"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm

kee. wrote:
musicgurl333 wrote:
Solloby wrote:Musicgurl - the list would include those pets, as a pet's inclusion would be based on its rarity.

Ah, okay. That's good to know. I thought I had seen people saying that no new pets were going to be added to the new list until further down the road. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

New pets will be evaluated to possibly go onto the list, but all of the lists currently on the list will be dealt with first. c:

-kee

But if it's rarity only, what needs to be evaluated when we can clearly see that certain pets were VR before some of the pets currently on the list? It kind of seems to defeat the point if we ignore those pets, you know? Because then it's not really a rarity only list.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Every time I look back at this thread we seem to be bringing up old conversations xD
Long post ahead so apologizing now!

The last thing I remember us talking about was if another poll was necessary? Which we decided it was not because the first poll told us that the biggest issue was demand. The current options involving fixing demand were a more "accurate" demand List which has been discussed now several times with having a ton of flaws and a rarity only list. With no other suggestions at that time talking about another option to fix the demand issue.

From looking @Zetirian's list the only added options I feel we can discuss/are possible are: (by added I mean I don't 100% recall if we've talked about them yet as another option to rarity only)
-Push up demand for lower demand pets
-Strip a little bit of demand

-(not entirely sure about what was meant by damage control demand through the list? Meaning fix it to be accurate? Ehh for now I'll leave this one out)

-The educational information we can put into every list so I don't feel it is a fix by itself.
-Damage control outside of just the list isn't really possible. We've talked about getting people to avoid using "demand" in their answers on say the FTT, but demand will always be around and it would just be more harm to try and force people to not include it. We can't really enforce any rules saying you can't ask for "too much" because now we are just getting too strict and rigid with trading and it could cause hesitation to even trade (mostly those who are new or don't know the list very well). So honestly unless there is another suggestions about how to control the demand issue that isn't really an option.

So the options I feel we have are:
-Rarity Only List
-Push up Low Demand List Pets (This one I feel won't really fix any issues alone either?)
-Strip a little bit of demand

I personally still feel that a Rarity-Only List is the best option - which to those worried does NOT mean we are saying demand is not important! It just means the List won't take demand into account and the FTT will still be around to discuss certain pets and their demand as well as other threads and auctions. This option just give people a general idea of what their pets are worth compared to others based on rarity (possibly supply and availability) to use as a vague guide so they know that a Non is more rare than a Skele PPS (just an example don't know if it's true). I feel pushing up low demand pets won't really change anything. Maybe make them get better offers, but overall won't do much. Striping some of the demand is just going to keep things the same. People will still add on more demand to the list that takes demand in account, but now we are blatantly saying "hey the demand these pets are at are wrong" and later on we will have the exact same concerns we've been getting with the current list which is why is the Raven an Advent when it goes for sooo much more. Put it higher.

Edit: Also I've said this before but I'll mention it again the way I view a Rarity-Only List is as a guide not a rule. Everyone uses the current List as a rule of what to value their pets and what offers to make or receive. A Rarity-Only List would not tell you what to offer or what to expect it would just tell you that "this pet" is more rare than "this pet" (just added to expand a bit more on what I was talking about before. Hopefully it makes sense?)

*** Also one very important fact we need to remember when we are talking about the FTT is that DD mentioned that they will soon not be in charge of the FTT! Meaning there is not much we can do about changing it unless the staff member who takes over wishes to do something which most likely will not happen. The change from DD to a staff member is there to help keep an eye on the FTT and make sure people aren't breaking rules such as spam. Asking the staff member to enforce any rules about demand is not something I think we should think atm. ***
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:09 pm

@musicgurl- No one is ignoring those pets. It's very clear that a rarity only list would end up including more pets that are not currently on the list. However, adding more pets won't be done until the current list is dealt with. After that, new pets will be looked at to add.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:14 pm

@kee I don't think that was clear at all. musicgurl's post was the first time I even saw it mentioned (aside from in discussions from... like... a few weeks ago lol).
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:19 pm

nickjr wrote:@kee I don't think that was clear at all. musicgurl's post was the first time I even saw it mentioned (aside from in discussions from... like... a few weeks ago lol).

My bad! It could just be because I've been following the discussion and didn't realize it was talked about so long ago. 😬😬

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:22 pm

kee. wrote:
@musicgurl- No one is ignoring those pets. It's very clear that a rarity only list would end up including more pets that are not currently on the list. However, adding more pets won't be done until the current list is dealt with. After that, new pets will be looked at to add.

-kee

Do we have an idea of what pets might be added to the list?
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm

The backpeddling was my fault. I have not been keeping up with past posts. My answers were purely based on the poll results and DDs question only.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Regarding 'damage control' there is literally no way to do this. Have you ever tried pm'ing someone whos spreading wrong advice? Lemme tell you, they will blow up in your face about it lol

The only damge control that i saw fit is having the thread changed (as nickjr suggested) which is why i made a new layout. This will go up the next thread, with a new name and everything. The ftt will be no more.

Like i said before, ive been working with staff for a long time now to figure out what to do with the ftt (again, long before this all started) and weve decided that its best if general mods own it now so they can deal with reports faster (cutting out the middleman, me). This is something that has been in talks with staff for a longer period then this discussion because ive seen the ftt decay into something it was never meant to be over the years.

That being said:

- @nickjr, i actually said not even two days ago that other pets will be added but nothing will be removed, and that we arent going to discuss or nominate pets that get added right now because we should be wanting to focus on what is currently on the list.
- a poll was decided that wasnt needed again since demand is a problem

- moving pets down by counting rarity more on the current list wont fix any of the issues that started this discussion. People were/are angry that the list doesnt show demand well. They want pets like the ba, joker, sunback, raven, moved up tomreflect what is currently being traded for em (aka a non). Moving others up by counting rarity more (fruits, rats, zebras) also wouldnt help because people still wouldnt know what things are being traded for?

The only way to fix this issue is to cut out demand completely and say 'hey look, this list shows you what pets are technically worth more then the joker,ba,raven,insirtproblempethere, so chose if you wanna overpay by it'

I can def agree to changing the current list we have as i still dont believe its that much wrong as people think it is. We just have to not count demand as much and count rarity more and on top of that have a more detailed explanantion about why it works that way, how pets get added, what gets decided. And mostly remove the pets that are issues and give em their own seperate list based purely on rarity.

Thats the only compromize i can think of right now. Because again, nobody is complaining about a majority of the pets, just the high in demand ones.

So options are
Remove demand and make a rarity only list
Add more demand and make everything sit at what they trade for (spin demand out of control)
Remove issue pets and keep the list the way it is plus update education and gaps list

If another poll is wanted, those options would be the ones i guess?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 pm

DD re those options, you mention issue pets being those with high demand. I would also argue that low demand pets are also issue pets. If they appear in trades even as massive overpay, people will advise the trade be cancelled because of "low demand / hard to trade off". I think this demoralises traders, and they start letting their exceptionally rare pets go for very cheap. We saw this a lot with Zebras over the past few months, and I was offered a Lime Ice Rat in January for very cheap despite the user knowing full well its value - http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... CGPX87d1Gw

So I don't feel that option would resolve the greater issue of demand. It would address the Joker, BA and Raven but that's about it really? I just personally feel that the rarity only list is the only option that actually addresses the issue of overapplied demand for the whole list rather than a few individual pets. Unsure if others feel the same way?
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:46 pm

@sol, no i would say issue pets are all pets that get demand applied on top of demand. So indeed also all 'bad in demand' pets such as rats and some bunnies.

Just remove those pets and put those on a rairty only list seems a bit silly tho
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me