"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby cuddlewuffle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 am

kee. wrote:
Someone made a program to count the ids so that really didn’t that long. It’s taking awhile though because the people who can actually use and interpret the data that was found are very busy at the moment.

-kee

oh, i see.
check out my CS pet finder website!

http://whatpetdidiget.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you're not sure what your Dec. 18th pet is worth, DO NOT accept any trades for it until you've checked if it's fair in the thread below!!

December 18th: Is this a fair trade?
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 am

So I tried searching, but I feel like the original answer is a bit too far back and I'm not in the mood for digging.
Can someone explain to me the new list? i.e what it will be based off, and how it's supposed to aid in the demand crisis? ('cause seriously, I'm tired of being refused pets when offering MASSIVE overpay. Usually in a quite rude manner, too). I'm a little dumbfounded by how much demand has taken over the list. It's being completely ignored at this point, and the replies I always receive are "I've been offered a non for this", etc., and it's ridiculously unfair and not feasible, especially for beginners who are trying to get their first lists. Paper-clipping used to be relatively easy. I would assume now it's very difficult. It would seem that nobody wants to trade up, and everyone will only accept trades with hellacious overpay. Greed is a weird thing..
I am looking forward to implementation of a new list.
"When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path." ~Oki

Kyles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 am

The new list will have demand removed as much as possible. Meaning, that demand won’t be used to help place the pets. It will instead be based off of the rarity and availability of the pets. By not including demand as it is now, users won’t be able to apply demand to their pets twice when trading. Hopefully then demand will be more user based and not set into the list.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:13 am

That makes sense. But at the same time, I can see many problems with that. I'm sure people will be aggravated when their pets seem to go down in value.. not to mention the many people who will still attempt to squeeze every ounce of demand out of their pets to obtain as much as they can for them. I'm hoping most people will hop on board with this; demand is driven by the consumer, after all. Thanks for the response ^.^
"When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path." ~Oki

Kyles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evilpineapples » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm

so i asked this about ten pages back, but it was near the end of the page so im not sure if anyone actually saw it since it wasn't answered. when the new list comes out, will the current list be deleted or will they both coexist?

also it may have already been asked and answered, but if the admin already have the data for the pets on the site, (which they would need in order to give pets a rarity) how come we can't use that data to create the new list? it would most likely be more precise than anything users could ever come up with.
im gonna go out on a limb here and try to answer my own question: im guessing its because the list is user-made and by giving out the data for the pets on the site it would make the list 100% official
evilpineapples

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:56 pm

I believe the current list will be removed. Of course users will probably still have copies of it saved, but having both available on the site would quickly become confusing. It two users tried trading who had decided to use different lists, it could be impossible for them to value their pets and make a trade they both believed was fair.

And yes, you did answer your own question. Nick has said that he won’t give out any exact numbers of how many of each pet are on the site.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoella❤ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 pm

why isnt a non balloon up with the other nons?

because*ccough* the non balloon is a NON balloon
like a nontag
nonjewel
nonswirl
the other one
xImage
┌───────┐

You are...
beautiful
amazing
perfect
just.be.you!

└───────┘
┌─────────────────────┐

Hi guys! I'm Zoella!
I would love to dance with you, Dustin <3
Mileven is real
Love ya, Gaten. Your amazing.
I have met Gaten IRL, and he is amazing.
COME TALK TO ME! I am open to anything!
If you have feelings problems,
just come find me.
Ill help you <3

└─────────────────────┘
┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
Zoella❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Zoella❤ wrote:why isnt a non balloon up with the other nons?

because*ccough* the non balloon is a NON balloon
like a nontag
nonjewel
nonswirl
the other one

Nons are not valued just for the fact that they're "non" something - though it does seem odd to see the nonballoon lower than the other "non" dogs. The primary difference is the months in which they were released. :) The non coon, jewel, swirl, and tag are all higher on the list because they're from July 2008. The nonballoon is from August 2008.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 am

Pet's name: Dark Heart Rat

I'm not sure this is the thread for it, but this is the dark heart rat on the mainlist, correct?
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:14 am

TimberWolfHowl wrote:Image
Pet's name: Dark Heart Rat

I'm not sure this is the thread for it, but this is the dark heart rat on the mainlist, correct?

Yep, it is! For future reference, there's a version of the list with pictures on pages 2 and 3.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me