"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:38 pm

I'd also like to add again that anyone who is reading/stalking this thread and has opinions is more than welcome to post with those opinions and ideas.
I feel like recently we've had more people willing to post who have never posted before, and heck didn't even know they were allowed to. I personally didn't know I was allowed to input on here until I stalked it for about a year last year and I've been a user since o8. ^^
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:43 pm

I think getting the majority of the community involved with this is a great idea. However there are three things we have to take into consideration:
1. Not all users care for the list. They may know what it is, but that doesn't mean they'll use it.
2. This game is meant for kids. The list can get fairly complicated. We can't assume that they'll fully understand it.
3. Not all users explore the forums. I didn't find this until a long time after I joined.
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm

@Star just wanted to throw out that it is actually extremely improbable for us to get every single person's response on what to do. That's exactly why statistics is a thing and proper research uses things like sample sizes all the time to get their information.

The thing is even if we asked every single person on the site and by some miracle got a response from everyone we'd still run into the issue of not everyone agreeing with the same method and to be honest we'd probably have very similar results to the one we current got because well that's exactly what a sample size gives us. It gives us a close to accurate portrayal of our population without having to ask every single person.

Also Tess has already mentioned that she doesn't use the List and only keeps it because we want it so we honestly don't have a way to advertise any polls. We did the best we could without being allowed to post it on the front page and we actually got over the amount of responses needed for a good sample size.

So are you just mad that we didn't ask every single person on the site? Do you possibly have some input on what to do to make the List better? We're not close minded on this issue and have been begging people for solutions and honestly even though we've started working on something that doesn't mean we're going to ignore anyone who might have an idea that we can use. So if you have something I'm sure we'd be happy to hear what is so we could discuss it.
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:50 pm

One big thing that is never mentioned is that:

WE ARE USERS AND A COMMUNITY AND COME HERE TO HAVE FUN

Everything that happens is voluntary. Everything. No one gets paid to be here. We spend time here to have fun and enjoy things and just chill. The fact that so many amazing users go and do things to make things work is awesome. So when a user is telling another user they aren't doing enough; trust me when I say every user is doing enough, more than enough. People have lives outside of CS and spending it in here instead of there is a statement in itself.
Last edited by Goostarion on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:52 pm

I'd like to throw in that I (the person working on the rarity only list, for those who don't know) have never participated in the rares list before this discussion started in December.

I also don't claim to have any better qualifications then anybody else.
I'm just the person who first suggested doing a rarity only list, despite the huge amount of work needed for it, so I volunteered to take that needed work onto my shoulders.

The only thing that maybe qualifies me is that I am a sucker for using the forum search (therefore know how to find stuff easily) and actually have a knack for archiving things.

I'd like to point out that nothing of my work on the new list has anything to do with opinions. It's facts and data collected over the years about rarity changes and nothing more.
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BackstreetGirl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:57 pm

No one even new they were aloud to..see my point???

Love You :)
BackstreetGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm very similar to Lya and basically the only things I've done are throw out cynical ideas about humanity, theoretical ideas about revamping the List, and dug up old posts thanks to my similar forum-searching skillz combined with my 8.5 years' worth (a little less since I went on hiatus for a while) of memories. Despite being an '08 user, I never seriously List-traded beyond climbing a couple of tiers on the Advent List, and I don't think I ever tried to help with List values, although I did attempt to understand the List in 2012. And I haven't actively traded in any aspect for nearly four years (this does mean I'm missing a ton of regular monthly outcomes).

I don't know exactly how others (except for some people) perceive my opinions but as far as I'm concerned, the only thing I'm qualified for is grunt work lol I can't contribute to content. I have never been involved in pet placement discusssions.

I would totally help Lya but I've already spent way too much time on CS at the cost of my academics (don't follow my example)

@Star If you have a suggestion to make more users aware, please tell us. I'm serious. Two caveats:
1) cannot have any sense of officialness from the admins or staff
2) must abide by forum rules, especially the spam/harassment ones

I recognize that publicity is a major problem. I think a lot of us also recognize that it's a major problem. But we're at a loss on how to solve it by ourselves without harassing people and in a feasible manner. So polling a majorly active thread was our next best solution, and it ran for a while.

Also, I'm not sure where you're from or how old you are (don't share that information!), but if you can, take AP Statistics. It's an awesome class and I wish it were a required class for every student on Earth.
Last edited by nickjr on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:03 pm

♥Star♥ wrote:No one even new they were aloud to..see my point???

Instead of getting upset and telling us we haven't done enough (which we tried to do everything we could to include people), maybe make a constructive suggestion? If you want to help, please join in and give realistic suggestions that can be carried out. We are all ears.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jiloon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:03 pm

♥Star♥ wrote:No one even new they were aloud to..see my point???

I'm just commenting because I've been following the conversation and give my two cents every now and again cx

People didn't used to know they could participate in conversations on this thread, but over the last 6 months or so, while the whole thing about changing "The" Rares List has been going on, it's been announced repeatedly can, and are encouraged to give input. So anyone who even sort of checks and uses the thread probably noticed the page count was going up a ton, and probably saw that anyone and everyone could comment. Even just people asking questions on values were answered and not deleted or something. I see how some people might be worried about posting on the thread and being shot down or called stupid, but that's not going to happen, and it's been fairly obvious that people are supposed to give their opinions and keep the discussion going. Maybe you could organize and coordinate a sticker or banner thing to start spreading around CS about commenting on the Rares List thread and giving opinions, while staying within site rules? That way more people might get a say in things, I guess?

Anyways, I can't wait to see Lya's rarity list, as it'll definitely affect the normal Rares List, and perhaps adjust things a bit c:
: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . :

. : .

. : .

: . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

just here for the vibes

Jiloon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:04 pm

We picked the forum with the most volume of traders (which are literally the only people who matter for a list about trading) and posted it there. We did the best we could with the circumstances we had.

Now I'll ask again...do you have any suggestions of what we should do? If not all you're accomplishing is bringing up issues we attempted to solve months ago and there is literally no reason to talk about it. Complaining doesn't help, solutions do so please if you have any suggestions or solutions then that is what we need not someone telling us we did everything wrong.
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me