"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby Konata. » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Okapi-chan wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:
-snip-

Hekomi wrote:DaDwarf and Trouble did most of the work with the September list! I barely tweaked their values, so this should be credited and thanked to THEM not to me. I will be adding, editing, etc. if necessary.

I know there is a list of updates for the rare list already planned, however I was wondering if it would be possible to update the tier break-down guide? At the moment if you want to figure out the difference between say, a Nick Unicorn and a BEG, you have to jump around a lot to calculate the difference. For those of us who haven't memorised the list it can be pretty daunting. -snip-

I agree^^ It can be pretty hard since I haven't memorized the list either, or barely know how to calculate the gap with well i dunno a September list to a main list. Though I know it'll probably take a lot of work, and I'm not sure if players like DaDwarf have the time. It's probably gonna be very time consuming, and I don't blame them for not editing the gaps list.
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€Ώΰ­¨β™‘ΰ­§β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€Ώ

Lifelong dreams to make
webcomics, music, and merch!
PFP art by shawty kai β™₯

art shopβ™₯ tradesβ™₯ link β™₯ Β©

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
════════ β‹†β˜…β‹† ════════
════════ β‹†β˜…β‹† ════════
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Konata.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - please recheck the front page!

Postby Kyar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:00 pm

You did bring up one of the biggest reasons why something like that hasn't been made - that it would solidify values to an extreme even more than the gaps list already does. The other problems are that there actually isn't any solid "math" that can make the whole thing work and that everyone values pets ever so slightly differently. But mainly if we were to give every pet some sort of "point" value - be it in mid advents or otherwise, would have a huge effect on how extremely picky people would get about the pets. I understand what you're saying but that's something that comes with time, practice, and honestly I learned a ton just from asking other more experienced users. :) It's not a perfect system but the more orderly we make it the more strict it gets to be. When nons first started being "worth 3 sorbets" the sorbets weren't even all on the same tier. The list has been getting less and less flexible already and the last thing I think we need is an even more concrete block to stick it in. :(
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Like kyar said, the reason why the gaps list is 'vague-ish' is because a) rarity math doesnt work and b) creating a point system will only make trading harder. Before the gaps list was made the tiers werent so set in stone, it was a lot easier to figure out a trade with someone because youd discuss worth with them and what they thought about value.

Now everybody clutches to the gaps list so badly that if you are even one advent off your trade gets canceled as unfair. I was never a fan of the gaps list because i knew it would bind down rarities like this. I only created it with komi and trouble because the community kept asking for it regardless of us telling them having a guide like that isnt the best idea. It is updated when the front page is as well, but i wont make it more detailed. Rarity takes time and if you dont want to put that time into it then ask for help on the FTT.

I know there are several members who have made advent lists claiming them to be fair but most of them arent because the gaps dont 100% match up like that. Plus gaps are so big, an advents count down isnt the handiest when yer on the mains list.

I am going to add some of the more common 'jumps' to the post but i am currently still working those out with some people. For that i ask patience. (Like 2 green tox=sorb and such)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:17 am

In the event that the circulation for a specific pet and amount is high enough to drop it to rare (for the sake of argument let's say there were a lot of Scarf Dogs) would it be removed or would we leave it on the list and wait for it to return to its previous value?
Hypothetical of course, I don't see any list pet right now of a mass quantity.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
Β©

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:19 am

Sinbreaker wrote:In the event that the circulation for a specific pet and amount is high enough to drop it to rare (for the sake of argument let's say there were a lot of Scarf Dogs) would it be removed or would we leave it on the list and wait for it to return to its previous value?

i know a couple of the first tier advent list pets ended up rare for a bit, but they were never removed, and their rarity did go back up
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:49 am

Sinbreaker wrote:In the event that the circulation for a specific pet and amount is high enough to drop it to rare (for the sake of argument let's say there were a lot of Scarf Dogs) would it be removed or would we leave it on the list and wait for it to return to its previous value?

I remember seeing the scarf dogs drop to rare
Not in my time on CS but there was a post about it somewhere
I recall someone saying they would not be taken off the list either way.
α”± α”² α”³ α”΄
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:49 am

The scarf dogs were rare a long time while on the list. They were always 'advents' so they belong on the list, they wont be removed if they drop again.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:52 am

Vixey wrote:

I remember seeing the scarf dogs drop to rare
Not in my time on CS but there was a post about it somewhere
I recall someone saying they would not be taken off the list either way.

The grown scarf dogs were added to the list before they went VR. I know even the mid advents were rare as recently as early 2011 maybe? Something like that. Rarity changes don't affect list placement though.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby topazius. » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:34 am

I was very sure that the Purple Sleinpir had more demand than the others since it was in tier one, so that means I have something more valuable than my ultimate dream, huh I never knew.

But in some cases, would the Purple Sleinpir be more valuable than pets in the other tiers?
ImageImageImageImage
topazius.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 am

Pardon me, and I'm sorry if I missed this
But was the Gap list updated?
There are some new conversions I don't remember previously.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
Β©

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me