The "How Much is This Worth in C$?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "How Much is This Worth in C$?" Thread

Postby Sinbreaker » Sun May 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Seasonal wrote:I disagree; C$ is definitely inflated beyond reasonable means. People who believe they are getting a fair deal when using the C$ worth thread are mislead and don't keep up with the current economy. That's like someone trading a Raven for an Advent on the same list. Yes, it's "technically fair because the List says so," but we all know that it isn't fair.

The guide is severely outdated and it is pretty evident to me that C$ is much more abundant than it was the last time the guide was updated.

A discussion from the rare's list thread I'm quoting here. If this thread is very outdated I was wondering if there is any plans for updates in the near future.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon May 14, 2018 1:50 am

Sinbreaker wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I disagree; C$ is definitely inflated beyond reasonable means. People who believe they are getting a fair deal when using the C$ worth thread are mislead and don't keep up with the current economy. That's like someone trading a Raven for an Advent on the same list. Yes, it's "technically fair because the List says so," but we all know that it isn't fair.

The guide is severely outdated and it is pretty evident to me that C$ is much more abundant than it was the last time the guide was updated.

A discussion from the rare's list thread I'm quoting here. If this thread is very outdated I was wondering if there is any plans for updates in the near future.

It isn’t as outdated as everyone keeps saying about this list and the rares list.

However yes, DD has been talking with me about taking control of the first post and discussing with other experienced players about how much it needs to be updated.

Edit: just wanted to point out too, that whether it’s more abundant or not can’t really affect how we treat it. Or I believe it shouldn’t. It’s still bought with real money. If more people can afford some shouldn’t crazily raise prices on this thread.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Matreats » Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 am

Matreats wrote:Anyone know how much this trade is worth?

trades/viewtrade.php?id=73073976&userid=670137&signature=PGFa5o_iyGJEMD22SZ7rMg

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 am

Agreed with elementalInsanity! C$ is pretty expensive, if I'm not mistaken someone counted how much it would cost to buy all the list pets and it ended up at around 4.000 USD... Raising the prices just because more people are buying C$ seems a bit extreme (at least for me)... It also could discourage some people to buy C$ with real money and that would make us need to lower the prices again because there is not enough C$ in circulation. We would be in an endless loop of raising and lowering prices!
I love C$, but I would not buy or trade for it if I had to spend insane amounts just to get a pet that I like

And yes, the thread is a little outdated, specially when it comes to rares and store pets since there is a year missing (2018), but I feel like the highest each pet should go is 1-2 "tiers" which isn't massively dramatic.

Postby Softea » Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 pm

How much is this
Pet worth?

I’m looking for; Low price, High price and an Average price!
Thank you c:
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Softea wrote:
How much is this
Pet worth?

Thank you c:

Using the guide as it is now the lowest price would be 35, the highest would be 40

I personally value the pets at a year older value (since 2018 still needs to be added) so for me the lowest value would be 40 and highest 45

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Lolly_CGC wrote:
Softea wrote:
How much is this
Pet worth?

Thank you c:

Using the guide as it is now the lowest price would be 35, the highest would be 40

I personally value the pets at a year older value (since 2018 still needs to be added) so for me the lowest value would be 40 and highest 45

I hate to correct you but i believe this is incorrect... They do have this year in the store pet worth? A ‘current store pet’ is worth 20 C$. Which would be 2018. They have the 2017 store pet worth. And store pets rise very slowly in C$, so adding more C$ for another year isn’t necessary yet.

So no, this 2014 store pet is not worth 40-45. It’s worth 35-40 as the front page states.

Next year is when prices will go up, I’m fairly sure...?
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm

The "current store pet" is for the month! It says that a store pet from the current month is worth 20C$ (since they are currently on the store and can be bought directly for that value)

Postby Softea » Tue May 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Well, thank you both very much!

I would also like to know how much this group may be worth. I’m looking for all my high value, or below 2011 pets.
Thank you!
I know it will be a lot of work, but if you don’t mind, maybe you could do them individually as well?
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue May 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Lolly_CGC wrote:The "current store pet" is for the month! It says that a store pet from the current month is worth 20C$ (since they are currently on the store and can be bought directly for that value)

Ahhhh ok I see the difference now. Because once a set is out of the store it’s worth slightly more than 20 C$ which would put it in the 20-25 C$ range for the year?

I always thought the lists were updated at the end of each year for some reason instead of the beginning, hence my confusion.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups