March Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: March Discussion Thread

Postby Reigncat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Dembai wrote:Now I gotta go begging for another newborn kitteh. T.T All but one turned into the first result. XD

Same. Whoopie! Hopefully there is only one more outcome. :crosses finger:

Reigncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Oh dang, it's blue? My first thought was "MINT CHOCOLATE KITTY" but I forgot that I have flux active on my computer, and flux takes away blue :lol:

I don't really feel like disabling flux this late since I don't want to put strain on my eyes even for a moment, but I'm guessing that the blue on the kitty is closer to the blue of the sky than the blue of the Blue Screen of Death, which means that the blue on the kitty actually has a significant amount of green in it (and only enough red to make the blue softer instead of something like an eye-blinding cyan). The blue probably has more blue than green, or else there wouldn't be so many people here calling it blue instead of, like, aqua lol

So take away a lot of blue, courtesy of flux, and I'm left with quite some green and enough red (and blue) to soften the green. i.e. mint

And I was so ready to call this a mint-chocolate kitty...
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obsceneSymphony » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Anyone remember how long before Easter the event typically starts? It's been a long time for me πŸ˜…
Back at CS again!
β™₯: food animal medicine, access to care, welfare, ecology, bugs, lifting
MHA, DC, RvB, Homestuck, Discworld, Area X, Star Trek
Eve \ adult \ she or he \ DVM student

ImageImage Image
obsceneSymphony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BabbyLou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

obsceneSymphony wrote:Anyone remember how long before Easter the event typically starts? It's been a long time for me πŸ˜…

I believe it's typically about a week give or take a few days before Easter? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) This year, Easter is on the 16th so I would guess sometimes from the 6th to the 9th of April.
x[ β˜† ]
x[ β˜† ]
x[ β˜† ]
You have me.
Until every last star in the universe dies.
You have me.
x
BabbyLou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Last year the discussion thread for easter was started March 18th and Easter it's self was on the 27th of March if that give you an idea. So it may start about a week before (April 8-9) since Easter is on the 16th (Or so I would think)

Oh... Looks like I was ninja'd XD
βŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠ
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

βŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠβƒβŠ
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DBD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Well... Only one of my newborn kittens grew up to today's outcome. I have five remaining... Well. I guess I got opposite effect to everyone else's?
DBD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obsceneSymphony » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks, will be looking forward to it! In the meantime, loving these food dogs and anticipating the adult horses ❀️
Back at CS again!
β™₯: food animal medicine, access to care, welfare, ecology, bugs, lifting
MHA, DC, RvB, Homestuck, Discworld, Area X, Star Trek
Eve \ adult \ she or he \ DVM student

ImageImage Image
obsceneSymphony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starryprinxe » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:26 pm

what are these food dogs based off of? I can't tell.

starry ✦ they/them
on semi-hiatus for school and mental health

ImageImageImageImageImage
starryprinxe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reigncat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:29 pm

starryprinxe wrote:what are these food dogs based off of? I can't tell.

This down here:

obsceneSymphony wrote:
sketchi wrote:
fuiuki wrote:Image

My first thought upon seeing this dog was the noodle bowl from Ponyo:

The green rings definitely look like leek to me, and the pink some sort of meat (fish or otherwise). Otherwise, it could be a bit of everything in there. Rice and seaweed, or perhaps something else?

Kittymonic wrote:I think it's more like sushi than anything!

Most of this pupper is white, like rice, then the other toppings are what you would find on sushi, like seaweed. chopped up leeks and then salmon and a sprinkle of herbs on top!

it's actually chazuke (more specifically, salmon chazuke), which is tea poured over rice.
so delicious.

Aaah thank you Sketchi that makes so much sense! I love the design, it's the perfect balance between literally and abstractly representing the chasuke. What a beautiful dish for a pet to be based off, great choice!

Reigncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Ligerteeth wrote:Well... Only one of my newborn kittens grew up to today's outcome. I have five remaining... Well. I guess I got opposite effect to everyone else's?

You don't have any of todays cats - 2 of the first outcome grew for you (from you own litter, not taking into account the one you traded for).
Your own litter was also adopted very late, they can still grow into todays blue cat. ;)
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me