What Pets Have "Low Demand" But Don't In Your Experience?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What Pets Have "Low Demand" But Don't In Your Experience?

Postby yumekari » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Many of us have probably been there. We get told that a pet is "low demand" and can't go for a fair trade, but what pets have this been untrue for in your experience? Let's try to combat that "low demand" stigma!

For example, nearly every day I get an unfair trade for my UR pickle/cucumber. Whereas when I still had it, I pretty much never got any offer on the UR purple Tess horse in the YEARS it was for trade. The demand for the pickle seems to be much higher than people like to say it is, but because it gets called "low demand" it's difficult to find anyone who wants to trade fairly for it. Meanwhile, the purple UR horse gets called "low demand" and, at least in my experience, that was actually true.

Which of your "low demand" pets seem to be quite popular? Maybe some "low demand" pets are actually pretty desirable, so please share your stories! :)

Rules

x No ranting about trades, this is purely for discussion!
x This is not the place to ask for trades!
x No spamming, please stay on topic!

yumekari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What Pets Have "Low Demand" But Don't In Your Experience

Postby YayPepsi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 pm

The pickle is so cute, I don't know why it would be low demand.

I've been told this lion has low demand, and yet I get trades for it a lot. It seems like a lot of people want it.
YayPepsi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dembai » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I got a weird amount of offers for:

It was really remarkable. I just grabbed it because it was a december 2010 from the pound, but didn't like it much, so...yeah.

I don't get it. Is it a Yulynh thing?
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollythecollie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm always getting trades for my Image even though fruit is highly unwanted.

But on the other hand all of the offers I get on my grapes are severe low-balls, it's like people want the pet but don't want to offer any rares for it.
hollythecollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yumekari » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm surprised to hear about the pony! It could be the cute design and pleasing colors. It's nice that it's getting some love. :3

And I'm glad people do want fruit. I for one find them very cute and hilarious, and I know the same is true for my friends. They're definitely among my fav designs. Maybe finding out that they actually do get a lot of offers will help the low-balling a bit. xD

I've also been getting some trades for various VR 2008/2009 rats recently. I'm not being flooded by them, but the rats were pretty much ignored until recently so it stood out to me! The natural colors seem to be asked for more, maybe because they resemble people's pets.
ImageImage

yumekari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallen; » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

I would love to chime in on this, as I've been thinking of this for quite a while now.

I personally do not understand why some pets have "low demand," and in turn either receive no interest or many users wishing to get them at a low low price. I find it odd that two pets on the same tier, say on the Advent list, have wildly different trade rates and expectations than something on the same tier. It's baffling and makes it hard for someone like me who doesn't have the time to learn the ups and downs of "demands" to be able to trade pets as for me it's too much of a hassle. Not to mention some users go to the lengths of foeing you in the event you offer them a "low demand" or "bad demand" pet.

On the topic of fruit, I happen to love them! I do not have the necessary means to trade for them though, as I don't wish to lowball anyone who has one! Personally though, I don't understand why they have a low demand when they're extremely unique and quite hilarious cx

I do believe that some pets have a "low demand" because the users who want them just don't have the means to achieve them, such as myself with the fruit. This isn't true for all pets, but I'm sure a few pets do have the tendency to go for less because users just don't have the means to get them. This is especially true with the influx of new users vs old users.
fallen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crouchy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:07 am

How does one even know what has high or low demand, other than rumors?
Pet's name: Jelly
Crouchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YayPepsi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 pm

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=6735597

I've been getting a lot of trades for this rat lately. Seems like it's in demand despite being "low demand."
YayPepsi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:35 pm

YayPepsi wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=6735597

I've been getting a lot of trades for this rat lately. Seems like it's in demand despite being "low demand."

Might be because it's getting closer to the holidays.

I had a lot of interest in this fish for a while:

tried to auction it off and got no interest though...I might just end up keeping it even though it's an extra. I like the design.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viktor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:44 pm

I always see people saying that nick pets have bad demand, but from my experience It fetches a fair trade. I've never gotten underpay, at times even overpay.

text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
Viktor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes