*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu May 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Takk wrote:That’s why i brought up the mass post again, so it’ll be more along the lines of ‘refer to pg __’
We do want it placed tho... after all this I think everyone is ready to slap this thing on a tier ya know? XD

I suggested the gap be a red toxic (2 sorbets + red toxic value), making it worth more than an UR Holly by a balloon dog while not keeping it super close either tier in value right? Either way we can figure it out better a bit later if the option actually does win

Yup I definitely agree with that! Just one large massive post of both holly tier, non tier, and you mentioned over that and under that which was wise. Do we have those kinds of trades?

I think that’s a good gap myself, I’m really impartial to what the gap would be tbh.

@staff See I would disagree. I think an explanation on the poll itself should be included. My reasoning on that is that people should see the reasons of why those tiers are there and are options, especially if they aren’t actually going to go looking at all the trade evidence itself. Which is quite a lot, tbh.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that? I would agree that here should be an option to choose more than one tier, so not multiple choice. However it has to be an option that people can change their mind. =)
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri May 04, 2018 7:57 am

Considering the evidence in this post (link to post), what would be the best placement for the UR PEACH?
1. Non Tier
2. UR Holly Tier
3. A new tier between Non & UR Holly
4. I don't know but voting is fun

Thanks for the foundation mozzy, we can work off of this?

Takk, will you be able to make a master post ready for when the poll goes live?

Ive asked elementalimsanity to temporary take over the first post of the thread so the poll can be posted asap as its finished. I will probably be afk again for a few more days until work settles down again.

So, lets work with this templete mozzy set up? Wording good?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby Takk » Fri May 04, 2018 8:01 am

Sure, I could do that ^^
Would we like to just include trades supporting just the placements listed or also include the trades for under and over the two tiers? (like UR aussie swaps, spotted tribal + trades, etc)
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri May 04, 2018 8:09 am

DaDwarf wrote:

Considering the evidence in this post (link to post), what would be the best placement for the UR PEACH?
1. Non Tier
2. UR Holly Tier

Takk, will you be able to make a master post ready for when the poll goes live?

Ive asked elementalimsanity to temporary take over the first post of the thread so the poll can be posted asap as its finished. I will probably be afk again for a few more days until work settles down again.

Looks great. Exciting to see this get up and running.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri May 04, 2018 8:24 am

Takk wrote:Sure, I could do that ^^
Would we like to just include trades supporting just the placements listed or also include the trades for under and over the two tiers? (like UR aussie swaps, spotted tribal + trades, etc)

I would include every trade you can find personally, to give an overall view on the subject? So that people can make an educated choice in the poll.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MOVED !!! » Fri May 04, 2018 8:48 am

I see an ownership swap!(first page) Congratulations Elemental ! !

(( I don't post here very often(just to observe) as I'm too intimidated because I don't know too much about lists as in depth
as you all type about, thus I can never join in on a conversation, but I've learned quite a bit from this thread. ))

But It's easy to see that there's trouble placing the UR peach ? - And by the looks of it, the problem dates back to / started 2016(?). Why is there a problem though? - is there such drastic change in demand that makes it harder to place / different than other URS? ))

DaDwarf wrote:

I would include every trade you can find personally, to give an overall view on the subject? So that people can make an educated choice in the poll.

that sounds good.
I always find having a poll like that difficult to decide on due to anyone / a random new player could vote on the poll without knowing what it actually means / is.
MOVED !!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Fri May 04, 2018 10:47 am

vanishing pixie wrote:-snip-

But It's easy to see that there's trouble placing the UR peach ? - And by the looks of it, the problem dates back to / started 2016(?). Why is there a problem though? - is there such drastic change in demand that makes it harder to place / different than other URS? ))

-snip-

One problem back then was not enough solid trade evidence, no one was really sure where to place it since trades were still all over the place
Then another problem started when people started saying it was worth 2 sorbets on the FTT thread rather than saying 'it goes for around 2 sorbets, but we're not sure what it's actually worth' along with a bad demand rep which really hurt it's trade pool. Most of us here weren't happy cutting the peach down because of how people had been told to value it (pressured? I don't mean to come off as aggressive). The peach has swapped for a July PPS and Zebra, yet it's also gone for as low as a UR Ice cat ^^"
It's been rough, we want opinions and reasons why to put it somewhere and no one has quite been satisfied yet. Providing trade evidence for both sides, it's been a rough ride picking one place for it I think; personally

@DD: I'd like to send you a draft when I'm satisfied, I'll try to contact you with the list when I'm done!
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 am

DaDwarf wrote:

I also agree with getting any sort of trade evidence, regardless of how much underpay/overpay. Just a large masterpost of trades, perhaps coordinated to ‘non trades’ ‘holly tier trades’ ‘above non’ ‘below holly’ type of thing?

DaDwarf wrote:

1. Non Tier
2. UR Holly Tier

-snip-

I like how it’s set up. I’m still slightly wondering myself if anyone else thinks we should add description to the poll or leave with just options? I think it could be helpful myself, so people see why the option is being put there? Just my two cents there.

Also I’ve never done a poll before. Can we put links in? I’ll have to test that lol.

Edit: just did a quick test on my trade thread. Linking won’t work, adding in the web address for the link passes the 1oo character limit.
So hopefully we can just get Takk’s post to be the top post of a page and do what we did with the last poll, also another reason I’m for adding explanations of tier choices. =)
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Fri May 04, 2018 11:23 am

I liked the explanation of gaps like in the first poll. It adds perspective.

You can use BBCode just like posts in polls (:
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri May 04, 2018 11:26 am

Crestalia wrote:I liked the explanation of gaps like in the first poll. It adds perspective.

You can use BBCode just like posts in polls (:

Ooo thanks for that. Tried it again, looks like I had messed up the coding in my test. Good to know!
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups