How to trade up?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How to trade up?

Postby Hush » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am

I haven’t seen a topic for this and I personally have trouble with trading and was hoping people could help with some advice.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to trade up?

Postby Galaxy Figs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Hey! So I'm no trade expert, but I have a few tips:

Some pets, though not too rare, have *insane* demand. This includes many of the early store pets, as well as the Black Advent, Joker, and Shima Longtail. The right person will pay a fortune for these, so if you have any of these keep in mind that their value is largely inflated.

At the same time, some pets are quite rare but have awful demand. This includes most rats and horses, as well as the UR fruit and zebras. While a zebra may be worth a dogtag in theory, I had a very hard time trading mine off, and was only able to eventually unload it for a UR Aussie and Ice Cat (plus a few other throw-ins). Before trying to trade up into a certain pet, do research about how it's demand is and whether people are actually giving value equivalent to where it is on the rares list.

Always try to get a slightly better deal. Now this one is a bit more complicated and shouldn't necessarily be followed all the time. By no means am I suggesting you try to scam people, however whenever possible, see if you can trade your pets at slightly more then their value. For example, if you're trying to trade for a tier 6 advent when you have a tier 5 advent, initially offer a one to one swap, while maybe throwing in a rare or two that are on your trade partner's wishlist to make things more enticing. And on that note...

Do not undervalue bulk. You may think your random rares sitting around are completely useless towards your goal of getting a certain list pet, but that's not necessarily true, especially with older ones. For example, did you know that 4-8 09 rares equal an advent pet? Now not everyone you trade will be willing to trade off the list, but I've found a decent amount of people are more then happy to do so, and I would use this to your advantage. Very rarely, you'll even find someone willing to accept massive amounts of quantity for their list pet.

Anyways I'm not sure specifically what pet(s) you're looking for, or how many rares you own. But these are some good general tips, and if you want more specific advice feel free to DM me! Also remember a lot of it comes down to who's been on the longest and which people have gotten lucky December 18th pulls, so if you're not rolling in main lists, then its probably not your fault :)

Last bumped by Hush on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:53 pm.

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me