"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Updated [28-11-2016]

Postby .zombie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:17 am

So let me get this straight, please dont bash me for being ignorant, but are we only making format changes to the list or moving pets around?
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 am

z.ombie wrote:
So let me get this straight, please dont bash me for being ignorant, but are we only making format changes to the list or moving pets around?

I would say the first course should be to make the list more understandable before we think about moving things around. We cant fix the notunderstandableness of the guide by simply movin pets around so thats where the focus should be at. Making it understandable, less set in stone but also more accesible
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:19 am

I personally like the suggestions DD made. It seems like a good middle ground to me. It would make trading and the adding up if pets more flexible, while also not "adjusting" the values of pets. I think this is what I was mostly worried about if the format of the list were to be changed a lot. I think that if the gaps list was altered, as DD said, users could decide which pets they thought would be fair, while still have an outline of the pets' rarities as a guideline.
(I hope this makes sense since I'm on mobile and trying to type as I'm walking to my final)
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:52 am

I understand whats being said on the list interpretation. But you still have to realize the current BIG Tier System that tries to show that X is worth more or less than Y is still complicated, overanalyzed and overapplied. There is bound to be a few that could be approximated together which would shorten (and simplify) the list. This would allow the market to open up a bit more.

The old rares list would still be used for a time (albeit privately). But as more time goes by, that no longer updated list will wash away in the minds of many. People will be more comfortable with a shorter list but one that still emphasizes significance from lows to highs.

Jumbling them together to generalize won't wreck things I think. People will still overvalue or undervalue pets. The point is that they can no longer say "This is wrong because you only offered 3.15 Sorbs when X pet calls for 3.47..."

The list is supposed to take them to the ballpark. Not tell them what base to stand on, which way to face, what to swing at, where to run to, and what to wear while doing it... Once they are pointed in the general direction, they can figure out the rest for themselves.

*** Oh and I like Sollobys suggestion about overlapping groups with supply & demand markers.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:44 am

Sorry for posting so much, i recently had a discussion with a user who doesnt understand the list, here are a few points they brought up-
-Demand? Why would people overpay for a specific pet? [such as the yellow toxic]
- Gaps? Why does a Sorbet equal Winged Wood Advent + Red Toxic and what do you do if you don't have those pets? (or pets on the same tier). What if you have quantity advents, how do you add them up?

Hope this helps with what we should add to the thread/list. I think its extremely beneficial to ask users new to the list what they dont understand or would add, since most of us have already gone through the process of learning the list and fully understanding it.
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:35 am

I think that what DD said about making the list more vague would be a nice change, there is a lot of room for the players to decide what to do, but there is still something to guide them, I personally like it! It could be merged with the tagging idea, it would help a lot too

Postby Dark Forest » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:25 am

DaDwarf wrote:
z.ombie wrote:

I would say the first course should be to make the list more understandable before we think about moving things around. We cant fix the notunderstandableness of the guide by simply movin pets around so thats where the focus should be at. Making it understandable, less set in stone but also more accesible

Yes I agree that we first should concentrate us to the first point;; Making the list more understandable.

Changes on the list wouldn't be smart anyways before march. Many people, including me, mentioned this before, since dec. 18 is soon and it would be just much more confusing for everyone to value their pets if we do changes now. (Winter is coming guys, winter is coming.... well this must be confusing for everyone who don't get the joke, ahh. ._.)
HUGE Giveaway!
Red Cerb, Raven Dog and many other Ex-Lists, Rares & Stores!
Check it out
Dark Forest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 am

I'm going to stress real quick, that when Dec 18 comes around, I think it would be best if anyone who intends to help users with trades, either through the Fair Trade Thread or independently through pms, that we do not even mention the list is about to be going through a dramatic change.

We don't want the community to panic even more then it's already going to. So when answering trades, just use the current guide, and don't drop the hint "But sometime soon this could change."
It will cause people to panic.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:34 am

It was mentioned a few times that no major changes would be done til as late as Februfarie. All this is is just a discussion about improving the current climate plaguing CS.

The list is too complex as it is without some visual way to make it easier to understand. I don't think the guides themselves are the only problem, but also the way the list is presented.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:39 am

WASSAP wrote:It was mentioned a few times that no major changes would be done til as late as Februfarie. All this is is just a discussion about improving the current climate plaguing CS.

The list is too complex as it is without some visual way to make it easier to understand. I don't think the guides themselves are the only problem, but also the way the list is presented.

I'm aware, but I am saying no one should leave this thread (or the other one) repeating the information we are stating here to give advice for trades/Dec 18.
The phrase, loose lips sinks ships will become all to real if people go around giving advice to people who need trade help that 'doesn't matter if it's fair now, wait a few months and it won't be."
^ that's what I am stressing no one does.
Just as a reminder with Dec 18 2-3 days away.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me