to. :? )
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 am

Thanks for the update!

Some names I saw you ask for in the OP:

• Rock
    I've seen "pet rock" or "googly-eyed rock"
  • Angel Fox Fountain Lines
    I would call these Cupid B-wolves, even if the original fountain ends up being an outlier.

Sometimes CS transpets adds community pet names to their archives if they exist. That might help you out on your hunt for litter names, but I think some pets are not traded enough to have those (un)official tags yet... such is the case or the "Duo Butterfly Wolves" and the 2021 mutant rats; I don't think they have community names yet c:
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me