Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Pandle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:24 am

brumous wrote:to: any staff
have you ever had to make a really really difficult decision? like, questioning your moral code? what was it like, and were you able to overcome it?

When I was still in secondary school, I was homeless. As I was under 18 years of age, I could have been put into accommodation by the council, but if I did so, it would have meant my mum would have been homeless and without me. We're incredibly tight (even if it didn't seem like it during the ordeal), and I knew that the waiting list for a single adult to get into council housing would be 5+ years. So my choice was get accommodation but leave my mum to suffer alone, or suffer with her and hope that my being with her would speed up the process. My teachers and school desperately wanted me to accept the council's offer and take up the accommodation, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't leave my mum alone, not after everything she's done for me. So I stuck with her, and we lived in a hostel for a year before being housed. Then, two years later, we became homeless again. That time I wasn't young enough to be suitable for accommodation alone, and as a 'young adult' we were looking at a 5+ year waiting list again. So we sofa-surfed and slept where we could for another year, before one of mum's work colleague's moved to a bigger property and said we were welcome to rent their old one. That's where we are at present (or my mum is, I'm in Hong Kong studying!), but I suspect we'll be homeless again before the year is out.

Homelessness is difficult because it's a very oily slide. Once you've been homeless once, it's incredibly hard not to fall back into it just because of the way the housing market works. I can't say whether what I did was right - who knows, if I'd accepted the offer for housing alone then maybe I'd never have been homeless again. But I couldn't leave my mum. She raised me as a single-parent, and I had a magnificent childhood. I owe everything to her, and to leave her? All I want is to be able to support her so that she doesn't need to worry about being homeless ever again. But it was a horrible period; being pressured by school and teachers who wanted the best for me, but who were telling me to leave the only person I trusted. I just had to trust that I was doing the right thing, even if it didn't seem like it at the time.

Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Murdoc Is God. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:19 am

CrankyGamePlays wrote:To anyone;
If you could meet one youtuber or celebrity, who would it be and why?
Call me Stu~ (He/Him)
Muds/Shibe wrote:
Remember; Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end <3

Message To Mods: Shadeyclaw, possiblyapanda and Turtle... are my friends (Marksepticeye is my brother) And We may unfairly trade, please don't ban us.
    My discord server

ImageImageImage
Murdoc Is God.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:06 am

To any staff;
    Do any of you follow any 'study' communities, such as studyblr, studygram or studytube (tumblr, instagram & youtube respectively)? I've recently discovered it and it's a blessing for motivation and inspiration for me to do my college work, and was wondering if anybody else was a follower / contributor of it too ^^

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 pm

I have a very random question, to any staff member.
Why do the new topics icons stay in one place, and after some time they begin scrolling down? The ones that turn red when there's new posts.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Arya22 wrote:I have a very random question, to any staff member.
Why do the new topics icons stay in one place, and after some time they begin scrolling down? The ones that turn red when there's new posts.

It's just a visual indicator that shows a topic to be particularly active.
    Starting at 25 posts in total (the original post + 24 replies), a thread is considered to be an active/popular/"hot" topic, and its icon changes to reflect this. And, well... That's all it does.^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Ah ok, thanks!
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BobTheButlerBob » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 am

Do you prefer Cheese or Beans?

█
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█░█   ▒█▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█   █░█   ▒█▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀█   █░█
▄▀▄   ▒█▀▀▄ ░▒█░░ ░▀▀▀▄▄   ▄▀▄   ▒█▀▀▄ ░▒█░░ ░▀▀▀▄▄   ▄▀▄
▀░▀   ▒█▄▄█ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄█   ▀░▀   ▒█▄▄█ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄█   ▀░▀
┏Credit To My Sister┓█░█ Thing #1 & Thing #2
┏Credit To My Sister┓▄▀▄

▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ┏xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    My dad died at his own funeral.
    ┖xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐
    ▐

▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ┏xxxxxxxx
    BTS V <3
    ┖xxxxxxxx

▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀
    ▀

BobTheButlerBob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChosenFetus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:11 am

to anyone,
when you get your own one of a kind pet, how do you feel and whats your reaction, also! is it a surprise on the design and what it is or do you tell them(people who make pets) how you want it?
[working on art trades 💃]
ChosenFetus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooisa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:21 pm

To: Anyone
Has anyone ever counted how many pets are on CS and how many? I've wondered this for awhile but have never found an awnser :lol:
avid jojo fan trade me b-wolves have a nice day :) <3
disc > 5head#5577
Mooisa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 pm

MOOT.TOOT wrote: To: Anyone
Has anyone ever counted how many pets are on CS and how many? I've wondered this for awhile but have never found an awnser :lol:

As of right now, the newest adopted pet has the ID number 233002430, so this is how many pets in total the system has created so far. This doesn't take into account how many of those were deleted, however.
    Shian has made a google doc keeping track of the number of individual pet outcomes here. It doesn't include all 2017 pets yet, but gives you detailed info on numbers for species, months and years from 2008-Jan 2017.
    The total as of Jan 2017 seems to be 7212 different pets.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me