For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby FriedApplePie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:36 pm

EnochianGhost wrote:I kinda miss the old pony lineart. The others I'm happy with the change but the old pony one with the poofy hair covering its eyes was absolutely adorable. Shame it was traced :c

I agree that the ponies had the cutest ones, I would love if they ever came up with some similar lines to that in upcoming years. It was one of my favorite things about the ponies. The equine all looked so different and unique back then as well, I always thought some more variety in pets would make the game better.

Some new species would be interesting as well, I like the ones we have, but I’ve always wanted to have more reptiles. I’m glad they finally designed chameleons, when I came back from my hiatus I was super excited about that!

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mavi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Oh gosh I remember that whole hub bub, and how Zebras were popular for what was it? 2 months? lol you could actually get fair trades for them. Goodness forbid that happening any other time. I like the changes though, I originally joined in 2010, and while I liked the ponies from then I like the new line art a whole bunch more, I do miss a few of the old lines though, but I am glad for the revamp c:
ImageImageImage
Mavi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm

PrettyPieK wrote:
EnochianGhost wrote:I kinda miss the old pony lineart. The others I'm happy with the change but the old pony one with the poofy hair covering its eyes was absolutely adorable. Shame it was traced :c

I agree that the ponies had the cutest ones, I would love if they ever came up with some similar lines to that in upcoming years. It was one of my favorite things about the ponies. The equine all looked so different and unique back then as well, I always thought some more variety in pets would make the game better.

It's not quite the same as having lines like that, but we do have pony wigs that cover their eyes :D

I kinda feel for the people who are unhappy with the change because they liked the old equines. The poll results were really divided, so there wasn't a way to make everyone happy.
    Personally I never liked the equines back then, whereas the Yulynh horse lines are currently my second favourite in the game (after chickens). So the change really benefit me - the redesign made me fall in love with a ton of designs that just didn't appeal to me in the past.
    I suppose a lot of people miss the old horse lines because they were more "in motion"? I can see how someone would prefer the "flying gallop" pose.

It's also nostalgic for a lot of people, I guess.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phayraoh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Gosh I hardly remember CS back when I first joined. I do know it was during the advent calendar and I pulled the Pickle/Cucumber as my Dec 18th pet. Poor newbie me traded it for a couple ‘09 rares. It wasn’t until I started playing actively that I realized how terrible I used to be at trading/understanding how valuable some of my pets were. I do miss adopting Nick and Malk pets, the old horse linearts are definitely my favorite, and if I can recall, the pound was a lot different? I seem to remember getting to look at pages in the pound but honestly I could be totally wrong. Anyway, CS has definitely changed a lot since I’ve joined. At least now I’m better at managing my pets >_>
feral and forsaken
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Mavi wrote:Oh gosh I remember that whole hub bub, and how Zebras were popular for what was it? 2 months? lol you could actually get fair trades for them. Goodness forbid that happening any other time. I like the changes though, I originally joined in 2010, and while I liked the ponies from then I like the new line art a whole bunch more, I do miss a few of the old lines though, but I am glad for the revamp c:

Could this ever be the sollution for rats? 😓😂
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ventru » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 pm

owliscalling wrote:Gosh I hardly remember CS back when I first joined. I do know it was during the advent calendar and I pulled the Pickle/Cucumber as my Dec 18th pet. Poor newbie me traded it for a couple ‘09 rares. It wasn’t until I started playing actively that I realized how terrible I used to be at trading/understanding how valuable some of my pets were. I do miss adopting Nick and Malk pets, the old horse linearts are definitely my favorite, and if I can recall, the pound was a lot different? I seem to remember getting to look at pages in the pound but honestly I could be totally wrong. Anyway, CS has definitely changed a lot since I’ve joined. At least now I’m better at managing my pets >_>

Nick and Malk were some of my favourite artists. They were always just really unique and a change from the normal linearts. I mean, let's be fair Nick is an artistic genius, just look at this.
Engel wrote:
You put the smoothie in cs lol

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about anything. c:
Ventru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:33 pm

owliscalling wrote:Gosh I hardly remember CS back when I first joined. I do know it was during the advent calendar and I pulled the Pickle/Cucumber as my Dec 18th pet. Poor newbie me traded it for a couple ‘09 rares. It wasn’t until I started playing actively that I realized how terrible I used to be at trading/understanding how valuable some of my pets were. I do miss adopting Nick and Malk pets, the old horse linearts are definitely my favorite, and if I can recall, the pound was a lot different? I seem to remember getting to look at pages in the pound but honestly I could be totally wrong. Anyway, CS has definitely changed a lot since I’ve joined. At least now I’m better at managing my pets >_>

Yep, the pound used to have pages, and you could go to the last page to get the oldest pets!
It's funny, I still think of features like the current pound system, frontpage layout, wishlist feature , and being able to share trades (that wasnt always a thing.. right?)
as being "new" even though they aren't anymore.
It still makes me happy to see handmade wishlists around, I wish I could dig up some of my old MS Paint ones, haha.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:40 pm

the special adopts used to be spiders and owls and we wouldnt get them every month..i just remembered this.

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:00 am

On the subject of Nick and Malk and their unique linearts, I think it's a tragedy that there were never any monthly/event adoptable cerbs, the demand might not be so horrific if there were. :'P
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:07 am

myth + destiny wrote:On the subject of Nick and Malk and their unique linearts, I think it's a tragedy that there were never any monthly/event adoptable cerbs, the demand might not be so horrific if there were. :'P

I think adding more cerbs now would be something neat for them to do ^^
I unfortunately do not have any myself, I wish I could have got them when they first came out but I just stayed to myself back then and I really didn't trade.

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of