What has happened to the community?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What has happened to the community?

Postby Toxi+Bbun » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:23 am

Cookie1992 wrote:Well one thing i do get is that older store pets are a pain to get. The other pets all get released again each year but store is a one time offer and only the number of people buying them decides how many of them will be around. Sadly os I still want a freaking skellebun; which sadly is about the rarest of all store pets >.<

I think only the Halloween 09 ones get re-released (I have a re-release Sleipnir and I think I've seen a few orange cerbs around on the dec. 18 date) but even then the quantities are really small... I'd wish they'd re-release more bc honestly this is getting ridiculous
Toxi's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝June 16, 2019
Big oof ya know.
Much love. ❤❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Fursona and Characters
Image Image
Bbun's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝Bit inactive but still always checking!❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Pony CharactersPet Adoptables
Image Image

This account is shared by two people.
{Bbun types normally.}
[Toxi signs, centers, and smalls her posts.]

~Thanks to Twilight Sparkle for our avatar!~
~Thanks to dizzy blossoms. for our siggy!~

Toxi+Bbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lifeisatale » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:32 am

I am aware of the whole greed on this site though I do really enjoy the game. And I really want to be able to obtain all the pets even the older ones which now will seem impossible if you don't extremely overpay :/ like I also find it unfair how some species are lower on demand all because people don't like them take rats for example. I adore them and to me have same value as any other species. I do love this game though for the social aspect and art mostly.
-Under Construction-
lifeisatale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:43 am

Toxi+Bbun wrote:
Cookie1992 wrote:Well one thing i do get is that older store pets are a pain to get. The other pets all get released again each year but store is a one time offer and only the number of people buying them decides how many of them will be around. Sadly os I still want a freaking skellebun; which sadly is about the rarest of all store pets >.<

I think only the Halloween 09 ones get re-released (I have a re-release Sleipnir and I think I've seen a few orange cerbs around on the dec. 18 date) but even then the quantities are really small... I'd wish they'd re-release more bc honestly this is getting ridiculous

The purple sleipnir was a token pet. The brown sleipnir was a 2010 store pet.

I've only heard of the orange cerberus getting rereleased in 2010, and I think that was a mistake. I have not seen any store pets get rereleased at any other time, nor do I think there were ever any plans to do so
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxi+Bbun » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 am

nickjr wrote:
Toxi+Bbun wrote:

The purple sleipnir was a token pet. The brown sleipnir was a 2010 store pet.

I've only heard of the orange cerberus getting rereleased in 2010, and I think that was a mistake. I have not seen any store pets get rereleased at any other time, nor do I think there were ever any plans to do so

OH WOW is it?? I didn't know that :O Thought that it was a store pet alongside the Cerb like the April '10 pair. Thank you! Still though I swear I feel like I've seen re-released orange cerbs before but not sure how... (I'm sorry for being a little OT although I do think they should re-release at least the '09 ones so that maybe with a lowered value, it might kill some of the greed?)
Toxi's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝June 16, 2019
Big oof ya know.
Much love. ❤❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Fursona and Characters
Image Image
Bbun's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝Bit inactive but still always checking!❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Pony CharactersPet Adoptables
Image Image

This account is shared by two people.
{Bbun types normally.}
[Toxi signs, centers, and smalls her posts.]

~Thanks to Twilight Sparkle for our avatar!~
~Thanks to dizzy blossoms. for our siggy!~

Toxi+Bbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 am

nickjr wrote:I've only heard of the orange cerberus getting rereleased in 2010, and I think that was a mistake. I have not seen any store pets get rereleased at any other time, nor do I think there were ever any plans to do so

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 am

ZΕL wrote:
nickjr wrote:I've only heard of the orange cerberus getting rereleased in 2010, and I think that was a mistake. I have not seen any store pets get rereleased at any other time, nor do I think there were ever any plans to do so

Welp guess I didn't look around enough lol dang

Edit: wait a sec... weren't they available into December 2009

Edit2: nevermind they were available up to November 16. Dunno why I had December 29 in my head. Memory y u fail me -gets whiteout and a pen-
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 am

What has happened to the community? The same thing that happens to every online community, it got bigger.

In 2008, it was easy to help each other out because there was only a handful of us. Not sure about you, but I knew what was on everyone's wishlist.
What everyone's favorite pet was.
What pet they didn't care for.
There wasn't even a giveaway board back then, but you could find the certain people willing to give up a few pets if you didn't get the outcomes you needed.
It was easy with only a few hundred pets to keep track of and maybe a thousand active members to trade with.

Now? I couldn't possibly do that even if I tried. At half a million members and nearly 10 thousand pets?

Haven't you ever had a class like that? a class with less than 10 people vs. an entire auditorium of students. It's much easier to hide and coast along in the larger class whereas in the smaller class, you have to pay attention. CS is kinda the same in that with the anonymity comes the opportunity to be meaner.
Back in 2008 I had a few dozen people to talk to and 5 that babysat my account if I couldn't get on in time. Now?
The last time I had a "penpal" through PMs, she ended up leaving the site. This was years ago and its only gone downhill. Too many people, zero connections to fellow players. Everyone's all racing for the same thing and with that race comes supply and demand. Rare pets only get rarer as people leave and new members join the site.

