An In-Depth Guide to Trading! [Fairness/Etiquette/Demand]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "Is this a fair trade?" – The Guide!

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:35 am

And open for posting. Enjoy reading and be sure to let me know if there's something you'd like to see added!

Code: Select all
[b]Chapter 1;[/b] Important Links and the start of a better understanding of rarities! (current chapter 1 and 5)
What do i need to know/read before trading?
[b]Chapter 2;[/b] demand and rarity/supply/availibtly (current chapt 2 and 7)
[b]Chapter 3;[/b] The rareslist Explained a little more
[b]Chapter 4;[/b] whatever is in the current guide (Current chapt 3)
[b]Chapter 5;[/b] Trade etiquette and different ways of trading (current chapt 4 and 6)
[b]Chapter 6;[/b] gaps list explained/review rareslist
Last edited by DaDwarf on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:09 am

I love it. Especially Chapter 7. So nice to see information on re-releases/demand/store pets from an informed, experienced user. I like to help out on the What Pet is This? thread in December, and this will be very nice to point people towards to help prevent scamming/ninja trading.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 am

Nice guide, DD!

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:04 am

Xiao_Jian wrote:I love it. Especially Chapter 7. So nice to see information on re-releases/demand/store pets from an informed, experienced user. I like to help out on the What Pet is This? thread in December, and this will be very nice to point people towards to help prevent scamming/ninja trading.

That was part of my point for releasing this now, yes xD I hope that new members (And old members alike) can use this as a base and decide against trading their 18th released pets!

Camillion wrote:Nice guide, DD!

Thank you 8D
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spottedstream5037 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:09 am

Thanks for the guide c: , I found it very helpful, especially for newer players that might have a little trouble with trading c:

7/24/15

Back after a long break! Excited to be here!
They/them
Spottedstream5037

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Great guide DD <3
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 am

Nice guide ^_^

Question:
I've been under the impression that making a series of trades that follow the three month rule can count as paperclipping, like this (each arrow represents a trade):

June 2013 common -> April 2013 common -> March 2013 common -> January 2013 common -> December 2012 common -> October 2012 common -> August 2012 common -> June 2012 common

Start: June 2013 common
End: June 2012 common

(I'm using average demand pets in my examples, so please don't overcomplicate this @__@)

Apparently, I've been under the wrong impression all this time, which makes me feel awkward because I used to say that the three month rule paperclips are okay... when apparently, they don't even exist and are actually called something else by (I'm presuming) the general CS populace. xD So what would this type of trade be called? Trading up? But it doesn't really seem like it since each individual trade is just a "fair" trade using the three month rule...

I've also seen some paperclippers who are also okay with using the three month rule in both directions (older and younger pets), and they called their trading "paperclips" as well. This was over half a year ago, though, so I'm not sure if they're still around.

(Just in case someone misunderstands: I do understand that one way to paperclip is the one mentioned in this thread. I'm just wondering if I've been misunderstanding a different trading method as "paperclipping".)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 am

The original paperclipping term means exchanging something for something worth more. This is essentially the same as the 3 month rules if you stay within the same rarity - however when paperclipping started it was more the '1uncommon = 1 rare' type of paperclipping and that's not the same as the 3 month rule xD

So yes, in essence, paperclipping within 3 months is the same as the 3 month rules - go outside of that 3 month rule and it's just paperclipping and considered unfair?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me