Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Tess » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 am

sarahbara wrote:So ive noticed that some of the staff have custom pets that have an impossible date (before 2008), and then theres the story behind the pet ID #1, I was just wondering if you have ever taken the chance to give them a wild date, something huge in history, or if anyone only uses that option just to give a custom a meaningful date to themselves.

If I had a custom, I would give it a date like July 1st, 1867 or something

I think the customs with special/fake adoption dates are all based around personally meaningful occasions

Though there is also Nick the time traveller (check the date on that)

↟The Sound Of Drums↟ wrote:
    To any staff;

Any plans for the holidays?

I'm having 2 Christmasses in a row, Christmas Eve here with some extended family and then on Christmas day I fly home to my parents' house to have Christmas with them and Nick :) I don't live in the same city anymore so I only get to see Nick a few times a year

CaligulasPeri wrote:To Tess/Nick;
What one thing are you most proud of about Chicken Smoothie? A certain piece of coding, an event, a pet maybe?

I guess mostly that CS is still here after almost 10 years :lol: when I started CS I was just expecting to get maybe up to 100 members and to last for maybe a year. Little me squealing with excitement when we hit our first 1000 members really knew nothing about what CS was to become :D

A lot of our members weren't even born yet when I started CS and that's a pretty weird/cool fact for me... also makes me feel old
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nana » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 pm

To any staff:

It's weird to think I've spent so much time on this site. From an hour to multiple hours a day for years. It's strange. How much time do you spend on the game on average a day/week/month etc.
┌─────── ⋆⋅•⋅⋆ ───────┐
she/they - adult
toyhou.se
bi - audhd
└─────── ⋆⋅•⋅⋆ ───────┘
nana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxAshfeatherxX » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:21 pm

nah, not really if you enjoy it then you enjoy it!

i spent almost everday atleast 1/2 hours on transformice xD

is it weird to draw non stop your oc over and over? xD
XxAshfeatherxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evilpineapples » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 pm

To: the admins

So there is this thread about ping suggestions and it seems to have a lot of support (I for one would love to see this feature on chicken smoothie), I was just wondering if you have considered it. If so, is it a feature you don't want on the site, something you see would be beneficial, or is it already in the works?
evilpineapples

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 am

~randomidiot~ wrote:To Sorren Fay: How long were you a *normal* member, and which position did you start as? Also, what drove you *to become an admin?

I discovered CS when it was still very new and signed up with an account a couple of weeks later. Not long after that I became a Global Mod already so I wasn't a regular user for very long.
It wasn't so much that I worked towards becoming an admin (it wasn't an apparent option before I actually became one), it just kinda happened. lol I've seen CS grow pretty much from the beginning, experienced all its changes and always tried to help as much as I could. CS had grown so much that at some point Tess and Nick couldn't do all the admin work by themselves so that's were I came into play. ;D
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:22 am

to any:

to any of you have any tattoos that mean something special to you? c: i hope this is okay to ask!
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:55 pm

lacke wrote:
    to any:

to any of you have any tattoos that mean something special to you? c: i hope this is okay to ask!

Personally, all of my tattoos have special meanings! This is going to be horribly cheesy, sorry.

- My first tattoo was a dagger on my spine that represents my love of medieval fantasy, my time studying martial arts, and my inner strength in times when I feel all other options have been exhausted.
    - After that, I got a "skin rip" style tattoo on my thigh that's actually peeling paper rather than skin, with words behind it that represent me being a writer and poet/being full of words.
    - I followed those up with complimentary tattoos on either side of my ribcage. One is a sea turtle in a wave to represent my wife, and the other is a cat in the cosmos to represent me.
    - My brother and I got matching tattoos of stylized playing cards on our calves; mine is an ace of hearts and his the ace of spades. They represent some of our earliest family memories of learning to play poker.
    - The last tattoo I got was a violet in the middle of my sternum, to represent my sexuality, as violets were used by Sappho to represent lesbians/women loving women.

I'll also note my next tattoo, which I am currently saving up money for! I will be getting my first tattoo that's visible all the time, on the inside of my forearm. It will be a luna moth in all three of its life stages with a moon and other geometric designs in the background. I feel like I've accomplished a lot of milestones in my life recently, and it represents my growth as a person, though doesn't explicitly state which stage I am at. Probably not the moth, yet, though. Also, it's just pretty! I love luna moths. (:
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizol » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:11 am

to anyone:

what's your favorite band/singer?
➵ julien xiixix artf iiig
he/they ixxxxxxxx :)
i'm dumb and i make
art sometimes. that's
about it! x thank you.
th xxxx julienw#3969
───────────────
grizol

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:24 am

frnk wrote:to anyone:

what's your favorite band/singer?

Right now? Grace Vanderwaal. Been a huge fan since the day of her AGT audition
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cad bane » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:01 am

Two questions for an artist!
1. What's your favorite pet that you've ever made for the staff litter?
2. Which pet designed by of one of your fellow artists is your favorite?
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me