An In-Depth Guide to Trading! [Fairness/Etiquette/Demand]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: An In-Depth Guide to Trading! [Fairness/Etiquette/Demand

Postby StereoSalvation » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:27 am

Hi I’m not sure where to ask this, but here seems appropriate.
I have seen people talk about the worth of their pet in MA in Nons. Could anyone tell me what those abbreviations stand for?
Ive been on CS for a long time but I have very rarely taken in part heavily in the trading scene so my knowledge on pet worth is fairly base level.

why did i decide to start sorting my pet groups by color sos
StereoSalvation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: An In-Depth Guide to Trading! [Fairness/Etiquette/Demand

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:34 am

StereoSalvation wrote:Hi I’m not sure where to ask this, but here seems appropriate.
I have seen people talk about the worth of their pet in MA in Nons. Could anyone tell me what those abbreviations stand for?
Ive been on CS for a long time but I have very rarely taken in part heavily in the trading scene so my knowledge on pet worth is fairly base level.

You can get a great breakdown of those terms in this guide! Just scroll down a little.

Essentially MA stands for Mid Advent and Non is short for the nondogs like Nontag Nonjewel etc. These two words equal the value of the pets they are named after. Some Mid Advent Dogs are worth 1 MA and a Nonjewel, Nonswirl, Noncoon is worth 1 Non.

Why do these terms matter, MA or Non? We can value pets off of them. 1 MA is equal to 6 to 9 2009 rares. 1 Non is equal to 10 to 12 MA pets. So if you see someone has a 1 MA pet for trade you can offer 6 to 9 2009 rares or 1 MA pet and usually it's fair.

I recommend you look over that guide I linked. If you know the name of a very rare+ pet chances are you can search the name and find it in the list. If I search "Rainbow Draft" for the 2009 Very Rare draft horses you see its name is in the .5 MA group. 1 MA is 6 to 9 2009 rares so half would be 3 to 4 2009 rares. Now if you advertise your Rainbow Draft for trade you will know at a glance if someone is offering you a fair trade. They offered you 2 2009 rares? Cancel. They offered you a Very Rare pet that is also listed in the .5 MA group? Accept! Easy as that.

Most traders use that guide. If you become familiar with it trades become a lot easier than guesswork! Hope this helps.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me