"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide DO NOT ASK ABOUT NEW URS.

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:46 am

The 2011 store pets were reviewed and we decided that they dont hit 3 09 rades yet. Since discussion their value has gone up because people keep saying they are worth list pets so that only makes it harder to tell if they are really worth that or if people are just demanding overpay.

They will be reevaluated in a month or 2.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maggie~ » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:37 am

Hey, I've got a quick question on the placement of the UR Bengal. I'm confused as to why as an OMGSR, it's lower than many very rare pets. I know that list placement comes from both demand and rarity, and the Bengal arguably has lower demand than some pets above it. However, I think that the Bengal has seen a rise in popularity. Just today, I saw a trade on the FTT where the Bengal was being offered on with a red toxic and more (now, obviously, this is overpay, but there's something to be said for them going for that much). From my time on the FTT, I've seen many similar trades where the Bengal goes for slightly higher (a few tiers) than its position on the list (usually for toxics). And considering that its OMGSR and below many VRs, I'm just wondering if the Bengal needs to be moved.

Here are some trade examples. These are not mine, and all come from auction threads or the FTT.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=50866037&userid=584281&signature=rAGyg9Qo_Qh4xmvPU6aSCw
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=50906535&userid=584281&signature=xVkNrhKSrgEZA4jYzjl8jQ
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=50907997&userid=251452&signature=ENd8_Nei4MIV5T6n27i38g

I know that the December 18th madness is still cooling off, and that could contribute, but I think this has extended before the 18th as well.

If this topic has been clarified before, I'm sorry, it's just a question that's been on my mind for a while and I figured I'd ask for some clarification. Thanks. c:
"Let's go to a place where we can see every star."
★★★★★
Hi, I'm Maggie. My CS time is very limited lately because of school, so I appreciate patience with trades/PMs!
★★★★★
Trade Thread
Auction Thread
★★★★★
maggie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:59 pm

maggie~ wrote:Hey, I've got a quick question on the placement of the UR Bengal. I'm confused as to why as an OMGSR, it's lower than many very rare pets. I know that list placement comes from both demand and rarity, and the Bengal arguably has lower demand than some pets above it. However, I think that the Bengal has seen a rise in popularity. Just today, I saw a trade on the FTT where the Bengal was being offered on with a red toxic and more (now, obviously, this is overpay, but there's something to be said for them going for that much). From my time on the FTT, I've seen many similar trades where the Bengal goes for slightly higher (a few tiers) than its position on the list (usually for toxics). And considering that its OMGSR and below many VRs, I'm just wondering if the Bengal needs to be moved.

Here are some trade examples. These are not mine, and all come from auction threads or the FTT.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=50866037&userid=584281&signature=rAGyg9Qo_Qh4xmvPU6aSCw
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=50906535&userid=584281&signature=xVkNrhKSrgEZA4jYzjl8jQ
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=50907997&userid=251452&signature=ENd8_Nei4MIV5T6n27i38g

I know that the December 18th madness is still cooling off, and that could contribute, but I think this has extended before the 18th as well.

If this topic has been clarified before, I'm sorry, it's just a question that's been on my mind for a while and I figured I'd ask for some clarification. Thanks. c:

If we were gonna use these trades we'd have to have dates. I did see the red toxic offer on the FTT but considering how short a time the bengal has even been placed I think it's too soon to try to reevaluate. If this trend is still continuing in a few months and there is significant evidence (with dates since otherwise these could have been from the 18th last year for all we know) then we could consider making a change.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maggie~ » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Kyar wrote:
maggie~ wrote:Hey, I've got a quick question on the placement of the UR Bengal. I'm confused as to why as an OMGSR, it's lower than many very rare pets. I know that list placement comes from both demand and rarity, and the Bengal arguably has lower demand than some pets above it. However, I think that the Bengal has seen a rise in popularity. Just today, I saw a trade on the FTT where the Bengal was being offered on with a red toxic and more (now, obviously, this is overpay, but there's something to be said for them going for that much). From my time on the FTT, I've seen many similar trades where the Bengal goes for slightly higher (a few tiers) than its position on the list (usually for toxics). And considering that its OMGSR and below many VRs, I'm just wondering if the Bengal needs to be moved.

