How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby peachypunk » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:26 am

My groups are a mess but for the most part I have them organized in order, definitely doing a better overhaul when I get a school break though
I have categories for each group and each group in that category starts with the same letter

The first part is a mess they’re all marked with a variation of 1 1 1 1), 1 1 1)- 1 1 7) 1A:,
1 1 1 1) These are all random but I put them all at the top because they’re used the most when first sorting pets out of the “Pets without a group”

1 1 1)- 1 1 7) are all organized by rarity to be sorted into either my personal keeps or for trade/sell

1A: Special Collections that don’t go into other groups such as pets I’ve dressed up, store pet collection, staff pet collection etc

C A)- C X) The C stands for collection and the A-X part is just so the groups stay in alphabetical order. These are pets I’m keeping just to keep, they’re not my favorites but I also want to keep at least 1 just for the sake of it.
For example “C A) Bats”, Then “C B) Bunnies”, “C C) Butterfly Wolves”

F A) - F Z) The F stands for Favorites and basically these are all my favorite pets organized by animal, certain animals get an extra group to separate PPS from the Adults
For example F B) Bunnies and F B) PPS Bunnies

H) The H is for Hoards
For example H) Unicorn Rats

Then the last is Z (Old Nostalgia)
These are groups from my first years on CS when I was young and I couldn’t bear to break them apart so I put them at the bottom since they’re not groups I look at often/ they have silly names that are embarrassing
Example Z (Old Nostalgia) Archie X Cleo Family
peachypunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dysautonomia » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Interestingly I stumbled across this thread right when I was just starting to get an idea to maybe do some reorganization.

I now notice that since the rarity change, most of my rares are very rare and I'm...going to have to do things over. Has anyone else reorganized due to the new rarity changes?
▐▌

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
♡.﹀﹀.♡

Brandi she/they
i make no apologies
for how i choose to
repair what you
....broke....

✊🏻✊🏼✊🏾✊🏿
#BlackLivesMatter

ੈ✩‧₊˚

dms open
⤻✔pings

my trade center
collections/adopts
auction thread
wishlist givers inc

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
Dysautonomia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P1nkStrawberryBurst » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:34 pm

Oh! I love question!

I put all newly adopted pets in the "Nursery" and if there's ones I don't like I put them in the trade folder.

I have a folder for dogs, cats, my dreamies (wish came true) and a "cottage core" tag where I put all my deer, horses, and bunnies. I have a folder for Hamsters too.

This might change as I accumulate more pets, I love going through people's profiles to see how they sort pets.
P1nkStrawberryBurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:38 am

According to the achieves I have 4500 pets which seems like a lot so they have to be organized. I collect all species, even the ones that aren’t my favorites. Most of them are organized by species, not all species have their own groups tho, especially if I don’t have a lot of one species, because I like big groups with lots of pets opposed to small groups. So all rodents (and pets on rodent lines, even if they aren’t technically rodents) go into my “rodents” group. I have a “miscellaneous” group which has unicorns, lions, and dragons in it but I’ve been thinking about breaking that group up.
Here is what else I do:
All growing pets are in the “pets without a group” because I like looking at them right when I open the “my pets”. Also there’s a lot of random pets I haven’t organized yet in there. When the pets grow up they go in a group for this month so I have all of the current month pets together. I keep them in that group until they get their rarities or I get tired of them and really just want to put them in the species group. Then I have a “staging” group which I put pets I’ve got in trades waiting to be named and sorted, because I really want my pets to have good names but I forget to do that once they’re sorted so they all go in the staging group where I proceed to forget about them for months. (There are over 1600 in there right now)
Then I have three trading groups (I don’t have many in there), one for extras, event extras, and pets I don’t have duplicates of that I might still trade.
Then I have my collections- pound pets; three favorites groups- one for pets uncommon and under, one for very and extremely commons, and one for rare pets which I put all the rare pets I have from before I joined because they somehow feel more special than the event rares since I’ve joined. Then I have my “Birthday” group, I collect pets born on my birthday.
I also have some hoard groups but they are just named after the species so they go with the species groups. I have a group for pets I don’t like looking at very much but still want to keep. Then some event groups but I don’t know if I’m going to keep those or disband them. My groups change a lot as I try to get better at organizing, I’m always making new groups and disbanding others.
(I was really tired when I wrote this, sorry if it is incomprehensible or confusing)
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby viperflame » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:24 pm

i organize them by species!

but first I put them in sections, the first one being my general, where there's my "pets without group", "favorites" and the "growing up". this section I use the most
and then it's the trades where's this month's, events, unknow rarity (when the month changes and the event is over, these pets go there) and finally the overall. I though about organizing the trades by rarity but the rarity is almost always the same xP

and finally the pets! like I said in the beginning, they go by species in the archive even if the lineart change. some have subcategories 'cuz it's easier to find them (like the horses have "horse", "horse: draft", "horse: ponies" and that forces them all to be one next the other so it's easier for me to find them and put them there)
the exception of the lineart are the macaws, that there's both the perched and flying bc it was awfully, for me, to visuallize them togheter like that

and then there's a special category for PPS and staff dogs!
I thought about putting the PPS in like a second subcategory in the pets thanks to a user I saw doing that but it would be too much work so I left them there. and since there's like, one PPS per litter, the PPS are organized by similar species irl

and for the staff dogs I wanted to put them togheter bc they have this specific look, always a specific aesthetic so it would be nice to see them togheter!

oh, and everytime I hit 100 (or 200, 300...) species of a pet, I name them that c: (so I kinda always make sure there's no dupe in that tab)
x
xxxxxxx
viperflame 🎀 she/her 🎀 brazil !!

call me viper!
lions, otters and
dragons collector c:

x
x
x
navigation !!
🎀 trading post
🎀 furry-paws (a dog game)
🎀 icepets
🎀 ©
viperflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ActualAmadeus » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:11 am

ohhoho, I have put a lot into my trading groups!

I'm not as focused on rare pets as I am on having at least one of every pet. Currently I only have 13 completed months and 14 completed events between now and 2018, but we're getting there!

I sort by year>month>event. Years line up chronologically, of course, and each month has a letter, A-L so they line up alphabetically within their year. Events have an added letter so they line up under the month that they start in. so December is "20xx l dec," "20xx ll advent" "20xx lll hanukkah" But this image shows it better than I can tell it (i also just saw the extra B in my lunar new year group... whoops ;p)

it's not very complicated, but it means i have ~25 pet groups for every year. And then 11 groups dedicated to my three hoards, favorites, dreamies, "to be sorted," "duplicates to be sorted," and my three trading groups (which are where I put all my dupes).

it takes a while to sort all my pets, I currently have 100+ waiting in my "to be sorted" group from only a few trades.

Since i take even the super common pets, people will just dump them on me en mass! Which I am fine with- this is how I get most months filled out, but man! it can take some time to clean up!
ActualAmadeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dysautonomia » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:49 am

ActualAmadeus wrote:ohhoho, I have put a lot into my trading groups!

I'm not as focused on rare pets as I am on having at least one of every pet. Currently I only have 13 completed months and 14 completed events between now and 2018, but we're getting there!

I sort by year>month>event. Years line up chronologically, of course, and each month has a letter, A-L so they line up alphabetically within their year. Events have an added letter so they line up under the month that they start in. so December is "20xx l dec," "20xx ll advent" "20xx lll hanukkah" But this image shows it better than I can tell it (i also just saw the extra B in my lunar new year group... whoops ;p)

it's not very complicated, but it means i have ~25 pet groups for every year. And then 11 groups dedicated to my three hoards, favorites, dreamies, "to be sorted," "duplicates to be sorted," and my three trading groups (which are where I put all my dupes).

it takes a while to sort all my pets, I currently have 100+ waiting in my "to be sorted" group from only a few trades.

Since i take even the super common pets, people will just dump them on me en mass! Which I am fine with- this is how I get most months filled out, but man! it can take some time to clean up!

Your breakdown makes my brain very happy. I appreciate the dedication to sorting. I too have several sort groups. :lol:
I'm currently redoing things and I'm a bit jumbled but I love seeing someone else break down the pets so much!
▐▌

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
♡.﹀﹀.♡

Brandi she/they
i make no apologies
for how i choose to
repair what you
....broke....

✊🏻✊🏼✊🏾✊🏿
#BlackLivesMatter

ੈ✩‧₊˚

dms open
⤻✔pings

my trade center
collections/adopts
auction thread
wishlist givers inc

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
Dysautonomia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LilacLion » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:52 am

Right now they're organized by species mostly but I want to go back and separate out pets that are from events and from litters that aren't all the same species and put them in a group by themselves. I also have a group for my favorites, growing/unknown rarity, Staff dogs, GH cats, and 2 duplicates/trades groups
LilacLion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiny Magikarp » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:55 am

i keep them in easy to trade for/harder to trade for groups and in these groups theyre sorted by rarity. rares+ are in the other group. i also have a "welcome" group for pets with items added, nft group with pets i adore the most and collection groups with pets i collect - cats and lions!
Shiny Magikarp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby deftonesly » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:07 am

i have a folder for each species of pet; nothing is combined. rats, syrian hamsters, guinea pigs, and dwarf hamsters each have their own folder, for example; same with sitting cats vs regular cats in their own respective groups.
      i have full-grown pets in their proper species folder, despite what the pet may look like (i.e., "cows" which is just the pony lifework, are in my pony folder). each species has their own folder for growing pets, titled: "growing ..." i have a folder strictly for my store pets instead of putting them with their likewise species. and for my duplicates, i have them in "FOR TRADE" folders, which are broken down by rarity, going all the way from omgsc to omgsr.
      i used to have combined groups (i.e., "rodents" and "equines") but i got really bored one day lol and decided to separate everything out. i don't participate in hoarding; never really has interested me and i prefer not to hold onto doubles. :3
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━━━━
my name is emma // storage
3/256 lions left to complete my collection!
currently reading : the ballad of songbirds and snakes
by suzanne collins
━━━━ ━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —
ImageImage
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups