My Chicken Smoothie Story: A TymidTale. :)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

My Chicken Smoothie Story: A TymidTale. :)

Postby Rhett-Chee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 pm

I've seen a few of these in the Chicken Smoothie Chat, and all I've seen have inspired me. I would like to share mine, now...from one new Chickensmoothier to all of you out there, showing how the impossible is all too possible.

I joined Chicken Smoothie April of this year. I had guested it a couple of years back without creating an account, and I got reintroduced to it from Felisfire. It was nearing the end of finals, and I was looking for pet sites that could possibly occupy my time throughout the summer break. Little did I know, I would be finding this site.

I am a full grown woman who suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Depression, and Anxiety. I think this is why I radiate to pet sites so much. This is also why I typically join a pet-site, get really into it for a month or two, lose interest and never come back. I was thinking that this would likely be the case when I joined this site.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

I remember sitting for hours, staring at the screen, looking for trades. I remember feeling overjoyed whenever someone responded to my newbie thread. One thing that staggered me about this site was the sheer amount of kindness from the userbase. Gifts began pouring in from all sides; I was staggered. It was then that I decided that this would not only be a therapeutic site for me, but one where I could make people smile, too.

I look back at my old trades, and I slightly wince at the UR butterwolf I gave away on my first day. It had been gifted to me, but I saw it on someone else's wishlist, and though that that was the most important thing on the site. I also managed to gift away a Toxic and a few other rares that I look at today and just smile at. But...those first few trades is what started me gifting. I wanted to do something for those people who had been so kind to me.

After about a week of obsessive playing, my OCD slammed into me with a terrifying thought. It was the same thought that had kept me playing Poke'mon for hours and hours, trading and swapping and sweating and "ARGH"ing. It was this thought that usually made me take a step back from pet sites, never to return. One symptom of my OCD is completing collections. I realized that I wanted to do that on this site.

A few hours later, and the majority of my Wishlist checked off, I realized I had resigned myself to collecting one of every pet on Chicken Smoothie. The task was daunting. I felt threatened and scared.

...And that's when the gifting began.

Almost as soon as I put my goal out for the public to see, gifts began pouring in. This had never happened to me before when I had made an impossible goal. It was invigorating, and it made me humbled to know that people were still willing to help me. The kindness of others on this site caused me to think that my goal was not only possible, but VERY possible.

I wanted to do something to pay it forward. Thus, I began bombing in full force. To this day, I still browse people's wishlists, and give what I can. If I only have one of a pet, and it's that person's dreamie, even if I still have my goal of collecting one of every pet, I'll give it. That smile I know is on the other side of the screen makes it all worthwhile.

I joined in April of this year, with a full Wishlist of EVERY pet on Chicken Smoothie. I am now down to 27 pages. While I know that is still a lot, my collection ranges from 2008s to now, and having joined so short of a time ago, I am very grateful.

I would like to thank the members who have helped me get to where I am, either by trades, or by gifts. I would also like to thank this site for aiding me in a way I never thought possible.

Keep hunting for your dreams, ChickenSmoothiers. Whether you are old, new, or somewhere in between, there is someone out there on this vast site who will be willing to help you achieve your dreams. Don't let the bad trades get you down; there's always a good one to follow it. And most importantly...have fun! You never know when a random gifter will come your way to brighten your day.
Currently trying to catch up on all 2019 pets! Send trades!

I really love lions and foxes and parrots and parrot related things!

My goal is to collect one of every pet!! Any gifts are welcome, I also gift back!!
Rhett-Chee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me