If we were gonna use these trades we'd have to have dates. I did see the red toxic offer on the FTT but considering how short a time the bengal has even been placed I think it's too soon to try to reevaluate. If this trend is still continuing in a few months and there is significant evidence (with dates since otherwise these could have been from the 18th last year for all we know) then we could consider making a change.

Ok, thank you so much for your time and response!
"Let's go to a place where we can see every star."
★★★★★
Hi, I'm Maggie. My CS time is very limited lately because of school, so I appreciate patience with trades/PMs!
★★★★★
Trade Thread
Auction Thread
★★★★★
maggie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LissaJo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 pm

right now there is a bit of a spike in demand - and remember the list is a guideline, not an actual numbers based thing.. it's user created and based on the opinions of anyone who joins in with facts backing their opinion at the time it's being discussed or placed

it's like the raven going for mainlists - its all because of demand, not really because they are that rare

and there are less bengals than a lot of the mainlists - it was only released last year where most of them have been released and then re-released for several years now, so there are more in the game, thus dropping rarity to VR on many of them.. and the bengal was VR when it first came out - then more users became active and when the rarity updates applied, they were OMGSR

I hope that helps :)
LissaJo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:47 pm

me and almost everyone can agree that the hardest part with list pets is when you're trading for an above the gap mainlist and are offering a below the gap one and don't know what to add.
hello! :)
Bunnyhop627

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:38 pm

I just wanted to add that the bengal only went omgsorare just before the 18th so its most likely to drop down to very rare again, and not move up to omg so rare again until well into 2016. So dont focus too much on that purple omgsorare tag xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby etcetera » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I think (this may be the 18th demand) that Sunbacks are going for much more than their actual worth. I've seen one going for a Sunjewel + July PPS. Yet another was traded for a Plains Zebra + 2 URs (?)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

╔══════════════════════╗

╚══════════════════════╝
╔══════════════════════╗

hi, I'm etcetera!
I'm interested in
getting the UR tiger.
aaand here's a link
to my writing. also;
a complicated realist
often mistaken
for a pessimist.

╚══════════════════════╝
xxxxxxxxxxxx
if you don't
build your
dreams,
someone else
will hire you
to help them
build theirs.
my mind is
a maze.
the further
you go inside
it, the darker
it gets.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
etcetera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ara. » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Etcetera wrote:I think (this may be the 18th demand) that Sunbacks are going for much more than their actual worth. I've seen one going for a Sunjewel + July PPS. Yet another was traded for a Plains Zebra + 2 URs (?)

I would chalk it up to a case of people sometimes paying more because they want to have the growing pup versus the grown adult form. At least that's how I see a lot of people looking at it, some just value the growing ones more, personally.
let's live heroically, let's live with style / even if the two of us are torn apart / take my revolution

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

I don't play anymore.

"Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet."
- Stephen Hawking

Image Image

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Ara.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:17 am

Etcetera wrote:I think (this may be the 18th demand) that Sunbacks are going for much more than their actual worth. I've seen one going for a Sunjewel + July PPS. Yet another was traded for a Plains Zebra + 2 URs (?)

That certainly seems too much, most likely 18th demand. I know that sunbacks are very often overpaid for (from what I hear / see?? haven't owned one of my own in a while) but I can't possibly see them going for a sunjewel and July PPS, even with december 18th demand???? :? That's just- really odd..

~

Also, I had a question about the zebras,
    I'm usually told Zebras have horrible demand even after the lineart change, but I really don't understand?? I see them getting pretty good trades a lot but at the same time I'm just kinda ??? on them..
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me