The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Postby boodles » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Riley ♥ wrote:I like how simple the rules are - I think chopping up the quote boxes makes a cool line effect, but the added extra empty space might overwhelm some people and make them less likely to read the rules. I think that you might want to see how it looks if you condense it all into one quote box, or try to make it a little smaller so that they don't take up so much empty space.

I'd like to know if my rules are too small and/or come across as too mean

I like it - it's very neat and to the point. I tend to actually read them when I see a few points and I'm being totally honest I skim when there are a ton of pictures and gifs and copious amounts of text. Doesn't seem mean, just to the point. Easy to read but I'm on desktop with the big screen so heh lol

Curious about mine? I revamped them some time ago trying to keep them more simple.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently obsessed with FR and making trades between here and there.
https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/599233

Canadian || She/Her || Adult || University || Vet School
♡ Animals || ♡ Music || ♡ Crime Dramas || ♡ Photography

Dream Pet: UR Tiger Dog
CS Goal: One of Every Pet (Only 40 left!)
Currently Hunting For: Missing Warrior Cats & 2012 UR Cookie

<< P.S. Those are my puppers!
boodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:49 am

your trade rules are very clear! they're a little long but there's no room for misunderstandings. some people might be a little intimidated by their length, so it might be a good idea to pare them down somewhat or try to make the "Trading Guidelines" more visible. the way you have the tiny text quoted makes it stand out a lot, and seeing it at first confused me because i thought those were the rules you'd written down. perhaps put what's most important in the quote so it attracts more attention. the text is also pretty small and difficult for me to read, but that might just be my problem.

all in all, i like what you have! there's just a lot of it and it's a little overwhelming.

call me rabbit || they/them
adult player || hedgehog enjoyer

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

my mom || my homie || my buddy
trade thread || dreamies || dragon cave
fursona || shadow playlist || sonic fans
rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnaPlantar » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:35 am

your rules are super simple and to the point, easy to understand and I would'nt be afraid to send a suggestion! The images you have included are very inviting! The one thing that throws me off is the formatting of the text how some things are centered and some aren't, it makes it a little harder to read and flow through the text.

I feel like mine are kinda redundand/wordy, and I'm wondering if there's any way to improve
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿

She/They
Hey everyone, I'm Ana and
I'm an aspiring illustrator and a huge cartoon enthusiast!!
Currently obsessed with Critical Role
Feel free to PM me whenever or check me out on Insta or Discord!
I'm a lot more active there!

Discord: afalkart#0063
Insta
Spotify Playlist

🌿🌿🌿
AnaPlantar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnaPlantar » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:30 pm

boost
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿

She/They
Hey everyone, I'm Ana and
I'm an aspiring illustrator and a huge cartoon enthusiast!!
Currently obsessed with Critical Role
Feel free to PM me whenever or check me out on Insta or Discord!
I'm a lot more active there!

Discord: afalkart#0063
Insta
Spotify Playlist

🌿🌿🌿
AnaPlantar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Euasteros » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:08 pm

AnaPlantar wrote:I feel like mine are kinda redundand/wordy, and I'm wondering if there's any way to improve

They look alright to me, though I'm pretty new here! The only things I would change are adding larger titles to help differentiate the sections a bit more. I don't personally think codewords are that useful, because someone can easily just scan for the word and ignore the rest, or accidentally miss the word, but I wouldn't say it's a bad thing to use one! That's just my opinion.

I'm very new here and would love someone with more experience to look over my trade rules! I've done my best to follow some general guidelines, but outside views are always helpful. :)
Lucky | He/him

Eiji! (Werm ID#3410)

╭── ⋆ ⋆ ───── ───── ⋆ ⋆ ──╮

ℂ𝕦𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕠𝕒𝕝𝕤:
All Cave Event '21 pets
All Chameleons (PPS and Adult)
All PPS Butterfly Wolves (Caterpillars and Cocoons)

╰── ⋆ ⋆ ───── ───── ⋆ ⋆ ──╯
Euasteros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyll » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:13 pm

Euasteros wrote:
I'm very new here and would love someone with more experience to look over my trade rules! I've done my best to follow some general guidelines, but outside views are always helpful. :)

They look alright to me, they’re simple, easy to read, and don’t seem hard to follow.

I’m also fairly new sort of. Don’t be fooled by the account creation date, I took a five year hiatus, forgot everything about this place (including its existence lol), and had to relearn.

I’ve never asked for an opinion on my rules before. I feel like they’re too wordy and there’s too much information, but I also feel like it’s all relevant. They used to be even longer. Today I went through and reworded things, shortened others, and bolded my only actual rules, which are admittedly still more like guidelines. I’m unsure where else I can improve besides removing more stuff.

I’m wondering if they’re as bad as I think they are or if I just think that because I wrote them.
Cyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conarcoin » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:36 pm

hi guys, still figuring everything out around here, would appreciate any tips to make my trade rules better c':

edit: to the above user - i think your trade rules are fairly solid, though a bit hard for me to process, but that's a me/formatting issue and not a you issue. i like the separate rules for pet and item trades, i think it makes things a lot clearer. i feel the title of the dreamie section is a bit confusing though, since you go on to list whole groups of pets - perhaps something like "collections" or "looking for" might be clearer?

connor 🕯️ he/any 🎄 adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me