Hoard Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Hoard Discussion Thread

Postby voe » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Welcome To The Hoard Discussion Thread

I didn't see one like this at all here, so i thought i might as well make one.
This is a place for people to share their hoards and talk about them and what not.

This is not a club or an army, there are no member lists,
this is just a place for hoarders to come and give their two cents.
We want to hear all about your hoards!
If you hoard, you don't need to fill out a form or anything to become a regular here.
Just post here and talk about your hoards!
How difficult it is to find the pets you hoard, why you love to hoard them, what your goals are, etc. ^^

Rules
Try Not To Show Off
We understand that a lot of people are excited about their hoards, but bragging or rubbing it in peoples' faces is just rude.

Avoid Spam
To keep this thread from being locked, please avoid doing the following things:
Bumping- Soon, this thread will not need bumping ^^
Off topic chat- Not allowed here, only talk of hoards!
Asking For Trades- This is not a trade thread.
Asking for free Pets- This is not an adoption thread.
Fighting- Come on people! Keep it to PMs or what not!

Just follow basic cs thread rules and you will be alright!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to complain, rave, get excited, and post any hoard updates you feel like sharing with people!
This is a place for hoards to be noticed
Plus i am always curious as to why people hoard things!

Questions You Can Answer!
As conversation starters, you know?~

What do you hoard?

Why do you hoard them?

How large is your hoard?

What is your goal for the hoard?

Do you overpay for hoard pets/items?

What was the first pet/item in your hoard?

Alright, Have Fun Here!
ImageImage Image Image ImageImage
'Darien' he/they femboy collector of leopard geckos

Feel free to message me about anything, even if it isn't CS related!
I'm usually happy to help with date swaps, with or without add-ons
I'm not fluent in lower rarity math so please correct me if I'm wrong

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageAKA Eibai, Nynecho, Gef, Atomsk, Glamrock Freddy, Elfo, MulaImage
voe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved.

Postby voe » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 pm

I will probably put some random contest here later
Last edited by voe on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Post

Postby voe » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 pm

What do you hoard?
Lions of all kinds!

Why do you hoard them?
They are my favorite cs lineart, and the fact that they are not released often gives me a challenge!

How large is your hoard?
About 800 strong.

To be the largest special species hoard, which is about 2000.

I overpay tons XD Sometimes rares for quantities of very commons.

My first lion was probably traded away long ago.... i can't seem to find my original adopts from 2010 christmas XD

voe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread

Postby yeentei » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Hm, looks like an interesting discussion.

You know those little fox ratties we got last year, in December? Well, I have decided
    to hoard them. For some reason I have always loved the rat lineart, it's my favourite.
    So far, I have 68. Gosh, those rats are hard to get! My goal is 1000. I haven't even got
    100 yet. I started to hoard them in, January, I think. I don't know. I hoard them 'cause
    the litter is soo damn cool cx. Also, I don't understand why rats are valued less. Moar!!

(Lol)

Edit; Ooh second post after Nynecho woop x3

yeen - he/they, adult
i haven't been active here for a hot minute
art by spark-platinum
yeentei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Summer~Breeze » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi! I'm hoarding the staff dogs of 2012, in memory of a girl I once knew, Chloe. My aim for the hoard is to beat the record for largest same blanket litter, which is currently at 7000. Luckily, they're only very common, and people could adopt loads, so they're pretty easy to come by.

However, my main supplier has been SabjeBammie! She had 2000 or 3000 staff dogs, and is hoarding cats for a cause. So basically, I've been collecting lots and lots of cats from adoption centres and quitting people. Then I've given her 20 cats, and I've got 20 staff puppies in return. This has been going on for ages and my hoard is around 1800, ill post a link later!

Anyway, if you have any spares, please send a trade over and ill be happy to work something out! Lastly, no I don't really overpay, but some people seem to think that 20 staff pups can get them a sunjewel bunny :|

Edit; here's the link to my group! c:
Summer~Breeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 pm

What do you hoard? / Why do you hoard them?
Many pets that I love, hold a meaning to me and are just gorgeous (well, to me. Because it's my taste)
By now, over 200.

How large is your hoard?
Only 20 pets MAX, because I like to have exactly one page of pets. My OCD speaks to me. n_n
And I think if I own too many of them, they'll lose their value to me.

Just to complete it ;3

Yes, definitely.
I often pay 1 uncommon for 1 common or even 1 very common hoard pet.

Back in 2009, I focused on getting more pets instead of hoarding. I bite myself for that now.
The first hoard pet of mine is the Malk Smiley:
Later on I managed to complete some hoards of 2009 pets, but there are many, many, many pets which are now nearly impossible to hoard ^^;
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 am

What do you hoard?
All Chinese New Year pets.

Why do you hoard them?
It started as a cultural thing, and because I really loved the pets the first year. I just kinda kept going. It's kept me active on C$, and it's fun.

How large is your hoard?
6,490 at the time of this post.
15,084 on 12/15/13. Quite happy about that. :D

No idea. I'd like to maintain my CS Hoard World Record, but I know I have competition now. We'll see how it goes. Eventually, when I quit, I'll gift them all away to people with hoards they would fit in.

Within reason. Every pet I hoard is uncommon or lower, so I'm not going to give '09 rares for 2 of them. I don't mind being a little generous with C$ or regular trades with polite traders on occasion.

<3
Last edited by Xiao_Jian on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daniel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:33 am

What do you hoard?
    My largest hoard consists of butterfly wolves - click
    I also hoard doomsday dogs - click
    The 2012 Pluma Staff dogs - click
    The recent "cake dogs" - click
    The recent "butterfly dogs" - click
    The 2012 Vampric dogs - click
    I also hoard these items:
    Pigeons
    All food and drink items (see the other pets in the STORAGE group)
    Hermit Crabs

Why do you hoard them?
    I like butterfly wolves, I like all the others pets, food&drink items are colorful, hermit crabs are fun and pigeons are ho ho ho.

How large is your hoard?
    In order of above:
    Items:
    Unknown, a large amount

Butterfly wolves is site world record (lol) the other pet ones vary between 50-20 and there's no goal for the items.

I have been known to.

Probably one of the ones from this litter:
[Pub][Rook][Marty][Tag][Adam][Dust]

current themsong - june - A Little Messed Up

I hoard butterfly wolves

Things we lost to the flame
Things we'll never see again....
All that we've amassed
Sits before us, s h a tter e d into a

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxh .
Daniel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:07 am

What do you hoard?
well let's see, my main hoard is brown sorren's under the name Immortal Elixir. The group was previously known as Elixir Greens.

Why do you hoard them?
easy, i'm a sucker for green eyes -.o

How large is your hoard?
uh, six ... it's still rather new. actually it's not new at all, i just forgot about it. i think thats all the brown sorrens i have, there might be one or two lost in other groups ...

unlimited, i tried to think of a number. i really did, but ... aww just look at 'em!

depends on the quanity really ...

this handsome boy from the pound ^.^ i plan to give all my sorren's a name, their already gendered in my head.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Summer~Breeze » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 am

Lucybelle wrote:
What do you hoard?
well let's see, my main hoard is brown sorren's under the name Immortal Elixir. The group was previously known as Elixir Greens.

Why do you hoard them?
easy, i'm a sucker for green eyes -.o

How large is your hoard?
uh, six ... it's still rather new. actually it's not new at all, i just forgot about it. i think thats all the brown sorrens i have, there might be one or two lost in other groups ...

unlimited, i tried to think of a number. i really did, but ... aww just look at 'em!

depends on the quanity really ...

this handsome boy from the pound ^.^ i plan to give all my sorren's a name, their already gendered in my head.

Awww their green eyes are adorable! I have green eyes, but they look more grey. Meh.

Yeah, I kinda want to name all my staff puppies but I have 2000.... I might not. Probably not c:
Summer~Breeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me