September 2013 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2013 Discussion Thread

Postby LittleStarWolf » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 am

ziggy.stardust wrote:
Misfit22 wrote:Beetlejuice!

Let me love you ;0;

I adore the hand staff dog, and I'm so glad he didn't get wings.
Has it been claimed?

wow-ee.
Today's dog= Beetlejuice
Yağmur's= Josette
Tree dog= Sleepy Hollow?
My fangirl just broke x.x

See I'm not the only one who thought Sleepy Hollow on Tree Dog!
Slowly closing my account.
All pets in trade group are for trade for FR treasure.

LittleStarWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ser » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:08 am

this year my staff favorites were these two
    ImageImage

i also hoard them, so i may or may not be biased. cx .
ser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tawny224 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:18 pm

~~*HellSpirit*~~ wrote:A vintage fairy princess.. That really fits her ^.^ I wonder wether she will turn rare after a few years?

The staff pets will always have the same rarity as each other ^^
Tawny224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookworm. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Tawny224 wrote:
~~*HellSpirit*~~ wrote:A vintage fairy princess.. That really fits her ^.^ I wonder wether she will turn rare after a few years?

Not necessarily forever, when they get their rarities yes, but they may change differently.
.TRADING.FOR.TOKENS.
charries - wishlist/trading - cs world records
bookworm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plutonian » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:33 pm

angel. wrote:
Tawny224 wrote:

Not necessarily forever, when they get their rarities yes, but they may change differently.

That is incorrect sorry... all staff pets will always have the same rarity, so there is no "favoritism" of the staff. To be fair to every staff. ^^; They might turn rare later on, but that'll be in many years, together. ^^
╔═━»━═╗
=
╚═━«━═╝
╔═══───══───═══╗
==
==
=====ImageImage⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
╚═══───══───═══╝
plutonian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonGirl218 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:23 pm

angel. wrote:
Tawny224 wrote:

No, all have the same rarity, period, if I recall correctly. The only exception was back in 2009 when one of the outcomes was accidentally left out of the programmed outcomes so everyone got 1 (2?) of it, which made it rarer overall. Other than that, the only way to have one outcome rarer than others from staff pets would be if someone made a massive hoard and then deleted all of them specifically to make it rarer.
DragonGirl218

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:24 pm

It's possible for there to be very slight variations in rarity among the staff pets just due to random chance. :3 They're all set to have the exact same probability of showing up, but that doesn't mean there will be exactly equal numbers of each one at the end. For example, you might have this setup for adoption rates on a litter:

Dog A = 25%
Dog B = 25%
Dog C = 25%
Dog D = 25%

That means every adopted dog in that litter has a 1 in 4 chance of being any one outcome, but you could still draw the same dog four times over because the chance of getting that dog doesn't change no matter how many have already been adopted. As a result, the final percentages of dogs actually adopted site-wide might look more like this:

Dog A = 22%
Dog B = 17%
Dog C = 32%
Dog D = 29%

If the numbers of each outcome were close to the rarity division line, Dog B could go rare a little bit before Dog C, even though they were supposed to be the same rarity. However, in the staff litters the minor variations in rarity from this effect have far less impact on the dogs' values than demand does, so the rarity variations can generally be ignored. Even if it happens that one staff dog's label says 'Rare' while its littermate's says 'Uncommon', they are still so close in true rarity that it makes no real difference to their overall value. :3
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby war paint » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Nicely put Atwood
Hey, so as you can see I am quitting...
But that doesnt mean you can ask for pets.
Before I go I want to say goodbye to some amazing people;
MintTea. For being a awesome friend
.:Radioactive:. For being a person close to my heart
I am still doing signatures so don't worry
"Im not a dead man, I just lost faith" - Me
If you want to talk to me please do via ask.fm
war paint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicnova » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Atwood wrote:It's possible for there to be very slight variations in rarity among the staff pets just due to random chance. :3 They're all set to have the exact same probability of showing up, but that doesn't mean there will be exactly equal numbers of each one at the end. For example, you might have this setup for adoption rates on a litter:

Dog A = 25%
Dog B = 25%
Dog C = 25%
Dog D = 25%

That means every adopted dog in that litter has a 1 in 4 chance of being any one outcome, but you could still draw the same dog four times over because the chance of getting that dog doesn't change no matter how many have already been adopted. As a result, the final percentages of dogs actually adopted site-wide might look more like this:

Dog A = 22%
Dog B = 17%
Dog C = 32%
Dog D = 29%

If the numbers of each outcome were close to the rarity division line, Dog B could go rare a little bit before Dog C, even though they were supposed to be the same rarity. However, in the staff litters the minor variations in rarity from this effect have far less impact on the dogs' values than demand does, so the rarity variations can generally be ignored. Even if it happens that one staff dog's label says 'Rare' while its littermate's says 'Uncommon', they are still so close in true rarity that it makes no real difference to their overall value. :3

I respect you so much for typing all this out for us XD Thank you Atwood. :D

For this staff litter, it is so difficult to pick favorites XD I've got a few.

Image Those eyes <3
Image Hehehe Are you my mummy? :3 (Lol Doctor Who reference)
Image Those peacock feathers, omg <3
Image Squirrels are the best! This one is so cute <3
Image So much detail <3 She's so pretty!
Image I love this one so much <3
Image This one is very unique. I adore him :D
Image I adore that tail and the leaf on it's head XD Love it!

Keep in mind that I like these just a teensy bit more than the others XD I cannot pick just one favorite though <3
Last edited by Nicnova on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
───────────────────────────────
❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞
█████████████████████
┌────────────── [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - ©
└─ [ ✰ ] ──────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

────────────────────────────
⤷. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE
────────────────────────────
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┈┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⤴︎
████████████████████████████████
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookworm. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Atwood wrote:It's possible for there to be very slight variations in rarity among the staff pets just due to random chance. :3 They're all set to have the exact same probability of showing up, but that doesn't mean there will be exactly equal numbers of each one at the end. For example, you might have this setup for adoption rates on a litter:

Dog A = 25%
Dog B = 25%
Dog C = 25%
Dog D = 25%

Dog A = 22%
Dog B = 17%
Dog C = 32%
Dog D = 29%

Thank you, Atwood; that's exactly what I was trying to express.

Zebra. wrote:
angel. wrote:
Tawny224 wrote:The staff pets will always have the same rarity as each other ^^

That is incorrect sorry... all staff pets will always have the same rarity, so there is no "favoritism" of the staff. To be fair to every staff. ^^; They might turn rare later on, but that'll be in many years, together. ^^

Not necessarily together, there's always the chance of a hoarder going offline for long periods of time and certain dogs being given a higher rarity. It's I've had very rares turn rare, omgsorare's tun very rare.. you see it almost every year in the re-releases.
Last edited by Spotty on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post
.TRADING.FOR.TOKENS.
charries - wishlist/trading - cs world records
bookworm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me