For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby rabbithaver » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:54 am

i remember logging on when it changed. it didn't change to what we have now, but to something different. the colors were bright lime green and it was a bit of an assault on the eyes. the layout had changed entirely. and EVERYONE on the forums went nuts because of course they did, everyone does when there's a big change.

Tess changes something and the site might as well be on fire, with everyone running around, screaming their heads off.

call me rabbit || they/them
adult player || hedgehog enjoyer

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

my mom || my homie || my buddy
trade thread || dreamies || dragon cave
fursona || shadow playlist || sonic fans
rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:55 am

Yeah, it was a nice tan colour :D
    I've always kind of wished for a 'nostalgia' site layout with the colour scheme and header of the 08 one (but functionally being the same as our current ones ofc).
    It was very easy on the eyes, rather calming.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:16 am

ZΕL wrote:
    Yeah, it was a nice tan colour :D
    I've always kind of wished for a 'nostalgia' site layout with the colour scheme and header of the 08 one (but functionally being the same as our current ones ofc).
    It was very easy on the eyes, rather calming.

yeah, me too! that would be so nice.
though i'd feel so old haha

Image Image Image

rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [Paradox] » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:13 am

I guess the main reason I'm still here is simply the fact that I've been here for so long.This is the site I've been on the longest and have the most memories with. I'm not active here at all anymore. I don't even care much about the pets any longer. But for nostalgia's sake I just can't let go of this site. ;;

The Summer event is still always fun though. That's the main thing I still always look forward to.
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image
[Paradox]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starrats » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:19 pm

My registration date makes me look like an oldie 8-) :lol:

I registered that day because I saw some of the rats in someones profile on a dutch rat forum. (I was a real rat fan and owned 4 of them)
I adopted some rats and some malk dogs but got confused with the site because my english was so bad. :oops:

Then in march? 2014 I suddenly got an e-mail because someone send me a PM (who sends an pm to an inactive account anyway :what: ) and that's how I got back here :lol:
Now I really regret not adopting pets for all those years because I only have more recent trade fodder :oops: :lol:
Image Image Image

My Birthday is October 23

Tiny Dwayne "The Pet Rock" Johnson
I'm a Boar
People with this sign are
said to have these characteristics:

Simple, honest, loyal, calm, thoughtful,
intelligent, hard working, strong,
peace-loving, trusting.
Sometimes they can be naive,
gullible, materialistic, clingy
Starrats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 am

Something that's really heartwarming for me is that I've watched as some of our members have grown in some way, usually by maturing (as I did lol) or by improved English for some of our non-native English speakers.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 am

nickjr wrote:Something that's really heartwarming for me is that I've watched as some of our members have grown in some way, usually by maturing (as I did lol) or by improved English for some of our non-native English speakers.

oh i was actually thinking about this yesterday haha!! it is really nice to get to see someone just grow and develop as a person, even from a distance.

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:52 am

nickjr wrote:Something that's really heartwarming for me is that I've watched as some of our members have grown in some way, usually by maturing (as I did lol) or by improved English for some of our non-native English speakers.

hell yeah!

i had... an interesting character arc. when i first joined under the name featherkat, i caused so much drama on the forums i actually got a personalized angry PM from Tess. 😂 that set me straight so fast, you have no idea. i don't think that would happen these days.

Image Image Image

rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [Paradox] » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Does anyone remember when everyone used to chat on the forum games? That used to be fun, but the community was much smaller back then as well.
And then there was the Formspring craze. Ah.. I miss Formspring now. I talked to a lot of people from CS on there, haha.

What makes me feel really old is when I look at certain old pets from '09 and '10 and I remember clearly adopting them and even anticipating what a litter was going to look like grown. Even though I haven't been active here for long time, when I look at some pets it still feels like I just got them recently. Then I find it hard to believe that it was actually 8 or 9 years ago...

9 years. It almost sounds ridiculous to say I've stuck with the same site for 9 years...
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image
[Paradox]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:44 pm

lancelotl wrote:

oh i was actually thinking about this yesterday haha!! it is really nice to get to see someone just grow and develop as a person, even from a distance.

Oh, definitely! It's crazy, I befriended several people here and now that I look back on it, we've all achieved so much in that time frame. Whether it be university, graduating, or even getting married, a lot has happened in (almost) 10 years.

[Paradox] wrote:Does anyone remember when everyone used to chat on the forum games? That used to be fun, but the community was much smaller back then as well.
And then there was the Formspring craze. Ah.. I miss Formspring now. I talked to a lot of people from CS on there, haha.

What makes me feel really old is when I look at certain old pets from '09 and '10 and I remember clearly adopting them and even anticipating what a litter was going to look like grown. Even though I haven't been active here for long time, when I look at some pets it still feels like I just got them recently. Then I find it hard to believe that it was actually 8 or 9 years ago...

9 years. It almost sounds ridiculous to say I've stuck with the same site for 9 years...

It's amazing how some of the pets literally feel like you got them yesterday! For example, I even remember adopting my Red Rose and some of the advents from 2008. And I was looking at the pets from 2011 in the archives yesterday, and I could clearly remember what I thought they would look like. :'D
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me