I've found that even as early as 2010, the only way to get pets was to play and trade offsite and that's what I've been doing since. There's just no way to keep up with on-site demand, you have to literally seek out someone who's leaving and values the pets at fair trade or less in order to keep up. But it's all taken a lot of time and effort.

Keep in mind that a fair number of users on this site are children. Patience, self-control and general nicety (when you don't want to) are all learned behaviors and not all of us are on the same page yet.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cookie1992 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 am

myth + destiny wrote:I'm sorry you've had such a bad restart into CS, sadly the community has been massively bent by greed, it's awful what some people have done using that gosh awful word "demand". I understand how you feel in a way, I went on a break 2013-15 time and when I finally got back into the game, what I found.. its awful. So many people are rude, undermining, lie and cheat.. its immensely difficult sometimes, but I promise there are some true users here who care about each other and general happiness and well being than greed. They're out there, I promise. :'3

Sadly Im affraid I will not encounter them when Im trying to trade for the few things on my wishlist XD I know there are still good people out there; the trade for my july pps was not too bad for example and I did get a few of the 2009 bunnies (i thought just about all of the vr ones were listies) for not too much.

ZΕL wrote:

Well that is actually good to know, although I dont think it happened too often as that skellebun is still about the rarest store pet ive come across XD

Shian wrote:What has happened to the community? The same thing that happens to every online community, it got bigger.

In 2008, it was easy to help each other out because there was only a handful of us. Not sure about you, but I knew what was on everyone's wishlist.
What everyone's favorite pet was.
What pet they didn't care for.
There wasn't even a giveaway board back then, but you could find the certain people willing to give up a few pets if you didn't get the outcomes you needed.
It was easy with only a few hundred pets to keep track of and maybe a thousand active members to trade with.

Now? I couldn't possibly do that even if I tried. At half a million members and nearly 10 thousand pets?

Haven't you ever had a class like that? a class with less than 10 people vs. an entire auditorium of students. It's much easier to hide and coast along in the larger class whereas in the smaller class, you have to pay attention. CS is kinda the same in that with the anonymity comes the opportunity to be meaner.
Back in 2008 I had a few dozen people to talk to and 5 that babysat my account if I couldn't get on in time. Now?
The last time I had a "penpal" through PMs, she ended up leaving the site. This was years ago and its only gone downhill. Too many people, zero connections to fellow players. Everyone's all racing for the same thing and with that race comes supply and demand. Rare pets only get rarer as people leave and new members join the site.

I've found that even as early as 2010, the only way to get pets was to play and trade offsite and that's what I've been doing since. There's just no way to keep up with on-site demand, you have to literally seek out someone who's leaving and values the pets at fair trade or less in order to keep up. But it's all taken a lot of time and effort.

Keep in mind that a fair number of users on this site are children. Patience, self-control and general nicety (when you don't want to) are all learned behaviors and not all of us are on the same page yet.

I never knew what was on anyones wishlist honestly, I got a few people from another site that played too back then that gifted me (its where all 3 of my sun dogs came from) but beyond that it never felt like a close family for me. But people were willing to trade and they just wanted what they needed to complete as much of their collection as possible. Thats what I remember.

Of course I understand that we cannot help everyone out and know what everyone wants, I don't trade unless I get something of my wishlist back (okay I do trade a common if that is what someone needs but thats about it). But at the same time I always try to give my trading partner as much of their wishlist back as I can. But people seriously take offence if I offer on their 2015 rare with 3 or even 4 2009 uncommons from their wishlist.

People simply have no clue what things are worth or what is logical and fair. People blindly follow that list and if they dont know about that list of the values themselves then they go ask advise in the "is this a fair trade" topic; which is again filled by people that blindly follow the list too.

Sadly the only things I could do offsite aren't accesable as its not allowed to pay for things with deviantArt points and the site I used to use has been closed since 2011 >.<
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cookie1992

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yamper » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 am

Demand is a pain in the butt, honestly :^( I recently came back properly after being kind of gone for the last few years. After coming back, I decided I'd love to own a Sunback and I was positive I could get one until I realised its demand makes it worth the same as the UR tiger dog??? So I'm slowly giving up on ever getting it as I simply can't deliver what people want. I have an UR Aussie dog but because of it's "poor demand", it's only worth a non to some people? It's frustrating but luckily I'm just as happy with my non-list pets that I've collected since 2008! :^)

[ simmy // she/her // adult ]
- active very sporadically

roses trades hoards
sig art // avi art
yamper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cookie1992 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 am

Monneeh wrote:

Demand is a pain in the butt, honestly :^( I recently came back properly after being kind of gone for the last few years. After coming back, I decided I'd love to own a Sunback and I was positive I could get one until I realised its demand makes it worth the same as the UR tiger dog??? So I'm slowly giving up on ever getting it as I simply can't deliver what people want. I have an UR Aussie dog but because of it's "poor demand", it's only worth a non to some people? It's frustrating but luckily I'm just as happy with my non-list pets that I've collected since 2008! :^)

Well you dont want to know what I had to pay for my UR Aussie XD It nearly makes me cry to think back to it and that for something that is so low on demand >.<
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cookie1992

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me