We could make any pet R, VR, or even OMGSR

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

We could make any pet R, VR, or even OMGSR

Postby Cuspid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:09 am

Ok, so raritys are how many there are right, so if people deleted certain pets, they could be rare. Just a thought, I know no one would but just something to think about, I want to chat about it here, so just post below what you re thinking about my theory.

Did anyone else think about this?
Last edited by Cuspid on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
<== I'm more active
on flight rising if for
some reason you want
to come in contact with
me! feel free to add me!
Cuspid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: We could make any pet R, VR, or even OMGSR

Postby IAmLink » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:24 am

I've seen several people bring this up before. It's interesting I guess, but not something I'd personally do.
"But Link, when all of this is over...will you come wake me up?"

ImageImageImageImageImage
IAmLink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EarthMist » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:03 am

I actually think this theory could be true! I read the ratio thing to how many uncommons and rares there have to be on CS to make them rare, so your theory could be correct, that is one smart predicament! :clap:
Image Image Image Image
EarthMist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cuspid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 am

I think it would be cool if it were to be tried.
<== I'm more active
on flight rising if for
some reason you want
to come in contact with
me! feel free to add me!
Cuspid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 am

It does sound interesting, but why would you want to make it harder for others to collect or hoard on purpose?

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 am

The thing about that is, you'd have to be a very rich player in order to gobble up a ton of all of one outcome. I'm talking well over a thousand here depending on that pet's release date and current rarity. Very few players actually have hoards that large or can trade for a hoard that large.

It's been discussed before and in the end, no one is really willing to sacrifice their entire collection to trade for animals to just delete them just to see if this kind of theory works.

If you're talking about many people deleting one pet, the more people you have, the more of a chance there is of someone backing out and keeping their pets.

In the end, it's a nice theory but in the end it's easier for most people to just wait for rarities to be adjusted.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cuspid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:47 am

It is very unlikely to be achieved, yes but just a cool thing to think about, maybe Tess or an admin knows?
Last edited by Cuspid on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<== I'm more active
on flight rising if for
some reason you want
to come in contact with
me! feel free to add me!
Cuspid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Engel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 am

I've thought about it alot lol. I've wondered what would happen if hoarders, that have hundreds of some common pet, just deleted their hoard. Surely it would make an impact
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Engel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 am

The red eye project started with an outcome that no one really wanted with the goal of increasing it's value by taking some out of circulation.
Because of the popularity of the thread and the number of people involved, the once rather common pet now has a very nice trade value.

Once you hoard something, you get attached to it. The things that you didn't like, you don't notice so much now and you can point out things you like about it. There is always someone out there that adores that totally unwanted pet enough to hoard it. I believe there's a couple of people that hoard rainbow drafts to name an example. At one point, warrior cats couldn't be given away because they were so unwanted- anyone could get many of them any time they wanted so why make more?
Now they are rare. This could be because people deleted the extras in droves when Tess made a post about the number of pets in CS waaaaayy back in November when limits were made but who is to say for sure. ;)
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benny5678 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:05 am

if anyone is willing i think we could start a group of maybe the most 20 people and decide on one pet outcome. then all of use can hoard them but at our own rate. at the end of the month we could count them all up and maybe collect for a little whiler and then delete them. then we could expierment on if the rarity will go up. if anyone wants to join me let me know ;) once enough people agree on this we can then vote on a pet and collect. im not sure if this will work or anyone would lke to do this. but yeah......also idk if it would be smarter to start with a uncommen or a rare. the rare would be cool but hard to get and i think uncommens would be better though ;)

so if ur interested pm me or i could make a post.

ps. sorry for writing this on ur thread Endea it involved this and i dont know where to post it.

Yes i am a girl. just with an odd username in honor of my dog with cancer.

Need 1,000,000 cats!!!! please help and send me some trades, its for a good cause. check out rachel's challenge.

Looking for C$ or the new store dogs despertly! please send a trade!
benny5678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me