Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby rowlet. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Birchii wrote:aaaa offsite trading makes collecting so much easier <3

I now have a complete collection of deer (excluding store pets, which I don't collect), need 1 more fennec fox, and 11 more guinea pigs. This may be easier than I thought! C:

haha, that's very relatable X^) i achieved most of my most difficult / valuable pets thanks to offsite trades. i'm thankful that quitting FR and liquidating my account helped me reach my goals on CS so quickly!

i found several users who were quitting CS for FR and worked out some amazing trades for the last rare+ owls i needed !! now my owl collection is complete alongside my chicken collection <3 i am king of the bird-loving mountain :''^)

shortly after, i went through and reorganized my groups so that chickens and owls were closer to the top (where they rightfully belong). i had no option but to do it all on mobile which was Painful but absolutely necessary, ehehe
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Discussion question!

What king of sorting system do you use for you collection(s)?

I've seen a lot of people talk about organizing and re-organizing their pets, and I was curious to see what everyone else likes to do. Honestly... I'm not sure if I like how my pets are organized. Feel free to give me advice haha.

Pretty much my pets are separated by species and events. If the pet group is large, I subdivided the species groups into years. Not sure if I want to do more of that or leave my pets as is....
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:14 pm

I have the pets with the most outcomes (dogs, butterfly wolves, cats, horses/ponies, and rats) sorted by year. Each of these species also has a separate section.
    I then have a separate section for all other species, each with its own group. (Deer, chameleons, bunnies, etc).
    I also have a miscellaneous section for my lists and growing pets, a section for the stag pets separated by year, and malls separated by year.
    I then have a section for the event pets separated by event and year.
    Finally I have sections for my hoards and trade groups.

I thought about separating by month, but I didn’t want to have that many groups. If I were to ever sort more, it would be to separate some of the other species groups by year. c:

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 pm

kee. wrote:
    I have the pets with the most outcomes (dogs, butterfly wolves, cats, horses/ponies, and rats) sorted by year. Each of these species also has a separate section.
    I then have a separate section for all other species, each with its own group. (Deer, chameleons, bunnies, etc).
    I also have a miscellaneous section for my lists and growing pets, a section for the stag pets separated by year, and malls separated by year.
    I then have a section for the event pets separated by event and year.
    Finally I have sections for my hoards and trade groups.

I thought about separating by month, but I didn’t want to have that many groups. If I were to ever sort more, it would be to separate some of the other species groups by year. c:

-kee

Your pets are organized in a very similar fashion to mine actually! I'm debating dividing out the cats and rats by year as well, though I think I originally kept them together because I didn't care for those species as much. Now, however, the groups are exceeding 400 pets which is a bit much.

EDIT: Just noticed I finished my '16 Christmas collection! Feels good to check something off of my list.

Honestly I'm a little concerned about acquiring 2016/2017 store pets. I know they don't have the insane demand of old store pets, but I have a hard time attracting trades. I think the trade forum is just too busy and fast paced that no one sees my thread. Does anyone else have issues attracting trades lately?
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

"The Stars in the Sky"

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:59 pm

It depends how active I am in the forums on any pariticular day. If I post more somewhere, I tend to get more trades. If I have more time and bump my trade thread more frequently I also get more than usual.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:37 pm

I just finished all rare dogs ^^ Took years but finally done. I’m continuing with store pets but it’s so hard I’m starting another side collection that should keep me busy ^^ I’ve decided to give rats a chance, I may be the only one but it might be easy ^^ I’m doing 2018-2013 first and then I’ll attempt 2012-2010 and so on ^^
Anyone else collect rats? ^^

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ art by the clockwork cat
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20 (lol help i'm missing recents)
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:14 pm

What kind of sorting system do you use for you collection(s)?

I've used like... every sorting system in the book at some point or other lmao

my latest one has just been one group per species but as I've only been focusing on smaller species (the biggest being like...foxes) that isn't really going to work for much longer

i'm considering doing the big species divided by year and lineart (like, 2008 full grown & pps dogs have their own group) and then a group for 'store pets (dogs)' and 'rares list (dogs)' so when i complete something it still looks to me like i'm making progress while ignoring the pets that will be impossible for me to get lmao, and then with the smaller ones i just won't bother dividing by year - thinking something like this?

(these are my own groups, just made a few to see how i'd feel about that kinda set-up) bc i like all the linearts in groups to be the same (without pps' or adults messing each other up) so i think this'll work for me : )
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:40 pm

@ horchata- I like the looks of the organization!

I can't decide if I like the "looks" of my pet groups. I haven't changed it in forever though, so not sure I want to change everything now.

On a random note, what do you all value '16 and '17 store pets at? I was told a '10 rare, but a player I attempted to trade with values them at a '09 rare each. I feel like I need to break down some of my higher list pets into September lists in order to more effectively trade for this darn store pets.
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

"The Stars in the Sky"

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Megannator wrote:@ horchata- I like the looks of the organization!

I can't decide if I like the "looks" of my pet groups. I haven't changed it in forever though, so not sure I want to change everything now.

On a random note, what do you all value '16 and '17 store pets at? I was told a '10 rare, but a player I attempted to trade with values them at a '09 rare each. I feel like I need to break down some of my higher list pets into September lists in order to more effectively trade for this darn store pets.

i feel like since older store pet demand is so crazy right now (and some 'recent' store pet demand, like the dragon pps)
    that many players value even new store pets very highly (coughcoughgryphonppscoughcough). i'd recommend not trading them for '09 rares since that's more greed demand than actual value - shouldn't be too difficult to find '16-'17 store pets for '10 rares if you send enough trades out haha

i'm by no means an expert though so you might wanna wait for other opinions
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leru » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 pm

What kind of sorting system do you use for you collection(s)?

I'm lazy and like simple groups so mine are organised by year. I found a document a while ago that has the number of pets per year/species which has been a huge help. I would never have the patience to do by species and by year.

Also, to add onto the store pet discussion:

• '17 and '16 is worth a late and early '10 rare.
  • '15 and '14 is worth a late '09 rare.
  • '13 and '12 is worth an early '09 rare.
That's just how I value them. Makes it easier and a lot of people will accept trades along these 'guidelines'.
x
will be gone from the 14th - 23rd of feb
zonkey hoarder | characters | trade thread
leru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me