How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby SoccerKat27 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:29 pm

I didn’t know where to post this but I have themed groups and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for what other pets I could add to my Harry Potter group?

accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=7997144&userid=147876
Strawberry
ImageImageImage
SoccerKat27

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jained » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:23 am

When I first started cs I sorted my pets by species but the lines started to get to blurred for me and I didnt always know where to put a pet so it got soooo confusing.
So at the moment im sorting by rarity which I love.
Its super convenient during the mid month updates when rarity gets updated, im able to see if theres suddenly 5 rares in my euc groups I know that those boys got moved up.
I will buy 10 of ANY pets for c$1
₊⁺✧₊ Spotify! ₊˚ʚ♡ɞ˚₊ Trade Post! ₊✧⁺₊
Jained

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fenric » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:34 am

Trade groups are sorted by rarity

My faves are sorted by species

CHAOS, CHAOS! I CAN DO ANYTHING!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Adult player - he/him
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

trades / collection

Fenric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Sherbet » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:37 pm

Geez, I fell off that wagon years ago. I used to have a method to organizing my pets on here but after a while it got too crowded so now I have hundreds if not thousands of unorganized pets, lol. If you've been on here as long as I have the numbers add up way too fast.
I had the name Sherbet, please don't use it!
Rainbow Sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Love » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:45 am

Rainbow Sherbet wrote:Geez, I fell off that wagon years ago. I used to have a method to organizing my pets on here but after a while it got too crowded so now I have hundreds if not thousands of unorganized pets, lol. If you've been on here as long as I have the numbers add up way too fast.

Me too, as a returning player, I have about 4000 pets unorganized. I feel so overwhelmed that I just don't know what I want to do. Also I don't know if I'll run out of folders.
Ruby-Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 am

creating a category like trades, years, collections, favorites, etc with sub categories to sort with rarity for example is a great way to organize. you can put groups into order with numbers or letters.

if you have 1000's of ungrouped pets, I HIGHLY recommend using the chrome extension chicken smoothie helper. you can select pets by rarity, and year, as well as rename pets all at once. if you have a single group with LOTS of mixed pets, put this at the end of your url up top: "=0&pageSize=10000"

that way you can use the helper extension to select 100's at once. kinda silly how cs doesn't have something like this yet lol but thank goodness for people who put in the time and work for the extensions.

hope this helps some of yall out that are new or returning!!

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022
Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pinetreesheep » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 pm

I organize my pets by month and event ^w^
(And a few groups for trades, event trades, store trades, and random special collections as needed.)
Although, lately ive been wanting to organize the months also by year
ex. June 2010, June 2011, June 2012 etc. but then I’d have way too many groups so I think I’m better off having 1 group for all normal June pets etc. and 1 group per event type and just shove all years that fit that category into that same group :3 like I’ve been doing! lol
Image 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓹! ~ 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻 Image
𝒜𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔…
𝒷𝓊𝑔𝓈 | 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 | 𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉

pinetreesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpiglottalAxolotl » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:49 pm

I have my pets divided into five main categories: favorites, completed litters, event pets, miscellaneous pets, and trades/doubles. Completed litters and miscellaneous pets are grouped by species; event pets are grouped by events.

There are some species I don't have a lot of, so they don't get their own group. For example, my rodents (miscellaneous) group recently got large enough that I had to divide it into "hamsters" and "hampters".

A hamster:

A hampter:
The above forum post was manufactured in a facility that also processes eggs, shellfish, and shellfish eggs.
Image Image Image ImageImageImage
EpiglottalAxolotl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PansyPossum » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

I prioritize all my groups with symbols, the first being * My dreamies/faves, Halloween pets (my favorite holiday), and my 1 little hoard. Then ** and *** are other fun themed folders I like to see. Usually holidays or interesting concepts, like food, toxic sludge green pets, or sci-fi themed pets.

After that I have the very important Nursery for growing pets and Trade folder. For bigger events I sometimes make a temporary event trade folder for easier swapping.

Then folders marked with = are themed folders based on more realistic animals! Its satisfying for me to look at all the realistic colors and patterns all together. == are also aesthetic based groups for me. Recently added a Black and White group, and Staff Pets all together! I only just made my staff group and grabbed as many as I could from my existing folders, so I'm excited to start finding more of those to collect! More color themed groups may come in the future!

After that are just my regular animal groups, all the dogs, cats, horses etc etc. If they don't have a specific theme I already have a group for, that's where they go!
I like to have fun with sorting and grouping together, so while it's not as intuitive as sorting by year or species alone, I have so much fun with it!!
he/they pronouns
Always open to trading my duplicates!
Pet's name: Lazlo
PansyPossum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phoenix Rising » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 pm

I’ve got mine sorted like this

Hoards Border Folder
Hoard Folders
^at the top of my groups

Year Border Folder (with a single placeholder pet for trading visibility)
Monthlies Border Folder (with all my monthly duplicates)
Month Folders (with mini-events in sub-folders (international dog day, pride pets, staff/gh litters, etc.) underneath their respective months)
Events Border Folder (with all my event duplicates)
Event Folders
^repeated for 2024-2008

It took me a while to get it all sorted out (like two years) but I recently finished (as in earlier today) and I love it.
Phoenix Rising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me